The odd forum awards - THE WINNERS (38 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

lads supporting div 3 teams are admirable, but dont forget that many of them also support a team in the top div!

like i said, these people are influenced by their environments. I think it's safe to say that 95% of the fans who support a div 3 team are from the same town. the other 4.9% are devoted fans like the Fiorentina fans who've watched their team go down and they stick with their team.

As for me, It's natural that i support a top team. I've lived in the middle east most of my life. We only get coverage of the top divisions. we dont get serie B, English Div 2,..etc. games. i watched many of the leagues and settled with Juve. FYI, I became a juve fan the night Juve lost to Dortmund. back then, I followed Milan because i liked Baggio (he wasn't at his best either) and i also followed Lazio because of Casiraghi. Before we had satilie tv, i could only see national teams.. that's how i was introduced to Casiraghi and Baggio.

This doesn't contradict with what i say about many US and far asian fans. They CAN Get many EPL, Bundesliga, Argentinian, French, and to some extent, the Spanish and Italian leagues. but they are more influenced by the media-whores like Becks. dont' get me wrong, it's natural to fall in love with a winning team that plays good football. My problem is with the fake fans that change boats when their own is sinking.
i never questioned your support to juventus. i started following juve when they finished 6th in the league.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Well i didnt :D

I first saw them v Fiorentina when Del Piero scored that amazing goal. Then i started watching them more. But it was Ravanelli coming of the bench and scoring 2 goals (forget who against) that made me really start loving them and Ravanelli :cool:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Wow dude, that was fvcking awesome! Supposedly there was a tornado spotted a couple miles from my house! Damn, I wish I saw it. I might become a meteorologist or weather forecaster for my adulthood; I love the suspense of this. We don't get many tornadoes around here, so I always get hyped up about it when a warning comes in, thinking that I will finally get to see a tornado. You know what an awesome job would be? Being a tornado chaser; getting up close to a tornado and filming it. That would be rather cool. Hmmm, I need to call my friends up to see whats going on.
SERGIO, SWEETHEART YOU'RE WRONG

I think its so exciting to see a Tornado in real life! not to be a meteorologist but to see a real Tornado would be awesome. Too exciting!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

SERGIO, SWEETHEART YOU'RE WRONG

I think its so exciting to see a Tornado in real life! not to be a meteorologist but to see a real Tornado would be awesome. Too exciting!
Exactly Fabi! Finally someone agrees with me! :D

I can't wait for the day when I see a tornado rolling by in person.

Hey Fabi, do you have tornadoes down in Venezuela?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Exactly Fabi! Finally someone agrees with me! :D

I can't wait for the day when I see a tornado rolling by in person.

Hey Fabi, do you have tornadoes down in Venezuela?

No!!!!!!!!! Thats why I've always wanted to see one.

My mom and dad lived in Oklahoma for a few years and I cannot believe they never saw one in person.

We barely have climatic changes here. There are only two seasons (a dry one and a rainy one)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #294
    I have seen a tornado in real life actually. It shoved (didn't really lift it) a small car into a canal, I was several hundreds of meters away. Too frightening. Wasn't liking it at all. My dad's cousin was hanging from a bridge, holding on to the railing (he later told me, I didn't see him at the time). His bicycle was already sucked away, he nearly went himself too. Then the tornado suddenly died out as quickly as it had appeared.

Water and wind - Holland's main enemies. :mute:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

No!!!!!!!!! Thats why I've always wanted to see one.

My mom and dad lived in Oklahoma for a few years and I cannot believe they never saw one in person.

We barely have climatic changes here. There are only two seasons (a dry one and a rainy one)
    Hmmm, that must suck.

Wow, I can't believe they never saw one in person. Oklahoma gets over 80 tornadoes a year. I think that State would be a rather exciting place to live, better than here. I live near Washington, DC, and in Maryalnd there are only about two tornadoes a year. Hopefully our climate will change, and more tornadoes will spawn here. In fact, it seems like the number of them are starting to increase. Last year there were 3 tornadoes in Maryland, and now we are off to a great start with one. Hopefully, more will come DURING THE DAY next time, not at night like last night.

And where I live we have snow stroms, so that means we usually get off school some days during the winter. So that means I can enjoy the wonderful sport of skiing during those days.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I have seen a tornado in real life actually. It shoved (didn't really lift it) a small car into a canal, I was several hundreds of meters away. Too frightening. Wasn't liking it at all. My dad's cousin was hanging from a bridge, holding on to the railing (he later told me, I didn't see him at the time). His bicycle was already sucked away, he nearly went himself too. Then the tornado suddenly died out as quickly as it had appeared.

Water and wind - Holland's main enemies. :mute:
    Wow, that must of been scary for you guys, since you don't usually see that kind of weather in Holland, right?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #297
    Wow, that must of been scary for you guys, since you don't usually see that kind of weather in Holland, right?
    Such a nice patrionising tone in that post :D We happen to have one of the most violent climates of all continental European nations actually. It's because we have a very flat land, reclaimed from the sea, you have very odd circumstances that create, logical wise, odd types of weather.

Thunderstorms are the best examples. They sometimes come out of nowhere, strike with huge force, then disappear again. I heard some provinces even have thunderstorm alarms in their cities, warning people to get the hell inside.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    One of the places where Ive been colder in my life was in Amsterdam. A small river was completely froze and I could walk on it like it was a normal floor. Amazing stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)