The new coach! (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ufficiale, Deschamps nuovo allenatore della Juve
10 07 2006
Come anticipato nei giorni scorsi, Didier Deschamps è il nuovo allenatore della Juve. Il tecnico francese, ex Monaco, ha firmato un contratto biennale.

Deschamps: "Felice di tornare alla Juve"
11 07 2006
Didier Deschamps è felice di tornare alla Juve da tecnico: "Provo una grande felicità per essere tornato alla Juve come allenatore. Sono legato alla storia della Juve come giocatore. La mia squadra dovrà dare sempre tutto fino alla fine e crederci sempre fino in fondo".

Geof

May 14, 2004
Deschamps glad to be back Tuesday 11 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps has spoken of his pride after he was officially confirmed as the new Juventus boss.

The Frenchman signed a two-year contract with the outfit on Monday to seal a return to the club where he shined as a player.

“I feel enormously happy right now. I’m really proud to have come back here, to Turin, to boss a team like Juventus,” said the 37-year-old.

“I am part of Juventus’ history as a player, and the fans remember me as I was on the field," he added.

“Perhaps I wasn’t the most spectacular player, but I always gave the best that I could, right until the end.

“The team needs to have this same mentality, to always believe in themselves. To do this, we have to ensure that we have everyone’s support.”

Juve opted for the most famous 'water carrier’ the game has ever seen after Fabio Capello jumped ship to join Real Madrid last week.

Deschamps, who has led previous club Monaco to a Champions League Final as a Coach, spent five years in Turin as a player.

During that time he won three Scudetti, a Champions League, an Intercontinental title and a European Super Cup.

The 1998 French World Cup winning captain will be joined by a familiar face in Turin next term in the shape of Olivier Kapo.

The wide midfielder was signed by Juve from Auxerre two years ago, but spent last term on loan in the Principality even if Deschamps was quickly replaced by Francesco Guidlolin before Christmas.

Deschamps pens Juve deal Monday 10 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps is the new Juventus boss after he signed a two-year contract with the Italian giants on Monday.

The Frenchman was in pole position to replace Fabio Capello, after his departure to Real Madrid, and his appointment was completed today.

The 37-year-old returns to the club after serving the outfit with success in the 1990s as a quality midfielder.

During his playing days in Turin between 1994 and 1999, he won three Scudetti, a Champions League, an Intercontinental title and a European Super Cup.

Deschamps, who also has an option to renew his agreement for a third season, returns to management after he was sacked and replaced by Francesco Guidolin at Monaco last term.

It’s understood that Deschamps, who could possibly face life in Serie B next term, beat Roberto Donadoni and Alberto Zaccheroni to the job.

Karim Abdoun

Jul 11, 2006
I really admire your administration for getting Dechamps in these sort of times! Dechamps is a great coach, for you guys hope his relatively short experience in coaching is not gonna hamper him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)