Sekac(older than others) but :tuttosport:
McCarron :tup:
Lernout :tup:
Andrighetto :tup:
Scherbak :tup: What a character also. :D

JDL didn't play but this guy will rock!!! :mark:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, by going off of this list, they've extended an offer to Dalton Thrower but not to Brady Vail.

Interesting.

And they offered a contract to Gregoire. I heard he had a much much better year in juniors this past season.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
So, are the Habs going to sign Subban or what? He's probably going home with Stamkos in 2016. :howler:

Eller at 4 years/$14 mil is not bad.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
He was born a Habs fan and said he wants to stay here 4 life. :touched:

8 years, ~8m per year I guess. I think they'll announce it this week.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=458569

Holy shit, 9M per season?! WOW. PK Subban is going to be earning a higher salary than Sidney Crosby... for the entire length of this deal. That's crazy to me.

Happy for you boys that you got your man, but that is a TON of cheddar, wow. Can somebody please remind me why there have been 4 lockouts in the last 20 years, or whatever? Especially that last fucking lockout, what a joke that's turned out to be.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Holy shit, 9M per season?! WOW. PK Subban is going to be earning a higher salary than Sidney Crosby... for the entire length of this deal. That's crazy to me.

Happy for you boys that you got your man, but that is a TON of cheddar, wow. Can somebody please remind me why there have been 4 lockouts in the last 20 years, or whatever? Especially that last fucking lockout, what a joke that's turned out to be.
He's arguably one of the leagues top 5 most exciting players in this league. There aren't many players who put you on the edge of your seat the moment he touches the puck.

He's a clutch performer, a playoff performer, a beacon of the community with his off-ice contributions and his work ethic.

Worth every damn penny. I can finally get my # 76 jersey now.

p.s. I still have your book. Before I send this back out again, I need to make sure that you are actually going to be home.

Max

Jul 15, 2003

Holy $#@!, 9M per season?! WOW. PK Subban is going to be earning a higher salary than Sidney Crosby... for the entire length of this deal. That's crazy to me.

Happy for you boys that you got your man, but that is a TON of cheddar, wow. Can somebody please remind me why there have been 4 lockouts in the last 20 years, or whatever? Especially that last $#@!ing lockout, what a joke that's turned out to be.
Right? Bitches be shopping. In a way, Subban deserves it. I think I'd only pay Doughty more, but he's already in at 7 mil/year for some time in LA (a steal, I'd say). The Habs had no choice but to sign Subban (a young, marketable leader with personality, looking at you Crosby), so they've done well. Imagine if they let him go? Those damn Frenchies would've gone ape.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He's arguably one of the leagues top 5 most exciting players in this league. There aren't many players who put you on the edge of your seat the moment he touches the puck.

He's a clutch performer, a playoff performer, a beacon of the community with his off-ice contributions and his work ethic.

Worth every damn penny. I can finally get my # 76 jersey now.

p.s. I still have your book. Before I send this back out again, I need to make sure that you are actually going to be home.
Hmmm... I think I should probably disregard that part about PK being arguably amongst the top 5 most exciting players in the league... :p

But he is a gem, absolutely an edge of your seat player, absolutely a guy MTL had to sign for the fan-base. I get that. I'm not sure he would have gotten that deal in Boston, because of the salary structure/hierarchy, but he's a tremendous young player and a ton of fun to watch. I'm glad you got your man, brother, glad you're happy about it.

I guess I'm just getting more and more jaded with the league. If memory serves me, before the last lockout the NHL was coming off record revenue in something like 5 consecutive seasons, and had doubled their revenue since the previous lockout. So the fans all lose most of a season, my team -- which is built to win now -- has to restructure their lineup because of the Cap roll-back, and then boom, Cap numbers are suddenly back to where they were prior to the lockout. Was it all really necessary? I find it incredibly frustrating.

Right? Bitches be shopping. In a way, Subban deserves it. I think I'd only pay Doughty more, but he's already in at 7 mil/year for some time in LA (a steal, I'd say). The Habs had no choice but to sign Subban (a young, marketable leader with personality, looking at you Crosby), so they've done well. Imagine if they let him go? Those damn Frenchies would've gone ape.
Bitches do be shopping! Yeah, salaries in general are jumping all over the place, and once you start to look at some of the comparable numbers, it's kind of like "OK, yeah, I guess I can see how if player X is making 6M, player Y should be making 9M." There are just a ton of stupid deals around the league that have been signed for modest talent, and those really tend to skew the comparable numbers... but that's the market. And you're absolutely right, bud, those Frenchies would have gone fucking ballistic if PK had been allowed to walk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)