The NHL Thread (10 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
They'll be back dude. 5 years MAX. In the meantime you can enjoy the success the Habs will have by getting #25 before that. :burke:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
No cap room left to sign Kadri and Franson. The terms they agreed to for Clarkson are laughable and Kessel might walk out of Toronto next year, even after they signed Bozak for him. :andyandbarcelona:

Is everyone okay with these new divisions? It doesn't bode well for the Habs, Leafs, or Sens. Bruins and Wings are a lock for the post-season.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
As a Red Wings fan I'm more than happy with new division. I've been waiting for yeaaaaaaars for Wings to move East and stop the retarded travel schedule. The games will also be in much better time for me as a European.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
@Enron

how was Murray for you guys last year?

I know he's slow as hell but we plan to use him on the PK and about 10-12 min.

about the divisions it's gonna be tough for sure, not only about Detroit coming here but also the other teams that got better.

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
@Enron

how was Murray for you guys last year?

I know he's slow as hell but we plan to use him on the PK and about 10-12 min.

about the divisions it's gonna be tough for sure, not only about Detroit coming here but also the other teams that got better.
He was made out to be absolutely ridiculous in the Bruins ECF series, his lack of foot speed is quite evident and the Bruins really pounced on him. If you want to look into further statistics, Douglas Murray has had declining shot differential rates on a year-to-year basis, which can be made primarily due to Dan Boyle's declining play (his former defense partner) and his own footspeed. I guess, yeah he is a beast, he is probably the most physically fit player in the league. I read that he had a ridiculous body fat% and can lift some big weights, but that doesn't make him a better hockey player. So I guess in the role you suggest (10-12 mins), he can be adequate if he is paired up with a decent puckmover (Diaz?) on the bottom pairing. I think Montreal do have a lot of better defenders when healthy (Subban, Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Tinordi, Bouillon Belieau).

As much as I hate to say it, the Habs should be fine going into next season, probably challenging Boston for the division title along with the Sens and Wings. But Price does need to up his game. I've never seen a goalie with a 905 sv% get as hyped up as him.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He was made out to be absolutely ridiculous in the Bruins ECF series, his lack of foot speed is quite evident and the Bruins really pounced on him. If you want to look into further statistics, Douglas Murray has had declining shot differential rates on a year-to-year basis, which can be made primarily due to Dan Boyle's declining play (his former defense partner) and his own footspeed. I guess, yeah he is a beast, he is probably the most physically fit player in the league. I read that he had a ridiculous body fat% and can lift some big weights, but that doesn't make him a better hockey player. So I guess in the role you suggest (10-12 mins), he can be adequate if he is paired up with a decent puckmover (Diaz?) on the bottom pairing. I think Montreal do have a lot of better defenders when healthy (Subban, Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Tinordi, Bouillon Belieau).

As much as I hate to say it, the Habs should be fine going into next season, probably challenging Boston for the division title along with the Sens and Wings. But Price does need to up his game. I've never seen a goalie with a 905 sv% get as hyped up as him.
Nice post, bud.

As for the part in bold...

Attachments

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
Pardon my ignorance.

Since your post date was basically the exact 2yr anniversary after the Lokomotiv plane crash, I figured that video title was in reference to Alex Galimov, who also played for Lokomotiv. He was the last surviving player from the plane crash, but passed away a few days later.

I'm guessing that video is of Emil Galimov, recent Sharks draftee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)