The Office (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyone seen this one? I watched a couple of episodes since Holden said it was great and at first I thought it was just stupid but somehow I find it a little interesting as I go along. Basically it's watching a bunch of people engaging in socially unacceptable behavior and making an ass of themselves. I can't say that it's funny as I haven't cracked up once watching this thing, my usual reaction is I'm appaled by it. There has to be something to it that keeps me watching it though, can't be all bad.

Isn't the lead guy also one of the writers? A poor man's Seinfeld, huh? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
The office is pure genious, Gervais is great. Everything thing about brent is so real. Those awkward situations that he makes, top stuff!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
not funny at all :lazy:

I gotta get in to this show-business. Cuz when I turn on the radio or the TV, there's nothing but crap music and crap TV-shows performed/written by people with no talent whatsoever. It's to easy to make money these days.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #5
    Ironically, that's not true at all. Yes, there is a lot of crap on tv but just imagine how much more crap they didn't go for. Basically there are tons of people writing crap and a few lucky ones get picked ;)

Sep 14, 2003
    Have you seen the episode where is does the dance fo charity yet? watch that and try not to laugh!

It's funny to me, but my brother hates it so it's not to everyones taste. Personally, shows such as Friends, Seinfeld etc, I don't find funny at all.

Ricky Grevais, who plays David Brent is indeed one of the co-writers.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I've only watched it a bit, but The Office never really impressed me. It's appeal seems to be the 'watercooler tv' thing combined with a little of `there's nothing better on`.

It reminds me of watching Big Brother at 2am - I should just go to bed, but inertia is too powerful.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    inertia[inur´shu] Pronunciation Key, in physics, the resistance of a body to any alteration in its state of motion, i.e., the resistance of a body at rest to being set in motion or of a body in motion to any change of speed or change in direction of motion. Inertia is a property common to all matter. This property was first observed by Galileo and restated by Newton as his first law of motion, sometimes called the law of inertia. Newton's second law of motion states that the external force required to affect the motion of a body is proportional to that acceleration. The constant of proportionality is known as the mass, which is the numerical value of the inertia; the greater the inertia of a body, the less is its acceleration for a given applied force.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    inertia[inur´shu] Pronunciation Key, in physics, the resistance of a body to any alteration in its state of motion, i.e., the resistance of a body at rest to being set in motion or of a body in motion to any change of speed or change in direction of motion. Inertia is a property common to all matter. This property was first observed by Galileo and restated by Newton as his first law of motion, sometimes called the law of inertia. Newton's second law of motion states that the external force required to affect the motion of a body is proportional to that acceleration. The constant of proportionality is known as the mass, which is the numerical value of the inertia; the greater the inertia of a body, the less is its acceleration for a given applied force.
    :confused:

:D
    Thanks.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I reckon he's referring to my last post, which makes a little sense, though he should really have made a point rather than just quoting referance material.

Oh, hang on, I see the problem. My lousey spelling causing trouble again.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I reckon he's referring to my last post, which makes a little sense, though he should really have made a point rather than just quoting referance material.

Oh, hang on, I see the problem. My lousey spelling causing trouble again.
    And are you referring to me in this post? :confused:
    This thread has derailed into absolute confusion!! :dazed:

I just haven't heard the word "intertia" (or inertia) before...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Oh. I assumed that my spelling it wrong ("inertia" is right, "intertia" is me) had confused you, and Martin was correcting me. I was "speaking" to you, since I though Martin had confused you with an unreferanced definition.

There. Clear as mud! :D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    OK...who caught the last two episodes?
    What yah hink?:confused:

Just found these Brentertainments:-

1 Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    2 You have to be 100 % behind someone to stab them in the back
    3 Statistics are like a lamp post to a drunken man - more for leaning on than illuminating
    4 If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.
    5 I thought I could see the end of the tunnel, but it was just some bas*ard with a torch bringing me more work
    6 Accept that some days you are the pigeon and others that you are the statue
    7 Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
    8 If you want the rainbow youve gotta put up with the rain. Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of t***.
    9 Avoid employing unlucky people. Throw half of the cv's in the bin without reading them
    10 When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
    11 Who said famine has to be depressing?
    12 Those of you who think you know everthing are annoying to those of us who do.
    13 Well, there's good new and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches and some of you will be loosing your jobs. On a more positive note, the good news is I've just been promoted. So...every cloud...your still thinking about the bad news aren't you?
    and my personal fav...
    14 Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability

A real role model:dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)