The NHL Thread (12 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,864
    Because these refs love to fuck over teams.

That 5 on 3 call which gave the Sharks their 4th and game winning goal was utter bullshit, and that ruined the game for us.

We played like garbage for the first 12 minutes but then came back in epic fashion, so the negates our poor start. The rest was down to that bullshit call.

And when you have bullshit calls deciding games, you lose the integrity of the game and potential fans.

I thought we were the better team for the majority of the game, so fuck them. We will get the win next time.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I would say Ovechkin is a good leader for how he conducts his play on the ice, but I would appoint somebody else as captain if someone could do a better job. Unfortunately, the Caps don't have tons of experienced players or leaders. Maybe Knuble is one but he hasn't been there for long. Perhaps Poti would be a better choice, I don't know.

The Caps did choke, but having only one and a half goalscoring line (I give some credit to their second line) is really the bigger issue. They had little production from the 3rd and 4th lines all year and they certainly didn't get any help against the Habs. And yeah, Semin didn't show up either.

Ovechkin carried the team throughout the season and during this series so I don't understand why folks can blame him. He has no help.
    As for the experience issue. They did have Federov and Kozlov, but decided to let them go in free agency.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,873
    Red Wings NEED to beat the Sharks. I cannot stand them.
    I don't like them either. Plus their fans are gay.

As for the experience issue. They did have Federov and Kozlov, but decided to let them go in free agency.
    Fedorov was never really a great leader. Awesome player though, one of my favorites. My second favorite player of the 90's after the one and only.

crosby, ove and henrik sedin for the hart trophy...1 is out..2 to go
    What do you mean "out"? You're ruling out Ovie just because his team is out of the Playoffs?

Sorry, but the Hart goes to the most valuable player during the regular season, so Ovechkin may still win it.

FYI I just beat the shit out of Chara with Tyler Kennedy in NFL 2010.:lol:
    That is extra funny. I'd love to see that. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)