The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (10 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
that's the feeling I get too. It is no easy task to get us 4th and if it happens will be quite a feat, probably enough to get the contract. Ah how bittersweet that day will be.
Its certainly not an impossibile task and I wouldnt put it quite a feat, the squad we have is more than capable of being there, if with luck some of how injuries heal up in time the guy doesnt have much of a tough job, rather he needs to instill believe. Seriously if he does achieve a top 4 finish, its not something to deserve a contract, because what were really doing is shooting our next seasons objectives in the head as well. Its what we did with ciro when he took over ranieri, by keeping him on we more or less ruined this season. We need to learn from past mistakes, if this guys an interim coach it should stay that way, unless if he achieves something spectacular. i.e high position in league plus europa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
be interesting to see what formation he goes with.... a 3-4-1-2 could be interesting for the lazio game:

---------DP----Paolucci
------------Diego
Grosso-Melo-Momo-Candreva
----Chiellini-Canna-Legro

Looks ok on paper actually.... IMO

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Buffon
Cáceres - Cannavaro - Chiellini
Camoranesi - Marchisio/Candreva - Sissoko/Melo - De Ceglie/Grosso
Diego - Giovinco/Del Piero
Amauri/Iaquinta/Trez

When all fit, you think he could go for anything like this? :snoop:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I seriously hate the fact that Zaccheroni is our coach. Unbelievable.

Lippi, Ancelotti and Capello... Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wiki snapshots:

Cappello:His first experience was leading Milan in the last six games of the 1986/87 Serie A season, replacing Nils Liedholm and achieving the UEFA Cup qualifications in a play-off with Sampdoria. However, the following season, Arrigo Sacchi became the new Rossoneri manager and Capello stepped aside, but still worked for the society. Capello then returned to Milan for a brief and less successful spell. Milan finished the Serie A 1997-98 season in 10th place, 30 points behind the champions Juventus, by which time Capello had already departed the club. (coaching record: G563, W320, D163, L80, Win%56.84)

Lippi: After various stints in Italy's lower divisions, became a head coach in Serie A in 1989 with Cesena. Lippi then moved on to Lucchese and Atalanta. The turning point for Lippi came in the 1993–94 season when he led Napoli to a place in the UEFA Cup. The achievement was all the more remarkable given the financial turmoil of a club still basking in the past triumphs inspired by Diego Maradona. After five highly successful seasons at Juventus, Lippi moved to Internazionale in 1999, but was sacked after the first 2000–01 matchday after having faced a lot of criticism due to his poor results in his previous season with the Nerazzurri.(coaching record: can't find)

Ancelotti:Ancelotti's first coaching job was with Serie B squad A.C. Reggiana 1919 in 1995. In his only year with the club, Reggiana earned promotion to Serie A. Ancelotti then returned to Parma - which included upstart goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and current Milan goalkeeping trainer Villiam Vecchi - in 1996. He became the successor of Marcello Lippi at Juventus the next season, but went trophyless during his two-year stint, finishing runner-up twice in Serie A. (coaching record: G701 W385 D169 L147 Win%54.92)

~~Interesting to show the great 3 in their troubled not so successful times.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Can't comment much about this type of move. The guy obviously has experience but lets see if he can transform this team and have a "hiddink effect" rather than a "any palermo coach" effect.

Forza Alberto, lets hope you have a bit more luck than your predecessor I sure think you will need it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Boban blasts Juve and Zac
Saturday 30 January, 2010
Former Milan midfielder Zvonimir Boban has criticised Juventus and Alberto Zaccheroni for making a decision that doesn’t suit either of them.

Juventus formally announced Zaccheroni’s appointment yesterday afternoon after Ciro Ferrara was fired following a run of nine defeats in 12 games.

The Bianconeri had initially set their sights on Guus Hiddink and Rafael Benitez, but neither could commit to the job immediately, prompting Jean-Claude Blanc to make an interim appointment.

Boban, who won a Scudetto with Milan under Zaccheroni in 1999, said he couldn’t understand the decision.

“Juventus have shown a lack of style in dealing in this way just as Zaccheroni has done in accepting to become a caretaker boss,” he told Sky Italia.

“Alberto won the Scudetto and a little respect is lacking on both sides. For example, Juventus disrespected Ferrara and Zaccheroni is disrespecting his own past.

“I think that it’s difficult for someone like him to take over a team in the middle of a season.

“Juventus wanted Benitez and instead they hired Zac, someone who has always played with three at the back. I don’t understand it.

“If Juventus want Benitez, I don’t understand how well Zac will look after the team for him. He is someone who needs time and I don’t see him as a caretaker. It would have been better to just keep Ferrara.”

Finally Boban reflected on how Zaccheroni helped Milan win Serie A 11 years ago.

“I was out of the side and when I played I had quite a defensive role. Then Zac positioned Leonardo out wide and put me behind Weah, and we became a strike partnership worthy of the Scudetto,” he concluded.

Football-italia

Spot on
:sergio:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Even though I stated many times that Zaccheroni is not the right man, but Boban is well known for his hatred toward Zaccheroni, the one who pushed him out of Milan after benching him for a whole season. Eventually, he retired after an awful one-year spell with Celta Vigo.

So, I won't take Boban views on Zaccheroni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)