The NHL Thread (13 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,221
    Many 1st picks were flops..so i wouldn't give crosby for an uncertitude..but i've got your point now that you were just fooling around..
    Uhh, not many.

Only a few have been over the past two decades. During the past decade, only Stefan and Erik Johnson could be considered flops, and the latter is actually coming around now.

I do not see Taylor Hall flopping whatsoever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    No, I'm done my undergrad now. I'm off to Curitiba in a month or so to teach Inglesh for a half-year/year.
    No fuckin way! That's so cool. Are you volunteering or is it a job? I want it! :D

Easy: they sucked major hockey pucks. :D
    In 1990, they finished with a record of 12–61–7. :lol:

I thought it was more like 20 wins. Jesus.
    :lol2: Holy crap.

Maybe it was a strategy :D

ps: Lindros is a dick for not staying with them.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    No fuckin way! That's so cool. Are you volunteering or is it a job? I want it! :D

:lol2: Holy crap.

Maybe it was a strategy :D

ps: Lindros is a dick for not staying with them.
    It's a job. Come down, man. :D

The Nordiques really sucked early 90's, but then all of those draft picks started to pay off. The year before or two years before they bounced to Colorado they were a big deal. Lindros is indeed a dick, but they got Forsberg and a million other things for him so I'd say Quebec/Colorado won that deal. As for Lindros, he never won a cup. What a drag...

The kid made the OHL look like a backyard hockey game. Two points a game this past season. He's a left-winger.

And Bobby Orr likes him.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/05/bobby-orr-says-prospect-taylor-hall-would-be-great-fit-with-bruins.html
    He's the obvious decision seeing as he's a sniper and the Bruins don't have "All-Star" Kessel anymore.

horibble deal by the leafs for kessel.
    Did you expect anything less? Two first rounders and a second next year. They could've had Seguin (a real crafty mofo, solid passer, good at defense) or Hall (destined to be at least equivalent in skill to Kessel, probably better) plus a pretty good prospect next year in the draft.

In Kessel's defence, he did put on a goal show when compared to the rest of the team, but without a good passer on his line he'll never compete with the big stars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)