The NHL Thread (22 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
This league is a fucking joke. How does Matt Cooke get off free? That's fucked-up shit. Savard has a Grade II concussion, for fuck's sake. Clearly Bettman, Campbell, and the remainder of this group of extraordinary men know what's best for the league and its players.

What if Crosby replaced Savard and the culprit was someone like Milan Lucic rather than Cooke? Boston would be expelled from the league, I'm sure. Just like the Gretzky years, folks.

Dear NHL,

Please fold.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
and then they say: Well, if this happens next season he'll get banned.

I guess it's head hunting season till this one's over I guess. :wallbang:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,903
    This league is a fucking joke. How does Matt Cooke get off free? That's fucked-up shit. Savard has a Grade II concussion, for fuck's sake. Clearly Bettman, Campbell, and the remainder of this group of extraordinary men know what's best for the league and its players.

What if Crosby replaced Savard and the culprit was someone like Milan Lucic rather than Cooke? Boston would be expelled from the league, I'm sure. Just like the Gretzky years, folks.

Dear NHL,

Please fold.
    Dude, they're the fucking Pittsburgh Penguins. They could commit mass murders and get away with it. Just shut your mouth, accept and obey the almighty team Crosby.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

Dear NHL,

Please fold.
    and then they say: Well, if this happens next season he'll get banned.

I guess it's head hunting season till this one's over I guess. :wallbang:
    Dude, they're the fucking Pittsburgh Penguins. They could commit mass murders and get away with it. Just shut your mouth, accept and obey the almighty team Crosby.
    Sorry.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,905
    :lol:

Well brother, I guess sometimes it all just falls to shit.

My fantasy hockey team turned out the same... outside of Duncan Keith, basically everybody on my team had a fucking career low season. I don't think anyone expected things to be this bad for the B's, but in the end a team's record is what they'll be judged by...

I still think that my Bruins are on the right track, but they certainly are in need of some retooling this offseason. Love our top 3 centers, and we may have the best goaltending tandem in the league. I really think that Rask is going to be an elite goalie. Despite being 4th in goals against, we definitely still need a couple solid d-men (I really liked the Seidenberg pickup, i think he's pretty underrated - if we can get him resigned for 2.5M or so, that would be awesome).

It's really all about wingers - we need fucking wingers... right wingers (who can actually skate - fuck are we ever SLOW) badly. When your second best winger is 42 years old... well, it's not a good sign. We're dead last in the NHL in scoring, and still have a shot at making the playoffs... that in itself is a miracle. I know it's a pipe dream, but Taylor Hall would look really fucking nice in Black & Gold... c'mon Edmonton!

By the way Andy, huge win today - I've always had a soft spot for the Wings. They were my second favorite team growing up. It was an Yzerman thing, 100%... such a classy guy. For me, it was always Neely, Bourque, and Stevie Y. I'd like to see Detroit sneak in...
    Yeah, the winger problem is noticeable. But you have a solid base of players through the middle and in defense, so that's a start. And from Lucic to Krejci you got some very young players beyond their years, so in another few seasons they will have the experience behind them. Even Bergeron is still young. So I wouldn't lose any hope yet, that's for sure.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Everyone is talking about the hit that was put on savard, but would you like to know what everyone here in Boston is talking about???

How the Bruins acted like a bunch of pussies after the incident.

And yes Rollie, you can check it out at weei.com if you think I'm lying

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    It would've meant a huge punishment for whoever reacted, surely. I would have loved to see Malkin or Crosby take a head shot and see how many people would cry out for a criminal trial.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,912
    They would scream bloody murderer and whomever did it would be banned for at least five games, no doubt about that. And it's not like Savard is some unknown player or goon himself... the guy is good with the puck. So if the league wants to "protect their talent", why didn't they nail Cooke?

Because Cooke didn't nail Crosbeak.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    They would scream bloody murderer and whomever did it would be banned for at least five games, no doubt about that. And it's not like Savard is some unknown player or goon himself... the guy is good with the puck. So if the league wants to "protect their talent", why didn't they nail Cooke?

Because Cooke didn't nail Crosbeak.
    Savard is expendable because he doesn't bring in revenues like Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, etc... At the end of the day, only the cash matters with Schlomo and Colon.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Dear NHL,

Please fold.
    Fuck, I feel your frustration Max. Unfortunately, I really had a feeling that this might happen. By the written definition of the rule... which is a useless definition... either way, this isn't right, especially given the track record this season alone, of the offender. I hadn't even seen the two previous Cooke incidents prior to a couple days ago.

Some people might not feel the same way, but Savard is an elite playmaker... who's now done for the season. Judging by the way my boys blew it against T.O. last night, things could get very ugly before this year is done. PC has his work cut out for him this summer...

:lol:

Yeah, the winger problem is noticeable. But you have a solid base of players through the middle and in defense, so that's a start. And from Lucic to Krejci you got some very young players beyond their years, so in another few seasons they will have the experience behind them. Even Bergeron is still young. So I wouldn't lose any hope yet, that's for sure.
    It's true Andy, it's true. If we can get our pieces healthy again, and get some proper wingers this offseason, another solid d-man or two... well, we could have a huge bounce back year in 10/11.

Just going to rant here, and say that Patrice Bergeron is the fucking man. 24 years old, in his 6th season already, future captain of the B's. The guy almost died on the ice a few years ago, and the way he's bounced back... well, I couldn't be more proud of him. I know that a lot of people didn't think that he should have made team Canada, and if all you're relying on is numbers, that's a fair statement. The fact is that this guy was on the ice for a ton of late game dzone faceoffs, and nearly every penalty kill. He also pulled his groin slightly, early in the tournament, but nobody heard a thing until he had to sit out a couple games after the break. Such a well rounded player... so good.

His offense may not show up in the stats this year, but he's playing with Recchi and Sturm (he also missed 2 weeks with a broken thumb... he's a tough fucker). Unfortunately, that's our best line right now. Anyway, my convoluted point - this guy is class, all the way; I was so happy to watch him play in Red & White (Plus, he banged the glass at me in the Russia warmups, which was pretty cool. So did Seabrooke. All the people sitting around be were asking me if I knew the players... I should have lied).

Everyone is talking about the hit that was put on savard, but would you like to know what everyone here in Boston is talking about???

How the Bruins acted like a bunch of pussies after the incident.

And yes Rollie, you can check it out at weei.com if you think I'm lying
    C'mon Sergio, you know I respect you, buddy... I know you're not lying. Plus, I follow this team very, very closely. Of course I was watching the game - I've only missed two all year (thank you C.I., for the playback features). I was fucking losing my mind, yelling at my computer screen for Lucic to go fuck him up. It's disappointing that nobody reacted early enough to really do something about it. The Pens are back in Boston on the 18th of March though; hopefully we'll see a little payback then. It's late, but better late than never. I get the feeling that Matt Cooke may be treated unkindly in more than a few rinks for the rest of this season....

Poor Savvy... people have been ragging on his production all year, but between a broken foot, a torn MCL, different wingers every other night and now this... well, seasons just don't get much more frustrating than this.

Edit: And speaking to your point Sergio, with the exception of Lucic and Mark Stuart, every player on the ice at the time is a fucking pussy. That's why it was on Milan there... would have liked to see him do something about it. Would have liked to see Wideman or Ryder do ANYTHING at all. Man, those guys have been useless this year.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    Probably shouldn't double post here, but after finally thanking you lads for your sportsmanship in the Olympic thread, I was going through my many, many hockey shots from the games and stumbled over this one (taken by a gentlemen sitting behind me - he sent me a few quality pics afterwards)...

Anyway, I thought you might like this one, Andy...

:p

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Only 2 games for Ovy? Come on! They give Laps 4 games and this one was worse. Oh yeah, forgot the Russian is a superstar and they play Crosby's team in 3 games.

Bush League!

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    what the fuck is with this boy's behaviour?...now that he's one of the best out there he gotta act like that?...watch his gesture on nhl.com...i'm sick, i thought he was better than that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Only 2 games for Ovy? Come on! They give Laps 4 games and this one was worse. Oh yeah, forgot the Russian is a superstar and they play Crosby's team in 3 games.

Bush League!
    They played better without Laps. I wish they would have suspended him for the rest of the season.

I would love to see Ryan White, Ben Maxwell, or Brock Trotter get more playing time.

AND BRING P.K. SUBBAN BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That kid is just ridiculous for Hamilton. 14 G 33 Assists, and + 37. For a 20 year old defenseman playing in his first year in the AHL

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    P.K is thaman! Looked like a mix of Bobby Orr and Serge Savard :analcanon: in those 2 games he got called up. 2pts in those 2 games also.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,920
    The Eastern Conference is such a joke. If we were over there, we'd be 5th in the conference and easily secure the playoff spot. How a bunch of degenerate thugs in the Philadelphia Flyers are 5th in the Eastern Conference on 79 points is just ridiculous and shows how weak it really is. Not to mention the fact that 5 Eastern teams have less than 70 points while the West barely have two. Furthermore, only three teams from the East are in the league top ten and a full EIGHT Eastern Conference teams are in the league's bottom ten. That's pretty poor.

Top division in the league = Pacific. San Jose, Phoenix, and LA have all been great this season and Dallas and Anaheim both have winning records and pretty good clubs.

Weakest division in the league = Southeast, by far. And it ALWAYS is. Not a surprise how the Caps lead the league in points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)