The NHL Thread (21 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,741
    I don't understand -- why the hell did he just skate away? He knew he injured Vokoun. What, was he so pissed off that he didn't care at the time?

Not sure what sort of punishment this moron should receive, but an automatic one game suspension for breaking your stick after the play should be put in. I've never seen such a dumb and hazardous clip from the league in my life. It's obviously more silly than the Bertuzzi incident.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I don't understand -- why the hell did he just skate away? He knew he injured Vokoun. What, was he so pissed off that he didn't care at the time?

Not sure what sort of punishment this moron should receive, but an automatic one game suspension for breaking your stick after the play should be put in. I've never seen such a dumb and hazardous clip from the league in my life. It's obviously more silly than the Bertuzzi incident.
    That was nuts. Team Pwnage.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    So I check the score of the Leafs - Habs game and find out that the Leafs win 3-0. Immediately, I say, "Wow, I got three points in the pool now!" However, I soon find out that Gustafsson was pulled out halfway through the game with an extremely high heart rate. Kind of a bummer...now him and Ward. Hope he's okay.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    So tomorrow is the Montreal Canadiens' 100th Anniversary. Do yourselves a favour and watch "The Hockey Sweater" (http://www.nfb.ca/film/sweater/). If you're Canadian, you'll surely know this story. If you're not, watch it.

Here's to another 100 years of being the better team. :beer:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I may have seen this a long time ago.

Anyway, we suck! Taylor Hall, Montreal is over here.

I'm sure what they'll do tomorrow will be magic. The thing is the club on the ice blows. We're a one team player club. You take out Markov and your just another average team.

But hey, Lecavalier could be tomorrow's surprise. :p

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,751
    We have essentially scored three own goals tonight. Here's what I posted on a Wings Facebook forum.

"Meech screwed that one up. Oh well, another "own goal." Who do we think we are tonight, Kahka Kaladze and the nation of Georgia?"

Of course, I got clueless responses. :pumpkin:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,753
    And now yet ANOTHER player of ours is injured, Johnathan Ericsson hobbles off. What a horrendous season. :sergio:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    So tomorrow is the Montreal Canadiens' 100th Anniversary. Do yourselves a favour and watch "The Hockey Sweater" (http://www.nfb.ca/film/sweater/). If you're Canadian, you'll surely know this story. If you're not, watch it.

Here's to another 100 years of being the better team. :beer:
    Is that the story about the young boy who is a canadiens fan, but receives a maple leafs jersey for christmas, or soemthing like that? His favorite player is Maurice Richard, if I remember correctly.

I have a history of the Canadiens video that I downloaded, that intertwines the city of Montreal with the Habs, and they mentioned that story

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Man this is gonna be a great show before the game. Won't be as special is you're not a Habs fan but I suggest you guys watch it. Forget the game, the festivities are the thing to watch tonight. Starts in 45min.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ET LE BUT! MAGIC! Cammy hat trick, centennial festivities...We're not playing at the Bell Centre, this is the freakin' Montreal Forum tonight! The ghosts are back baby! :touched:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,759
    Shut out for the third time this year at home, this time to the Blues.

Of course, it doesn't help to have so many injuries, making our second powerplay unit consist of Abdelkader, Eaves, Bertuzzi, Meech and Stuart. :sergio:

Absolutely horrible season thus far. Losing the snipers of Hossa and Samuelsson really hurt us in games like these in front of goal.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I've lost interest in the hockey pool. I'd imagine that I'm doing horrible and that Andy or Sergio is running away with the prize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)