The NHL Thread (19 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We should just trade Crosby to the Oilers. At least Malkin is out there trying to create something instead of just expecting the Habs to let him beat them.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Whooooooooooo-aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Didn't catch the game, but I'm glad the Habs pulled through. Game 7 should be a real hoot.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,206
    We should just trade Crosby to the Oilers. At least Malkin is out there trying to create something instead of just expecting the Habs to let him beat them.
    Trade Crosby for the first pick in the draft, pick Taylor Hall, and open up some cap space. Then sign Kubina as a replacement for Gonchar and Frolov in Guerin's spot with the extra cap space, and you have it made.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,207
    Actually, you could do even more than that.

Hall wouldn't be able to sign for more than $850,000 as a rookie, so that would open up 7.8M in cap space. Frolov would come for 3.2M, Kubina could come for 4M, and you could still re-sign Gonchar to a lesser deal and Fedotenko for .5M more with the Crosby space. And since you have Staal and Talbot as well, you're still solid through the middle.

So you'd have:

Hall - Malkin - Frolov

Kunitz - Staal - Dupuis

Fedotenko - Talbot - Cooke

Rupp - Kennedy - Adams

Goli - Kubina

Gonchar - Letang

Orprick - Eaton

Or you could forget Kubina and Frolov and just sign Kovalchuk. See, there you go.

That's a sick defense.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Forhizzle Maxizzle.
    Tahir, you speak Portuguese too? I gotta learn it in the next couple of weeks. It's plain bizarre.

Imagine Crosby in Edmonton? :howler: My God...they've got Jordan Eberle coming up next year, so if they select either Hall or Seguin they'll be on the up for sure.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    They are going to be annoying as shit with Penner, Horcoff and Moreau all back. Can't stand those cunts.
    Boh, it's a Western problem we don't have to see in the East. :)

I miss the old divisions when Toronto was in the West with Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis...Dallas was in there too, probably the Jets.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    what are you guys talking about? Maybe crosby ain't performing so decisive in the playoffs but still that team starts with him, then gonch....you simply can't sell him. He was hunted down by gill in this series, a guy who was a penguin last year..and knows every move that sid has. Hope you guys will calculate capital's cap too and trade ove to dallas ...or datsyuk to minessota..

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Actually, you could do even more than that.

Hall wouldn't be able to sign for more than $850,000 as a rookie, so that would open up 7.8M in cap space. Frolov would come for 3.2M, Kubina could come for 4M, and you could still re-sign Gonchar to a lesser deal and Fedotenko for .5M more with the Crosby space. And since you have Staal and Talbot as well, you're still solid through the middle.

So you'd have:

Hall - Malkin - Frolov

Kunitz - Staal - Dupuis

Fedotenko - Talbot - Cooke

Rupp - Kennedy - Adams

Goli - Kubina

Gonchar - Letang

Orprick - Eaton

Or you could forget Kubina and Frolov and just sign Kovalchuk. See, there you go.

That's a sick defense.
    I don't think we'll keep Cooke. But the move would let us hold onto Poni at the expense to one or both of the bash brothers (cooke and adams).

I think that would be a much better team than what we currently have.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    what are you guys talking about? Maybe crosby ain't performing so decisive in the playoffs but still that team starts with him, then gonch....you simply can't sell him. He was hunted down by gill in this series, a guy who was a penguin last year..and knows every move that sid has. Hope you guys will calculate capital's cap too and trade ove to dallas ...or datsyuk to minessota..
    It's a trade. We would give them Crosby and in turn we would get the 1st pick overall in the draft which would mean we'd get a newer and less whiney Crosby. Plus either a 2nd or a 3rd round pick (guys like talbot and kennedy). Then we could do mad well in the FA market.

It's just brainstorming and a bit of a joke so don't take it too seriously.:D

Other than his goal last night, his play was despicable, even for a supporter of his in myself. I don't care if he's playing against Jesus, I need to see more effort from my captain and less talking.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Na, the little I know is what I've taught myself from movies, music, books, etc. It's a beautiful language. Are you taking it as a college course?
    No, I'm done my undergrad now. I'm off to Curitiba in a month or so to teach Inglesh for a half-year/year.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,219
    Glad to see the Canucks out. Pavol Demitra choked once again apparently. Just a season of choking for multiple teams for that guy.

Oh, and Luongo, suck my hairy snowman nutsack. :pado:

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    It's a trade. We would give them Crosby and in turn we would get the 1st pick overall in the draft which would mean we'd get a newer and less whiney Crosby. Plus either a 2nd or a 3rd round pick (guys like talbot and kennedy). Then we could do mad well in the FA market.

It's just brainstorming and a bit of a joke so don't take it too seriously.:D

Other than his goal last night, his play was despicable, even for a supporter of his in myself. I don't care if he's playing against Jesus, I need to see more effort from my captain and less talking.
    Many 1st picks were flops..so i wouldn't give crosby for an uncertitude..but i've got your point now that you were just fooling around..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)