The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (317 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
You must factor in Zambrotta's attacking presence on the left because in a 4-3-3 system Gianluca will have the left flank all to himself while playing left-back. Zebina will hold back a bit more with Camoranesi on the right pushing forward, and that setup is more balanced cuz we have wingers who can attack on both flanks.

Or if we got Miguel we'd be fantastic on the right flank as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Yea, but I think he might be too attacking.

Andy, go back and look at my response to your last post in this thread, you might have missed it since it was at the end of the page.

True, but we could afford it with Vieira and Emerson protecting the D.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Miccoli key to Cassano swoop Sunday 14 August, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve continue their pursuit of Antonio Cassano – despite Luciano Moggi’s denials – and it’s reported the turning point could be represented by Fabrizio Miccoli.

This week the rumours linking the Bianconeri to a swoop for the Roma starlet were confirmed when patron Lapo Elkann – heir to the Agnelli empire – told journalists, “Juve want to win everything and in order to do that they need Cassano. We’ll sign him next summer on a free transfer.”

Director General Moggi has continually denied any interest in the player and when confronted by Elkann’s comments he remained non-plussed. “I wasn’t there at the time and don’t believe everything I read, so therefore I won’t make a big deal out of it.”

The 23-year-old is dragging out contract renegotiations and his deal expires in 2006, prompting Roma chief Rosella Sensi to threaten him with a season on the bench if he refuses to pen a new deal. “We will only consider him to be one of our players if he signs an extension,” she said in a Press Conference.

It’s believed the situation could come to a head before then with Roma cutting their losses and selling him to the Turin giants now rather than lose him on a free at the end of the season. It would be a particularly damaging blow as the club paid £20m for him in 2001.

Up until now, the Giallorossi’s dealings have been limited by the FIFA transfer embargo as a result of the Philippe Mexes case, but the removal of that suspension on appeal means Cassano can be sold for cash plus players.

The ideal solution is represented by Fabrizio Miccoli, who returned to Turin after his co-ownership deal with Fiorentina terminated and has made it clear he is not happy to sit on the bench.

Miccoli’s pace and creativity would fit in well with Francesco Totti, Vincenzo Montella and Shabani Nonda, filling the hole left by Cassano’s departure.

Italian newspapers suggest that Moggi will wait until the transfer window is about to close before making the offer, forcing Roma’s hand with time to negotiate a contract extension fast running out. Cassano is said to be lined up with a four-year contract worth £3.8m per season net.

source: channel4.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
Sensi isn't stupid enough to swap Miccoli with Cassano, he will never accept a player we had offered in an exchange for CriSHITiano Zannetti...
yep.keeping cassano wud be the best option for sensi.afterall,roma fans have been holding the "we love cassano" banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 316)