The NHL Thread (31 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh, you won. So that's why you're asking about it. :D
No, it was actually a really good game. Very reminiscent of last year's playoffs :)

I thought it was over when the Penguins had two goals in the first ten minutes but damn, shit got crazy quick.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I hope this hat trick gets Ovie started, he looked immense out there today.

So much potential in this team with Ribeiro on the roster, the guy is amazing.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7,653
    I hope this hat trick gets Ovie started, he looked immense out there today.

So much potential in this team with Ribeiro on the roster, the guy is amazing.
    They have the same problems they had before. A trade off between Semin and Ribeiro isn't going to get them anywhere.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ok so we traded Erik Cole for Michael Ryder and a 3rd.

:shocked2:

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

now looking at the stats, contracts and the situation of Cole(wanted to retire at end of season and other stuff)...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    ok so we traded Erik Cole for Michael Ryder and a 3rd.

:shocked2:

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

now looking at the stats, contracts and the situation of Cole(wanted to retire at end of season and other stuff)...
    I have certainly bitched about Ryder more times than anyone on this board... but MTL won this deal. Ryder makes a million less and has a year less on his contract, so good savings there. Factor in all the Cole shenanigans, and Ryder following up his best statistical season last year with another pretty solid year so far - oh, and there's a 3rd round draft pick for the Habs, too - MTL won this trade in my opinion, hands down. For all the crap I flung at Michael Ryder, he was a key contributor on Boston's cup run... he was just crucial. You guys ever have nightmares about that glove save of his? :p

And for what it's worth, Ryder looked great last night, was skating very well (was tuning in to catch a little Benn - kid is just awesome).

Oh, and Nzoric, Mike Ribeiro has hands and vision, but he's an embarrassment to the game. :D

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I have certainly bitched about Ryder more times than anyone on this board... but MTL won this deal. Ryder makes a million less and has a year less on his contract, so good savings there. Factor in all the Cole shenanigans, and Ryder following up his best statistical season last year with another pretty solid year so far - oh, and there's a 3rd round draft pick for the Habs, too - MTL won this trade in my opinion, hands down. For all the crap I flung at Michael Ryder, he was a key contributor on Boston's cup run... he was just crucial. You guys ever have nightmares about that glove save of his? :p

And for what it's worth, Ryder looked great last night, was skating very well (was tuning in to catch a little Benn - kid is just awesome).

Oh, and Nzoric, Mike Ribeiro has hands and vision, but he's an embarrassment to the game. :D
    I feel better now. :shifty:

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Last year stats

Ryder
    2011–12 Dallas Stars NHL 82 35 27 62 46 — — — — —

Cole
    2011–12 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 35 26 61 48 — — — — —

This year

Ryder: 14 pts. in 19 games
    Cole: 6 points in 19 games(known to have slow starts though)

Ryder can be useful on shootouts and the powerplay + we have better cap space for Perry. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)