The NHL Thread (24 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sportsnet has Mike Ribeiro as the #2 best available free agent this year.

Sure.

I'm skipping the free agency madness this year. I'll stick to the NBA this time around. At least I know that the Lakers will be in the market for someone really good.

- - - Updated - - -

trades for picks and some guys we don't see in our future.
No. Just no. Especially Sharp.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I thought he did well in the playoffs apart from 1 round.

I wouldn't mind having him play with Pacioretty.
At what cost?

What are you willing to give up? The majority of the draft picks for the last couple of years have either stalled or regressed in their development, so I don't know if there are any prospects that Chicago would be looking for. So now you are talking about trading a piece from the senior club.

Beaulieu? Willing to trade him? I'm sure as fuck not willing to do that.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Beaulieu? Of course not.

Bergevin and Bowman will talk and see if they can do something. Bergevin won't throw everything at them to help CHI lower their cap.

Which of our last draft picks have regressed or stalled? De la Rose made the team, McCarron had a great year and playoffs, Scherbak might have a shot next yea IF we don,t get a guy in a trade or UFA....

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that some like Tinordi should be in the NHL right now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Beaulieu? Of course not.

Bergevin and Bowman will talk and see if they can do something. Bergevin won't throw everything at them to help CHI lower their cap.

Which of our last draft picks have regressed or stalled? De la Rose made the team, McCarron had a great year and playoffs, Scherbak might have a shot next yea IF we don,t get a guy in a trade or UFA....
Thrower, Fucale, to name two. Scherbak did not have the same type of season that he did when he was first drafted. His numbers were barely better than the year before, when he should have made a leap. Audette stagnated, they may not even sign Martin Reway, Connor Crisp took a step back. This wasn't a good year for the prospects.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They can't all do great man. Not all guys we draft in rounds 1 to 7 make it in the NHL.
It's not even about that. YOu know I'm smarter than that. The point I was making is that none of these prospects would be interesting to other clubs if they showed no improvement. In fact the only one who made that leap is McCarron, and they can't afford to give him up

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

2015 HHOF Inductees Announced! - Congratulations to Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero, Hay & Karmanos.

Fedorov:heart:

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=772913

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I got sources everywhere man, EVERYWHERE.
I read it on CBS Sportsline. He must have fallen in love with a stripper at Club Supersexe or something, because I can't figure out why else a player would want Montreal at the top of their list. Especially with those taxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)