The NHL Thread (13 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
mark77 said:
Habs got robbed by the damn ref tonight even if they sucked in the 1st period. Leafs cry/complain about the refs and now they get all the calls. BS!!!
Aie, that's harsh. Well, considering the fact that they should have beat Carolina on Friday in OT but the referees disallowed the goal, I think the Leafs have a right to complain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The Boston Bruins have traded Joe Thornton to the San Jose Sharks for Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau. WOW!!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, the Bruins are a goddamn joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, oh God, oh GOD!!! I can't stop laughing at that pathetic franchise. Hey Boston, why not just get a bag of autographed pucks instead.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
is thornton any good? i dont really know shit about hockey i just like going to the games, theyre always exciting

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Thornton is a franchise player. A great player. As a habs fan I can't stop myself laughing. hahaha

San Jose were the only team with a considerable amount of cap room so that's why he ended up there.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #67
    Wow, I did not really see that coming. In some ways I think it's a bad move for San Jose because they let Brad Stuart who is a very good defenseman go and also Marco Sturm who is a great two-way player. San Jose just lost some good defensive players and from what I have seen this is where they have struggled the most...keeping goals out of Nabokov's net.

Thorton is a great player, however the verdict is still out on the moves obviously. Now Boston doesn't really have a top center so this trade doesn't exactly make any sense for both sides.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #68
    Sir Sebastian said:
    is thornton any good? i dont really know shit about hockey i just like going to the games, theyre always exciting
    Thorton has been in the top 10 in scoring for at least the past three NHL seasons...so yeah he is very damn good. Joe is an excellent passer of the puck and has a pretty sick wrist shot.

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005
    the Bruins need some changes and fresh blood, for they are at bottom of division. I hope no improvement of Bruins. Leafs division is strong enough. Though it is too early to forecast champion, i highly believe either Senators or Red Wings will win stanley Cup this year. But miracles sometimes do happy, leafs still have chance, it is quite little anyway.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    is nabakov still on the sharks? he used to be my favorite player, but ive only been once since the strike and they had some other guy, nabokov wasnt on the bench and they never even mentioned his name

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #71
    Yeah Nabokov is still playing for the Sharks and not really playing well either...they are playing this Schaefer guy instead now.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    watermelon said:
    the Bruins need some changes and fresh blood, for they are at bottom of division. I hope no improvement of Bruins. Leafs division is strong enough. Though it is too early to forecast champion, i highly believe either Senators or Red Wings will win stanley Cup this year. But miracles sometimes do happy, leafs still have chance, it is quite little anyway.
    Ha, another Leaf fan! That makes two of us. :weee:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #75
    Somebody gave me negative rep for my first post in this thread...wow that is simply stunning.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #79
    Well, it is being reported the Bruins are suffering from low morale. Sounds like something from a FIFA game.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #80
    Lemieux doesn't know if the Penguins will be able to survive in Pittsburgh...wonderful. Another decent organization goes down the drain due to ineptness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)