The NHL Thread (10 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Mark, any truth to the rumours that Montreal is looking to trade out of the 3rd spot?

And Congrats to the LA Kings.

I called it a month ago. Yes. Yes I did. You can check the thread if you like.
I heard you're sending that pick to Boston, in a sign and trade for Pouliot, plus the rights to Thomas.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It looks as if the only way that teams are going to improve this year is through trades. this free agent class is really, really bad.

Outside of Parise and Suter, and possibly Semin, if he doesn't go to russia, it speaks volumes when one of the top free agents is a 22 year old defenseman from the university of wisconsin

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
:D

so, what's your pick at #3?

Galchenyuk, Forsberg...?

If Murray is available? Pick him and trade Subban? :numnum:

Trade up? Down?

I like Forsberg but we need a C. :boh:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:D

so, what's your pick at #3?

Galchenyuk, Forsberg...?

If Murray is available? Pick him and trade Subban? :numnum:

Trade up? Down?

I like Forsberg but we need a C. :boh:

I would never trade Subban, unless it were for a high 1st round pick and prospects.

At #3, I would rather them trade down to 8-10, pick up another 1st round pick, and an NHL ready prospect.

They need to blow this up and start over again.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nash, Ryan and J. Staal could be available. A less talented player than those guys is also available...E. Kane.
Shero said Staal won't be traded. Which means Staal will only be traded for a deal that favors the Pens, which probably means a first round pick and some NHL ready wingers. Carolina?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Nash, Ryan and J. Staal could be available. A less talented player than those guys is also available...E. Kane.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's telling you that Evander Kane is available? Seriously? I just can't see that.

I think he's going to explode next year - not that 30 goals and almost 60 points is bad for a 20 y/o. This kid has a very high ceiling.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shero said Staal won't be traded. Which means Staal will only be traded for a deal that favors the Pens, which probably means a first round pick and some NHL ready wingers. Carolina?

That is what they are saying. They've been saying Carolina for obvious reasons.

However, Carolina's best forward prosect is Victor Rask, and he is nowhere near NHL ready

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's telling you that Evander Kane is available? Seriously? I just can't see that.

I think he's going to explode next year - not that 30 goals and almost 60 points is bad for a 20 y/o. This kid has a very high ceiling.
TSN...Dregar or Mckenzie, don't remember.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That is what they are saying. They've been saying Carolina for obvious reasons.

However, Carolina's best forward prosect is Victor Rask, and he is nowhere near NHL ready
Rask is better than Staal?

---------- Post added 20.06.2012 at 18:11 ----------

Plus his name is Evander.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Rask is better than Staal?

---------- Post added 20.06.2012 at 18:11 ----------

Huh, no, what???

You were talking about the penguins getting NHL ready wingers. That is why when you and I mentioned Carolina, I mentioned that their best prospect is Victor Rask, but that he is not even close to being NHL ready.

What is going on in this thread? Did everyone go looking for Molly, and I somehow wasn't invited to join the search party?

---------- Post added 20.06.2012 at 16:24 ----------

so. can anyone fill me in on the caps? i have no idea how this hockey mercatto is happening.
That's because it hasn't happened yet.

You want entertainment? Oh, you'll get entertainment, and Mark and Rollie can vouch for me on this.

Come check this thread out on Saturday during the first round of the NHL draft, and on July 1st when free agency starts, and you'll see me go into tirades that would make Satan himself cower in fear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)