The NHL Thread (15 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Cool. Hanging with the Punjabi locals. ;)

Wait a minute. Did I just learn something here? The Saudis have restrictions on you (who exactly is "you" here?), preventing you from attending Hajj? How ^%#$ed up is that?!

That's like telling a Hindu that he can't go to Ganga/the Ganges.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Cool. Hanging with the Punjabi locals. ;)

Wait a minute. Did I just learn something here? The Saudis have restrictions on you (who exactly is "you" here?), preventing you from attending Hajj? How ^%#$ed up is that?!
What restrictions are those?
Basically, I belong to a sect of Islam (Ahmadiyya Sect) which were declared heretic and "non-Muslim" in Pakistan in 1974 due to pressure from Mullah's (corrupt clergy).

It wasn't just Pakistan however, as it was instigated by Middle Eastern governments more or less (namely Saudi Arabia). To make a long story short: Anytime anyone goes for Hajj, they have to sign a form that says that Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was an impostor prophet and that Ahmadi's are infidels. Us being Ahmadi's, naturally don't sign it.

So what most Ahmadi's do is that they do the Umrah to avoid signing any such document. But it's obviously not the same thing as the Hajj.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Basically, I belong to a sect of Islam (Ahmadiyya Sect) which were declared heretic and "non-Muslim" in Pakistan in 1974 due to pressure from Mullah's (corrupt clergy).

It wasn't just Pakistan however, as it was instigated by Middle Eastern governments more or less (namely Saudi Arabia). To make a long story short: Anytime anyone goes for Hajj, they have to sign a form that says that Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was an impostor prophet and that Ahmadi's are infidels. Us being Ahmadi's, naturally don't sign it.

So what most Ahmadi's do is that they do the Umrah to avoid signing any such document. But it's obviously not the same thing as the Hajj.
Weird. And here I generally thought that Muslims were generally discouraged from calling others "non-Muslim" heretics ... at least to the extent that Muhammad (loosely) said that whenever someone calls their brother a heretic, one of them is right. The question is always which one.

Of course, get a few cranked out Mullahs and anything is possible I suppose...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I take it you're not going to read the links :D I'll summarize quickly because I gotta be up for work in 5 hrs.

He claimed to be the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ; The Messiah and the reformer of the age. Other Muslims interpret a verse of the Qur'an that says "Khatam Nabiyeen" which means "Seal of Prophets". What this means is that Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him) was the last prophet and that no one can come after him. Which is true, but our interpretation differs in that we believe that Prophet Muhammad was the last law bearing prophet (law meaning; Torah, Bible, Qur'an).

Other Muslims are waiting for the return of Jesus Christ just like Christians (however their expectations are different). We believe Jesus Christ didn't die on the cross, nor did he ascend into the heavens (belief that other Muslims hold) but that he survived and escaped to Kashmir, where he died a natural death (see , and book)

We believe that the 2nd coming that everyone's waiting for, whether it be the Messiah of the Jews, Buddha, Krishna, etc. has already come and he was Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was that person.

So you might say..."so what? what's so bad about that" and you're quite right in asking. This somehow riles up these Muslims and ever since the 1950's we've been persecuted . But it's not surprising, most Muslims today are too busy pointing fingers at each other and seem to have divine right to declare who's a Muslim and who's not. Human progress is an alien concept to them.

Weird. And here I generally thought that Muslims were generally discouraged from calling others "non-Muslim" heretics ... at least to the extent that Muhammad (loosely) said that whenever someone calls their brother a heretic, one of them is right. The question is always which one.

Of course, get a few cranked out Mullahs and anything is possible I suppose...
No, he said whosoever calls another Muslim a kaffir (infidel) is a kaffir himself. No one has the authority to make any such claim.

How did we get from Mats Sundin to this? :D Feel free to move this to one of the gazillion off-topic threads we have now. I'm going to sleep fella's. If you any more questions, I'll pick it up tomorrow or drop me a pm. Goodnight.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
At least we kept Orpik. Now I really hate the Red Wings. I am sure of it.
Sry Dude:D

But you got to admit Holland is simply the best GM out there.

Btw,Stuart re-signed as well and Ty Conklin joined for one year $750,000 deal.

Ozzie/Conklin looks solid.
Very smart!

Flip,Hank and Franzen to exdend deals and we're set.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #873
    Hossa signing might backfire though. He might not gel so well with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, as Holmstrom's dirty work is crucial for Pavel and Henrik to flourish. So perhaps Hossa would fit in better with the second line crew, providing the danger for that line.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Hossa signing might backfire though. He might not gel so well with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, as Holmstrom's dirty work is crucial for Pavel and Henrik to flourish. So perhaps Hossa would fit in better with the second line crew, providing the danger for that line.
    Actually yeah i'm pretty sure he won't be on the 1st line...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
    Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Cleary-Draper-Samuleson
    Hudler-Kopecky/Helm-Maltby

Great great 2 top lines!!all 6 is just amazing:)

Btw:
    The Pens have signed Miroslav Satan & Ruslan Fedotenko to one-year deals.

Also,Penguins lock up Fleury for 7 years $35 million extension.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Actually yeah i'm pretty sure he won't be on the 1st line...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
    Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Cleary-Draper-Samuleson
    Hudler-Kopecky/Helm-Maltby

Great great 2 top lines!!all 6 is just amazing:)

Btw:
    The Pens have signed Miroslav Satan & Ruslan Fedotenko to one-year deals.

Also,Penguins lock up Fleury for 7 years $35 million extension.
    I saw that. Good news. Also thanks to Crosby and Malkin for taking pay cuts to get Orpick.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Hossa will probably be second line barring injury. Though he'll probably be first wave on power plays. Red Wings officially have the best best team in the league now. I hate them so much.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's talk of another outdoor game to be scheduled for January 1st. Chicago Blackhawks vs Detroit Red Wings to be specific and it will be played at Wrigley Field, the home of the Cubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)