The NHL Thread (18 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
trade/sign a center, in a year Peohling comes, in 2 Kotkoniemi...

Veleno seemed to give that Angelo Esposito vibe. Like I said, may good players are left in the 2nd round.

I liked that LD kid Beaudin. Would have traded up to get him but went too much early.

We'll see today how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Next year watch this kid
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/335712/raphael-lavoie

mock drafts have him at #15-17...I think he'll go higher.
Here's the thing though. This type of thought process lends itself to believe that it is a rebuild. And if it is, then just go out and trade Pacioretty and Price. These guys will start to be past their prime by the time Poehling (who is awesome), and this kid are ready.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. This roster is still one that lmis closer to the #1 pick than the playoffs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Here's the thing though. This type of thought process lends itself to believe that it is a rebuild. And if it is, then just go out and trade Pacioretty and Price. These guys will start to be past their prime by the time Poehling (who is awesome), and this kid are ready.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. This roster is still one that lmis closer to the #1 pick than the playoffs.
it's a Hybruild.

ok I'm done...see ya for rounds 2....

but Patch is surely gone...let's see what we get in return. :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

oh and

:allegri:

- - - Updated - - -

get 2-3 of those and I'm thrilled.

- - - Updated - - -

saw that

- - - Updated - - -

Ylonen
Byron 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

get Thomas or Wilde

- - - Updated - - -

Kovalchuk to L.A

no Patch there. :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

Romanov a Hab.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done, bye.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The club will turn around just by luck at this point. Look at all these picks, some will pan out. Prospects are just a numbers game. Keep them out of MTL night life until they're 24 and you're fine.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The club will turn around just by luck at this point. Look at all these picks, some will pan out. Prospects are just a numbers game. Keep them out of MTL night life until they're 24 and you're fine.
It certainly won't be by the draft. If you take a look at how many players they have drafted that are regulars since the 2008 draft, it is pathetic. Only 6 players have amassed 100 games played, and of those 6, only 3 are on the current roster.

That is bad draft management and development, no matter how you look at it.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Man, I haven't been excited about Red Wings future for quite some time but that potential top 6 is just :tuttosport:

Mantha - Larkin - Zadina
Berggren - Velano - Rasmussen

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Apparently, Montreal is not even on the lists for Tavares.

Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

And there is no one else at the position that is worth any kind of real money. Unless they want to pay Stastny #1 Center money for someone who certainly does not put up points like one.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That would be devastating.

I think he ends up in Dallas. Just a hunch. I’m not really sure why the Leafs are after him. If they ditch Wee Willy for 8 year Tavares contract, many will be disappointed.
Oh, it's going to Happen. The only team that I can see competing with them are the Lightning, but I have no idea how they are going to fit him under the cap.

Could you imagine a lineup that has Tavares, Bergeron, and Krecj as your top 3 centremen?

Krecj would be on the first line in Montreal. That is how fucking pathetic the situation is right now.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We'll probably overpay for Stastny. That's if he even wants to come here.
We can basically welcome Jack Johnson too...or De haan.
and we loves them 4th liners so Roussel is definitely coming here.
love them 6/7th D's so Ouellet pack your bags...
Duclair didn't get an offer from Chicago so...

top 10 in next draft seem better than this year's. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

so apparently Patch was traded to L.A but he didn't agree to the extension and fired his agent...

they say the deal included Muzzin, a 2nd and Dolan.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jack Johnson.

Or course. Another shitty defenseman to be signed to a long term contract. Why not. Why don't they just take on a bad contract or two and acquire 1st round picks from teams that actually have a chance to sign free agents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)