The NHL Thread (13 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
What a way to end the playoff by the Hawks. Happy for Toews, his mother side is from a region near mine. His grandfather was very emotional on the radio today and it was very sympathetic to hear.

It shall be a quiet and serene morning for me today, and do not worry for me my friends.

For today, I shall not thirst.

For I shall feast on the tears of bruins fans this morning to provide me the sustenance to make it through the day
We won't worry or care at all.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
@TrezJuve

sorry, no Nords this year. If Coyotes leave it's Seattle.

I told you! :stuckup:

only way is through expansion. Québec and Las Vegas baby!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
swag is a Black Cocks fan?

congrats buddy!

:D

:beer:
Truth be told, I was quite controversial in Chicago, as I was originally a Minnesota North Stars fan. But since they sold out and became a cheesy version of themselves in Dallas, it's been the Hawks ever since. :D

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
@TrezJuve

sorry, no Nords this year. If Coyotes leave it's Seattle.

I told you! :stuckup:

only way is through expansion. Québec and Las Vegas baby!
Seattle :shifty: Long post incoming.

I think the city really is an interesting market and that it will definitely be a big success if it were to host an NHL team. I know there is big propaganda by the media lately (especially those with NHL affiliations), by their mayor and by the NHL itself, but in concrete, they are not ready for the short term because of many reasons and I think it's just a hoax to put pressure on Glendale to get a lease agreement with RSE. Seattle doesn't have an arena that is ready, Key arena can't host a team of NHL standard let alone of lesser level. Ice isn't ready, nothing is for that matter. They also won't have a new arena at least in the foreseeable future as the Kings of Sacramento won't move to Seattle. No basketball, no hockey, as they need both for the arena to be profitable. I think their sudden interest in Seattle is also because they want to start a fire, an interest so that Seattle moves closer towards being ready in the future so that they become at least a legit option for expansion/relocation. For now, they also don't have the time to develop the interest, as there isn't a proper fan base (plenty of people holding an interest, but still not a fan base). No doubt that it will eventually get there, and it will be interesting to see the potential rivalry with Vancouver.

Today was an important day, the board of governors met. 2nd of July is make or break for the Coyotes. Glendale's counselors have to agree and vote in favor of RSE's plan (bunch of clowns, no credibility, no experience in managing an arena, look to buy the franchise with mostly loans rather than straight cash i.e. broke), and they have to agree in favor of sacrificing public services and giving hard life to their tax payers. To be honest, I don't see it happening, but there are some Coyotes fans on the council that advocate the idea of keeping the franchise so we never know. In fact, we just never know in general with this saga. We know that the NHL won't do a lame duck, so it's either relocation or the franchise staying.

I wasn't hopeful in May, my hopes had crashed, but I think Quebec really is now the only legit option on the short term (Yes, I know I sound biased but I don't think I am in saying this). Québec is playing the game NHL wants, keeps low profile, is silent. They don't want a Winnipeg 2.0 (visibility, leaks, or anything because they want it to work in AZ). Big consensus in the North American medias on Seattle, not even considerations of my city as potential option (even in the media over here) which is really ridiculous. Lots of rumors in QC city tho, the city is on fire and there are a good number of supposedly insiders that think it is coming (means little). New arena will be ready in 2015 (the construction strike won't change much), little market compared to Seattle but owner owns a powerful media outlet that is important in the province and beyond which will promote the team, hockeycrazy and dedicated fans, old arena ready and now of NHL standards. I think QC would be a success just like Winnipeg. Bettman recently said that he will prioritize past markets for relocation to repair 'error of the past', but everybody knows he highly dislikes the QC idea and don't want another Canadian team as he prefers to develop the American market, expand the interest in the game and gain new fans. He was upset to such a degree when Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, he took it like a defeat and he'll be doing his everything to not lose his Coyotes. Let's hope he'll be forced given circumstances. Still, even if I think QC remains the only solid option I wouldn't even bet on it because as I said you just never know with this saga.

AND regarding expansion, I think it will be Markham and QC/Seattle but that will take a lot of time to happen since the NHL wants all their teams to be stable before enforcing it.

- - - Updated - - -

See, that's not very nice of you
It was a cheap shot. I regret.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
@Mark

Vincent Lecavallier?

What say you, Marcus?
I drooled over the fact he could be available 3-4 years ago. Then I saw what we offered(if true) and I went ouff! Thankfully we didn't get him.

now, he's free and his injuries have been broken/fractured bones so he won't have immediate problems with that I think so for the right price I say yes IF it's 3 years and around 3m per year AND we trade DD.

Will somebody else offer more? YES!
Does he really want to come here? I don't think so. Some of his entourage say he prefers being incognito and doesn't like the media attention especially the one form here. Today he was vague in answering question about the possibility to join the Habs. I was hoping for a response like YES! I want to come here and show that I would have come 4 years ago so give me 1m and I<ll sign.

He won't do that. :p

Let's sign Bickell and Clarkson. :D

Seattle :shifty: Long post incoming.

I think the city really is an interesting market and that it will definitely be a big success if it were to host an NHL team. I know there is big propaganda by the media lately (especially those with NHL affiliations), by their mayor and by the NHL itself, but in concrete, they are not ready for the short term because of many reasons and I think it's just a hoax to put pressure on Glendale to get a lease agreement with RSE. Seattle doesn't have an arena that is ready, Key arena can't host a team of NHL standard let alone of lesser level. Ice isn't ready, nothing is for that matter. They also won't have a new arena at least in the foreseeable future as the Kings of Sacramento won't move to Seattle. No basketball, no hockey, as they need both for the arena to be profitable. I think their sudden interest in Seattle is also because they want to start a fire, an interest so that Seattle moves closer towards being ready in the future so that they become at least a legit option for expansion/relocation. For now, they also don't have the time to develop the interest, as there isn't a proper fan base (plenty of people holding an interest, but still not a fan base). No doubt that it will eventually get there, and it will be interesting to see the potential rivalry with Vancouver.

Today was an important day, the board of governors met. 2nd of July is make or break for the Coyotes. Glendale's counselors have to agree and vote in favor of RSE's plan (bunch of clowns, no credibility, no experience in managing an arena, look to buy the franchise with mostly loans rather than straight cash i.e. broke), and they have to agree in favor of sacrificing public services and giving hard life to their tax payers. To be honest, I don't see it happening, but there are some Coyotes fans on the council that advocate the idea of keeping the franchise so we never know. In fact, we just never know in general with this saga. We know that the NHL won't do a lame duck, so it's either relocation or the franchise staying.

I wasn't hopeful in May, my hopes had crashed, but I think Quebec really is now the only legit option on the short term (Yes, I know I sound biased but I don't think I am in saying this). Québec is playing the game NHL wants, keeps low profile, is silent. They don't want a Winnipeg 2.0 (visibility, leaks, or anything because they want it to work in AZ). Big consensus in the North American medias on Seattle, not even considerations of my city as potential option (even in the media over here) which is really ridiculous. Lots of rumors in QC city tho, the city is on fire and there are a good number of supposedly insiders that think it is coming (means little). New arena will be ready in 2015 (the construction strike won't change much), little market compared to Seattle but owner owns a powerful media outlet that is important in the province and beyond which will promote the team, hockeycrazy and dedicated fans, old arena ready and now of NHL standards. I think QC would be a success just like Winnipeg. Bettman recently said that he will prioritize past markets for relocation to repair 'error of the past', but everybody knows he highly dislikes the QC idea and don't want another Canadian team as he prefers to develop the American market, expand the interest in the game and gain new fans. He was upset to such a degree when Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, he took it like a defeat and he'll be doing his everything to not lose his Coyotes. Let's hope he'll be forced given circumstances. Still, even if I think QC remains the only solid option I wouldn't even bet on it because as I said you just never know with this saga.

AND regarding expansion, I think it will be Markham and QC/Seattle but that will take a lot of time to happen since the NHL wants all their teams to be stable before enforcing it.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a cheap shot. I regret.
now in short, what are you saying?

:p

nah, top post. :D

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I fucking love Winnipeg, and Jets fans.

Go Nords go!

PS: here is one of the prospective Coyotes buyer, member of RSE (Ice Edge holdings is part of that company). Was posted last week on twitter.

Daryl Jones &#8207;@HedgeyeDJ 16m
Did the Quebec Nordiques ever make it to the Stanley Cup finals ?

Carl Dumont-R. &#8207;@xordok 31m
@HedgeyeDJ You should bother more at buying the #Coyotes and keeping 'em alive instead of bothering about us Quebecers and our #Nordiques

Witchpolice Radio &#8207;@WitchpoliceFM 33m
@HedgeyeDJ Did Ice Edge ever buy an NHL team?

Síné Ruairí &#8207;@SineRuairi 35m
@AvsCoyotes12 @HedgeyeDJ hmm DJ chirping trolls this morning I see :)

Yves Thibodeau &#8207;@YvesThibodeau 38m
@HedgeyeDJ Did you ever buy an NHL team? #Nordiques
Notice the replies :lol: He's feeling the heat, not his first tweet against Canada and QC.

we might draft a goalie.
Unfortunately, I think you should. Price has talent, but he also has confidence issues and looks lazy. MTL is maybe not the place for him, too much media emphasis on goalies and a lot of pressure in general. Habs have been patient with him, but I think both parties have to move on (Price needs to move on in more than one way). When you're scared to even get out of your house, I think there's a problem. BUT that's just my opinion, maybe he'll be up for it and up his game this season, hopefully it'll be the case.

MTL media obsession with goalies, hah. When Pittsburgh lost against the Bruins 6-1 I think, they were only talking about their goalkeeper, disregarding the fact there was a team in front of him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I fucking love Winnipeg, and Jets fans.

Go Nords go!

PS: here is one of the prospective Coyotes buyer, member of RSE (Ice Edge holdings is part of that company). Was posted last week on twitter.

Notice the replies :lol: He's feeling the heat, not his first tweet against Canada and QC.

Unfortunately, I think you should. Price has talent, but he also has confidence issues and looks lazy. MTL is maybe not the place for him, too much media emphasis on goalies and a lot of pressure in general. Habs have been patient with him, but I think both parties have to move on (Price needs to move on in more than one way). When you're scared to even get out of your house, I think there's a problem. BUT that's just my opinion, maybe he'll be up for it and up his game this season, hopefully it'll be the case.

MTL media obsession with goalies, hah. When Pittsburgh lost against the Bruins 6-1 I think, they were only talking about their goalkeeper, disregarding the fact there was a team in front of him.
I still believe in Price. We'll just draft one because we don't have a good young one in the minors.

us? You're still a Habs my friend. :D

Source? Haven't seen it anywhere.

All I heard was Eklund (lol I know) said a good source told him Montreal is trying something big.
I think Martin McGuire said it, not sure.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
can't wait for the draft. If Holland trades our best pick since early 90s I will rage hard. This draft is deep, he better get us a future superstarro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)