The NHL Thread (11 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Somebody explain to me the ad wizards in the NHL who came up with the "overtime loss/shootout loss" column in the scoring system.

It's bad enough in soccer when a match has to be decided by penalty kicks. But is it really necessary for every regular season draw too?? :sigh:

Disgraceful...

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    My Wings are still doing fairly well, however we have lost to the Canucks twice thus far and this worries me...we must perform well against the better teams in the NHL.

And wow, the best line in the league right now is no doubt the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson combination for the Ottawa Senators...they are absolutely tearing the league apart. The two highest profile youngsters in the league, Sydney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin, are both playing very well and this is good news for the NHL...we must have those great young talents to draw new fans into the league.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Meh, Toronto is not looking too good, even though they're fourth in the Eastern Conference. We'll see what the next few months brings (ex. concussion to Eric Lindros).

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    Jiri Fischer collapsed on the Red Wings bench tonight suffering from a seizure. The staff gave him CPR and nobody really knew what was going on. Yzerman and Draper like true leaders rushed around the ice helping the medical staff, and Jiri's fiance was helped on the ice to see Fischer when he was down. She couldn't take seeing her fiance like that and was helped off the ice. Fischer was taken to a Detroit hospital and is said to be in stable condition, which is great news. The NHL cancelled the game after this and it was a good decision...hockey doesn't matter when a life is on the line.

Never seen anything as scary as that in a hockey game before. Brought back terrible memories of the Foe incident.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

Another team I've supported since I was like 6. Too bad I'm not into the NHL as much as I was when I lived in Sweden. When's the All-Star Game btw? Is it gonna be N. America v Europe or the typical West v East?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    Our GM Holland said that Fischer is doing well, and was even in a joking mood earlier today at the Detroit hospital. You have got to love Jiri Fischer. :touched:

Tahir: The All Star game is usually in February, however I am not sure what format they will use this year...it seemingly changes all the time. Hopefully it will be a true All Star game and have East vs. West.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

didn't watch nhl for quite some time. before i supported the penguins. how's jagr doing? is he still playing?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    Jagr plays for the Rangers and is top three in scoring thus far this season. He's doing perfectly fine, however the same cannot be said about his team..

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

well if i remember correctly he always did perfectly fine, he's always one of the best scorers/assisters. so he left my penguins... :( they probably suck now right?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    Well, they are not doing very well right now, however they have Sidney Crosby in thier ranks, a prospect who has been compared to Wayne Gretzky. He has been one of the top 20 scorers in the league thus far, and has a great future. He could become even better than Jagr..

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

poor penguins i just checked they're last in the atlantic divison...but the rangers are top of the conference one point behind the senators, you said they're not doing fine, seems they're doing alright. ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

holy sh*t!! mario lemiux is still playing for the penguins, i thought he retired already, he's old...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)