The NHL Thread (8 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,226
    And that's all she wrote. Disappointing ending, but congrats to Boston fans.

They should have pulled Luongo after the second goal.

The Sedin twins were pathetic as well.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    I think the better goaltender won.

But that's easy when your opponents are playing without one.
    you could put it that way but the close losses in Can and the crushing defeats in Boston, and now in Vanc, tell me mentally the Nucks were a bit out of heir league ... a team is as strong as their weakest link, after all.
    But yeah, amazing Timmy is head and shoulders above the rest ...

the Bruins closed the circle :) ... now, go Pats for another one :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,233
    No doubt the Canucks are mentally weak, but that may be in part because they don't have confidence in their goalie. I'm pretty sure if they had someone competent in there they would have won the cup. But they didn't, so that is quite humorous to me.

That idiotic hit on Horton by Rome was also a deciding factor. They really turned it on after that.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    No doubt the Canucks are mentally weak, but that may be in part because they don't have confidence in their goalie. I'm pretty sure if they had someone competent in there they would have won the cup. But they didn't, so that is quite humorous to me.

That idiotic hit on Horton by Rome was also a deciding factor. They really turned it on after that.
    Luongo is part of the team, Andy ... you can't just pick out the weakest link at will and project what could have been if a better one was in his place - a team is what it is, and it is as strong as its weakest link.
    Personally, when I see such a big difference in how each team achieved their wins, it's a no contest from there on

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,235
    But you seem to be forgetting that the goalie is your most important player. If he can stop shots consistently then you always stand a chance of winning.

Not to take away anything from Boston, though. The game sevens they've won over this run is simply incredible. That takes heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)