The new Juve: 2004-2005 Stagione (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
YET TO BE DETERMINED
Appiah
Chimenti
Conte
Di Vaio
Legrottaglie
Miccoli
Pessotto
Trezeguet
Wow, we'd really consider selling Appiah, Di Vaio, Legro and Miccoli as soon as we get them? :eek: At least the brass know something's wrong with the current situation, cos that sounds pretty drastic.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #44
    Yeah, don't sell Appiah just yet, same for Miccoli. But I think get rid of Legrottaglie, cuz he is just not the class of a defender that we need. We NEED MEXES! I Moggi does not get Mexes, I...............I.............I......I would almost kill myself because Mexes is just sitting there, waiting for La Vecchia Signora to give him a home.

Forza Juve, Roma and Arsenal suck

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    We could loan Appiah. Leave Miccoli but send Legro out of here!
    Free up the #23 for Kapo!

Forza Juve

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Why would we loan Appiah? He's not an inexperienced youngster who has a lot of improving to do. The only way we're gonna make him fit into the team is by giving him matches. If he's not gonna be good enough after a few seasons with us, sell him. Simple as that

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i dont think we can afford to sell Appiah. our midfield is weak as it is and the other players we are looking at are not as good as Appiah when he is in form. i think for Appiah to be good, he has to be a starter for lippi and lippi has to show faith in him. he did this at the start of the season but played around with davids and appiah too much. basically fuked them both up in my opinion.

as for Legrottaglie, we should give him one more season. i'd rather see montero, iuliano and tudor leave before him.

Miccoli is a very good player. i put all the blame on Lippi for miccoli not doing that well. when he was in form, he was benching him for del piero who wasnt in form at all.

i think appiah, maresca and miccoli need to be starters next season.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    I very much agree, except for the Legro situation. Appiah and Miccoli have much talent. Legro, on the other hand, has just about none. Even though I love our captain DelP, I think Miccoli should probably started over him a few games. I loved the way Maresca played when I saw him against Man U. and Barca here in the U.S. He played just like a Pirlo, great passing and reliable tackling. He probably has the greatest accurate passing range on the team. Maresca just has to play more, and he would secure the position. I think Lippi is afraid of change, though, and Taccha will be starting again, with his limited passing ability. But with Maresca, you add another dimension into the centrocampo.

With Maresca and Appiah in midfield, I don't see Moggi bringing in any other midfielders except for either Kapo, Fiore of Jankulovski. Maresca deserves to start, Lippi! If I were Moggi, I would buy Tiago for the future and Kapo for now.

Forza Juve

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Here is my team!

--------------------Buffon---------------------
    Trabelsi---Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
    -------Tacchinardi-----Maresca-------------
    ----Camoranesi--------------Nedved------
    ---------Ibrahimovic--Del Piero-----------

Subs:

------------------------Chimenti---------------------
    Ferrara----Legrottaglie---Montero---Birindelli
    ----------------Conte-----------Appiah-------------
    -------Pizzaro----------------------Jankulovski----
    ---------------Di Vaio-------Miccoli------------------

Extra subs:

Iuliano
    Chiumiento
    Benjani (the one from the primavera. What is his name?)

I went for a cheap version.
    I doubt that someone will buy Thuram, and since we can get Trabelsi for free, I think we should place Lilian in the centre and give him Mexes (since he would come cheap) as partner. They both will form a good partnership, I am sure of that. Legrottaglie and Ferrara will make good subs and if Zambrotta gets injured, we have Jankulovski, who can fill the gap.

In midfield I would buy the Udinese double Pizzaro and Jankulovski! They both want to come, and would give us everything we need. Pizzaro would make a good sub for Nedved, or would be an ideal player for a midfield with two playmakers. Jankulovski can play anywhere, and his fighting spirit is what we need. A great player, and I hope we seal the deal before Euro 2004, as after the EURO, whole europe will hunt for him.

With the Trezeguet money, we should get the Udinese duo and Tudor will go to Ajax in exchange for Ibrahimovic, although we will have to pay a bit.

What do you think?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    You mean Ben Onwauchi, or something like that. The lineups you posted there are very realistic, except for Pizzaro. I don't think that both Jank and Pizzaro will join. What about Tiago? I wonder if Lippi moves on that Maresca will get more playing time?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    You think that Pizzaro is unrealistic???

Then read this!

Pizarro demands Juve move Sunday 21 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Pizarro has finally come out into the open and confirmed he wants to join Juventus next season.

“I owe a great deal to Udinese,” said the 24-year-old, “as they allowed me to mature as a professional. But I think this is the time for me to test myself at the top level and Juventus would be fantastic.”

The Chilean midfielder has been heavily linked with Lazio and Inter over the last year, but now insists his destination will be Turin.

“I know of Juve’s interest in me,” he continued, “and Udinese owner Pozzo knows how I feel about this. I hope he listens to my wishes.”

Pizarro’s rapport with the Friuli side has been particularly tense over the last few months when he refused to sign a new contract.

The player was frozen out of the squad for a month and allowed back in after he put pen to paper on an extended deal, but has not given up on his dream of a big club in the 2004-05 campaign.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like he wants to play, and I would take him!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    Well well well. Maybe Pizzaro will join Juve. I just wonder if he is that good? Inter took Stankovic over Pizzaro in January, but again Moratti is a big idiot.:D

By the way, channel4.com says that Juve capture Jankuloviski. The deal would be 5.5 million Euros and half ownership of Gasbarroni and Sculli!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    N, I mean the Tiago from Benfica, not Tiago Motta of Barca. Tiago Mendes from Benfica is one of the most highly rated midfielders in the game today. He could finally be our replacement for Deschamps.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    N, I mean the Tiago from Benfica, not Tiago Motta of Barca. Tiago Mendes from Benfica is one of the most highly rated midfielders in the game today. He could finally be our replacement for Deschamps.
    or Paulo Sousa

:D

Sep 28, 2002
    tiago is not needed as we have appiah. appiah played really well last season and i believe he should be back to those levels next year.

tiago would definitely struggle at first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)