The New Juve!! (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Forget playmakers guys, Deschamps and Prandelli don't play with them.
Jeezus, I forgot about that. But Deschamps plays Giuly as sort of a playmaker behind Morientes, so he could be one.

If Deschamps comes to Juve, then there is a huge possibility that some of his players will follow. It just depends on who will come. I wonder if Rothen, Evra, Morientes, and Squillaci are all on their way to Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

If Deschamps comes to Juve, then there is a huge possibility that some of his players will follow. It just depends on who will come. I wonder if Rothen, Evra, Morientes, and Squillaci are all on their way to Juve.

imo rothen will 90% come.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
you're serious? :dazed:
about Nedved leaving if Rothen comes? YES
They can't play together. IMO

Buffon
RB-Thuram-LCB-Zambrotta
Camoranesi-Tacchinardi-Emerson-Rothen
Gilardino-Del Piero.

Pavel could play RM but that's not his natural position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

about Nedved leaving if Rothen comes? YES
They can't play together. IMO

Buffon
RB-Thuram-LCB-Zambrotta
Camoranesi-Tacchinardi-Emerson-Rothen
Gilardino-Del Piero.

Pavel could play RM but that's not his natural position.
Pavel could play right midfield, or just be given a free role behind the front two.

Sorry, but I am not liking this straight 4-4-2 you have Mark. I don't know if you saw my post about it, but I think it is not a good choice for Juve. What I would rather see is:

Tacchinardi Emerson Rothen

--------Maresca-------------------

IMO we need someone to roam behind the front two. And, I think Maresca is better than Camo anyway.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You'll have to live with a straight 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with DD.

The one to roam behind the CF will be DP in a 4-4-1-1

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You'll have to live with a straight 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with DD.

The one to roam behind the CF will be DP in a 4-4-1-1
See, this is what I am worried about. I think these 4-4-1-1 lack creativity, and this might come to haunt us in the future.

Well, Prandelli also plays a 4-2-3-1, which is better than a straight 4-4-2.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

See, this is what I am worried about. I think these 4-4-1-1 lack creativity, and this might come to haunt us in the future.

Well, Prandelli also plays a 4-2-3-1, which is better than a straight 4-4-2.
With Prandelli's 4-2-3-1

Buffon
RB-Thuram-LCB-Zambrotta
Tacchinardi-Emerson
Nedved-Del Piero-Rothen
Gilardino.

better

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Currently Rothen is a better player than Nedved imo, and we'd make a big profit from Neddy if we replaced him with the Frenchman. I'm all for it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

With Prandelli's 4-2-3-1

Buffon
RB-Thuram-LCB-Zambrotta
Tacchinardi-Emerson
Nedved-Del Piero-Rothen
Gilardino.

better
Yes, a hell of a lot better.

But if Nedved leaves, which he might have to for a monetary purpose, then I think Maresca should be tried out in his place on the right.

I remember watching Juve play Arsenal in the second round of the Champions League back three years ago, when the game did not mean anything for Juve since they could not go through to the next round. I remember watching Maresca for the first time that day, and he totaly impressed me. Enzo was playing a right-sided attacking midfield role, and he was causing havoc for the Arsenal back line. He was dribbling around everybody; he almost even scored after dribbling past three players. And the score would have been more if there were better players than Guzman and Zalayeta up front. But I think Maresca could provide us with attacking flair on the right, like he did in that game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I hope that our new coach has enough balls to play Maresca and Emerson (granted that we get him) together in midfield because this is what I want to see:

Buffon
Trabelsi - Mexes - Ferrari - Evra
Zambrotta - Emerson - Maresca - Rothen
Gilardino - Del Piero

With a midfield such as that and fullbacks like Trabelsi and Evra, we would be an extremely attacking side and fun to watch, especially with Deschamps at the helm.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I hope that our new coach has enough balls to play Maresca and Emerson (granted that we get him) together in midfield because this is what I want to see:

Buffon
Gilardino - Del Piero

With a midfield such as that and fullbacks like Trabelsi and Evra, we would be an extremely attacking side and fun to watch, especially with Deschamps at the helm.
What a team!

That would be a fantastic side. I would give more of a free role to Maresca, as he would then be our playmaker. I really love that left side of the team, with Evra and Rothen overlapping. I think the left side of Monaco is the best in the world IMO, and with their experiance playing together, our team would be frightening to face.

I am not too sure about Trabelsi coming to Juve. If not him, then Bonera or Zaccardo will take the RB slot.

This summer will be interesting, thats for sure!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Buffon
Gilardino - Del Piero

great idea stu. :thumb:

this team would be amazing. and with this team we could win any trophy.

p.s. maybe i'd put bonera instead of trabelsi.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Keeping Thuram at RB or getting a more defensive-minded player than Trabelsi would probably be a better move granted that Evra will do more attacking than defending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)