The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (59 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
that's not true,Roma can't simply release him for free because they paid a lot of money to sign him,we are paying 3 mil,if we don't like him,we can release him whenever we or he wants.I am sure Moggi is smart enough to realize those,he will give him the contract with tough rules.

What is not true in what I said?

ANd this will be my last post concering this issue, I decided once not to make any remarks about the subject, I guess I was driven.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
What is not true in what I said?

ANd this will be my last post concering this issue, I decided once not to make any remarks about the subject, I guess I was driven.
why last post anyway? it's just a discussion,nobody will convince anyone in the end. and I don't see any wrong with that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
why last post anyway? it's just a discussion,nobody will convince anyone in the end. and I don't see any wrong with that.
Because people like Juve_Kosova start throwing insults and consider that I am attacking them in every post and that I post stupid posts. I'd better not go that low, he has considered this his thread any opinion against his is considered stupid and/or an attack on him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tedi Issajanian said:
@ Jeeks

No it is not only that .. Cassano wants to be with Capello and more.
Oh that's quite brilliant. So once Capello leaves this club in another year we will have to go through the same crap that Roma is going through right now. Wonderful.

Juventus doesn't need another unclassy player...and I haven't seen even one remotely competent argument backing the purchase of Cassano. Not to mention completely leaving Mutu to the wind...unbelievable.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Oh that's quite brilliant. So once Capello leaves this club in another year we will have to go through the same crap that Roma is going through right now. Wonderful.

Juventus doesn't need another unclassy player...and I haven't seen even one remotely competent argument backing the purchase of Cassano. Not to mention completely leaving Mutu to the wind...unbelievable.
The only argument they are using is that he's cheap, and actually he IS cheap (not in transfer value I mean)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
most of the ppl here has pointed that out, we dont need another forwards, lets shoot our money elsewhere, gallas and rosicky to replace thuram n nedved!

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
There is also the possibility that Moggi is chasing Cassano as a profitable operation, buying him for 3 million and selling him for 12, or also swapping him for(lets go wild) Frankie Lampard from Chelsea...
But i dont think that "the four musketteers" will keep in the same team two players like Cassano and Zlatan. First because Capello will not dare to play this two togheter, they are two similar, genial support strikers that retain the ball too much and usually tend to be super to develop but not great at finishing.
Second because Moggi will not be comfortable playing another big salary
( because Cassano transfer could be cheap but he pretends to get high wages, asking Roma 5.5).
Then, we will sell Cassano or Zlatan, get good money for him, and bring in some much more needed players in other positions. If i where the one to choose, i will keep Zlatan, that has already fit in with the team, and sell Cassano to a Madrid that has lost Raul (18 millions will do) or convince Mourinho to exchange Fantantonio for Lampard or Robben.

Anyway, the point is : Cassano and Zlatan are too similar to fit at the same time in the team.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Eaglesnake_1 said:
There is also the possibility that Moggi is chasing Cassano as a profitable operation, buying him for 3 million and selling him for 12, or also swapping him for(lets go wild) Frankie Lampard from Chelsea...
But i dont think that "the four musketteers" will keep in the same team two players like Cassano and Zlatan. First because Capello will not dare to play this two togheter, they are two similar, genial support strikers that retain the ball too much and usually tend to be super to develop but not great at finishing.
Second because Moggi will not be comfortable playing another big salary
( because Cassano transfer could be cheap but he pretends to get high wages, asking Roma 5.5).
Then, we will sell Cassano or Zlatan, get good money for him, and bring in some much more needed players in other positions. If i where the one to choose, i will keep Zlatan, that has already fit in with the team, and sell Cassano to a Madrid that has lost Raul (18 millions will do) or convince Mourinho to exchange Fantantonio for Lampard or Robben.

Anyway, the point is : Cassano and Zlatan are too similar to fit at the same time in the team.
well said i think the only real arguement is that we get him before inter,we dont really need him TBH

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
we don't need him, if we get him we will unbalance the team and our dressing room will be a mess, imagine two hot headed young player together competing for the starting eleven.

i don't say he is not a worldclass, all i say is he is a trouble we don't need.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sergio said:
All right, so let me get this straight.

Cassano will be available to Juventus in the summertime for the sum of 3 million pounds.

That's three million pounds for a spectacular talent who is the ripe old age of 24.

Now, tell me something, people. Where, oh where, would Juventus be able to get a player of Cassano's skill, at that age, for that price??

I know where. Its at a shopping mall called NOWHERE.

Too many forwards?? Not a problem. Sell one of them off for a handsome sum (Trezeguet, for example) and reinforce whatever is needed, such as central defense and left midfield with the money that they receive.

See how this works??? Its all quite simple if you take the time ot think about it.

So, in essence, Cassano would theoretically be replacing a lesser skilled player on the roster (Trezeguet, and this is no knock on Trez, but if you think he's more skilled than Cassano, then please share what you are smoking with the rest of the class), and they are able to use the money to shore up other holes on the roster.

AND, it would cost less money for Juventus to do this.

This is a master stroke by Moggi, especially if selling Trez, or Mutu will be able to fill the rest of the roster.

So, in effect, get rid of Europe's most lethal centre forward for a 24 year old prospect who hasnt really made his mark, quite the way he should have since a supergoal against Bari? And at 24, if his goal tally averages stand at 5 a season, I'd have to wonder how much this move would be ratified at the expense of Trezeguet? Because quite frankly, I dont see the need to shoot ourselves in the foot, by going into the market for a new centre forward, just because Cassano and Capello can be together again.
As regards Mutu, give me one good reason, why in the world you'd trade him? He earns five times less than the salary cap Cassano would propose, is probably the most versatile bianconero along with Zambrotta, switching roles from the right to the left wing, playing upfront as a support striker, or a playmaker, isnt much older than Cassano and oh yes, lest I forget, scores almost everytime he's given a fair chance.
The fact remains, besides Capello's needs, the only reason Moggi would make this risky move is because he wants a long term solution to Del Piero. Yes, Cassano has a long term future, but as time passes, his arrival involves too many complications, not least of which, relates to the balance of the team which by the way, already includes perhaps the best forward line up in our recent history.
So all said and done, Cassano arriving on a free or a nominal sum, is too good a deal to miss out on, but as long as that doesnt come at the expense of any of the aforementioned players. The way I see it, this issue needs to be put to rest for good one way or another, because its affecting every possible transfer target on the current team, not to mention, Cassano's attitude, which is already an issue thats well documented.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I agree with Sergio,Cassano for 3mil is a must deal.I would sell any of Del piero or Trezeguet or Zlatan to get him.that will give us a financial plus.that we need it so bad

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
but snoop who is going to bag our goals if we sold trez or Dp i hope it's not Zala!

our frontline is complete the way it is. what we are missing is a nedved replacment, and ppl don't tell me cassano. he is good butwe don't need him

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
yeah I know,selling one of DP or Zlatan would be wiser.but I must say,Trezeguet is getting older,and we know he is injury prone,but I can't deny he is one of the best finisher.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
baggio said:
So, in effect, get rid of Europe's most lethal centre forward for a 24 year old prospect who hasnt really made his mark, quite the way he should have since a supergoal against Bari? And at 24, if his goal tally averages stand at 5 a season, I'd have to wonder how much this move would be ratified at the expense of Trezeguet? Because quite frankly, I dont see the need to shoot ourselves in the foot, by going into the market for a new centre forward, just because Cassano and Capello can be together again.
As regards Mutu, give me one good reason, why in the world you'd trade him? He earns five times less than the salary cap Cassano would propose, is probably the most versatile bianconero along with Zambrotta, switching roles from the right to the left wing, playing upfront as a support striker, or a playmaker, isnt much older than Cassano and oh yes, lest I forget, scores almost everytime he's given a fair chance.
The fact remains, besides Capello's needs, the only reason Moggi would make this risky move is because he wants a long term solution to Del Piero. Yes, Cassano has a long term future, but as time passes, his arrival involves too many complications, not least of which, relates to the balance of the team which by the way, already includes perhaps the best forward line up in our recent history.
So all said and done, Cassano arriving on a free or a nominal sum, is too good a deal to miss out on, but as long as that doesnt come at the expense of any of the aforementioned players. The way I see it, this issue needs to be put to rest for good one way or another, because its affecting every possible transfer target on the current team, not to mention, Cassano's attitude, which is already an issue thats well documented.

spot on, dude. + 1 rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)