the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (6 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't believe there are some retards who actually endorse this kid going on loan to gain additional experience? He doesn't need to gain experience; we have already seen what this kid can do, and what he is capable of. He needs to play more!

What is even more shocking is that some people here are willing to sacrifice him for a soon to be 28 year old Prima Donna. Cassano is a very good player, but Giovinco can potentially be even better, and he is only 22-23. We need to keep the faith in him!

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
My point still stands. Why sacifice your shining beacon of light, who will potentially be better then the player you are going to acquire, for someone 4-5 years older?
I feel the same way. No real logic there. Especially since it's Cassano, I really don't want us to gamble on him. Way too hit or miss. He could be great but at the same time he could disrupt everything beyond belief.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
And it's really strange how people respond to my reply :D

For me am not convinced with Gio tell now. Yes he did some cool assists but he failed to be a left side midfielder due to his lack of defending abilities and failed also to be a supporting striker or play maker behind the strikers due to his physical body so where is the success that you are saying ya.....plz he is still want to find his best position to play for and even if he find it, he is still need some time to mature it....he will be ready for us at 25 or 26 probably ....waiting for your responses.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Wrong and Wrong!!! Why does a left sided attacking player need to possess defensive abilities? You are really buying into the BS Ranieri spews from his mouth. Does Marchionni help out the defense? He is so anemic, and doesn't even perform his function, which is presumably aiding the attack. Why does our LM need to support the defense then? Having 6 players (4 defenders, and 2 DMs) and the goalkeeper assisting the defense is sufficient cover I believe.

As regards his stature and size, well Messi and Silva are two diminutive and frail individuals, yet they wreak havoc on the opposition, so that renders your point about his size meaningless. He has trickery and pace, and his low center of gravity enables him to escape his markers, and cause problems for opponents. You don't have to be of a physical nature to succeed in either the role of AM, or LM.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We need to let this kid play consistently, so that he grows in confidence and continues to show us what he can do, whether it be as an AM, or LM. He is so versatile, he can play both roles and excel at them.

We need to stop labeling him as Nedved or Del Piero's heir, and allow the kid to be himself, Giovinco!!! We can't afford to let him go on loan, cuz he needs to grow and build confidence here.

Why waste money on Cassano, when you have someone who could potentially be a better player and loves the club?

nasser

Dec 12, 2005
And it's really strange how people respond to my reply :D

For me am not convinced with Gio tell now. Yes he did some cool assists but he failed to be a left side midfielder due to his lack of defending abilities and failed also to be a supporting striker or play maker behind the strikers due to his physical body so where is the success that you are saying ya.....plz he is still want to find his best position to play for and even if he find it, he is still need some time to mature it....he will be ready for us at 25 or 26 probably ....waiting for your responses.
that's ridiculous, the best player in the world right now is younger than him, he just need to fucking PLAY

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Wrong and Wrong!!! Why does a left sided attacking player need to possess defensive abilities? You are really buying into the BS Ranieri spews from his mouth. Does Marchionni help out the defense? He is so anemic, and doesn't even perform his function, which is presumably aiding the attack. Why does our LM need to support the defense then? Having 6 players (4 defenders, and 2 DMs) and the goalkeeper assisting the defense is sufficient cover I believe.

As regards his stature and size, well Messi and Silva are two diminutive and frail individuals, yet they wreak havoc on the opposition, so that renders your point about his size meaningless. He has trickery and pace, and his low center of gravity enables him to escape his markers, and cause problems for opponents. You don't have to be of a physical nature to succeed in either the role of AM, or LM.
No, i don't care what Ranieri says, but he did try Gio in the position of Nedved and that place requires participating in attack and defense and we did see Gio failed in that position many times in the defensive part ....Marchionni ..yes..he help the defense like Camo do like Nedved helping Molinaro ...LMF is a mix of attacking and defending altogether in 4 4 2 formation and this is what a side midfielder should do.

About the size both Messi and Silva both they don't play in Italy, Did you see how many knocks receives Gio when he plays and when ever he plays the way to stop him is to knock him and all defenders easily put him in the ground and deosn't have any body resistance to handle them...Gio need time to be a hero in Juventus and for me, i don't want to wait another 3 years so Mr. Gio be ready to left a trophy !!, Go away and mature and come to us when you are ready....i love Juve not Gio !!

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
We need to let this kid play consistently, so that he grows in confidence and continues to show us what he can do, whether it be as an AM, or LM. He is so versatile, he can play both roles and excel at them.

We need to stop labeling him as Nedved or Del Piero's heir, and allow the kid to be himself, Giovinco!!! We can't afford to let him go on loan, cuz he needs to grow and build confidence here.

Why waste money on Cassano, when you have someone who could potentially be a better player and loves the club?
Consistency for a player need to mature will harm your results, look to Arsenal..We ( juventus ) need either finished ( matured and ready to be a protagonist ) players or a very super young players like Alex when he is playing at Juve at the vey young age and distanced baggio from Juventus..so Gio go to mature and play consistent out of Juve

Ranieri tried Gio to be hair of Nedved and Alex but he failed for the reasons i mentioned before ....

Sure Gio will be better but not now and Cassano will improve our team more than Gio...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I totally disagree with you on both points. Gio needs to play to find his best position. He hasn't been given extensive playing time to be fairly and accurately assessed. However, when given the chance he has always impressed.

You need to play your best players, and Ranieri should find a formation and role that suits Gio. That's the coach's job. His job is not to bench his best player cuz he can't find a role for him. That is simply unacceptable.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
PLZ PLZ ...Gio is no Messi No Ronaldo and he ( Gio ) is lower quality than both of them...

SO¿

just to let you know...you dont get a messi or a ronaldinho 8inhis prime) everyday!!.

U are comparing Giovinco, to a player who can easily be the player of the decade if he keeps that pace in some years.

Gio is no messi, lets not fool ourselves,.,... but still he is so good for juventus and has showed flashes of what he is capable in justa few minutes. Ranieri is the only one who call him a failure because he cannot defend.....and he is not supposed there to defend anyways. Messi doesnt even knows that word.

If we had a reliable defense and midfielders....you would easily see his true potential. He just needs more time a better back up and thats it.

Man u are nuts..... You have seen him how he practically dances around the field with the ball when on his days?

U must be definitely crazy dude.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Consistency for a player need to mature will harm your results, look to Arsenal..We ( juventus ) need either finished ( matured and ready to be a protagonist ) players or a very super young players like Alex when he is playing at Juve at the vey young age and distanced baggio from Juventus..so Gio go to mature and play consistent out of Juve

Ranieri tried Gio to be hair of Nedved and Alex but he failed for the reasons i mentioned before ....

Sure Gio will be better but not now and Cassano will improve our team more than Gio...
How on earth did he failed in Alex position? His few performances there was better than average Alex performance this year. With him on the field even our defender's looked like better passes, cause he tried to be open all the time (our usual starters just don't offer that) and i don't agree the bullshit, that he can't defend. Give me a concrete game or two where opponents RB owned Giovinco in defence and made us to lose the game. For example against Chievo Giovinco single-handedly won us the game. And there are many examples like that, where Gio this season was the main hero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)