The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (68 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Yes, and we are overstaffed in fact.
An addition of one top striker could very well benefit us.

At any rate, its goodbye to mighty mouse and more more, unless we are planning a 3 man attack next season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have to agree with Martin in this discussion. We have an overload of players and this is not healthy for the team. Looking back at our season last year one cannot but realize the problems we have scoring, but was the problem really from the forward line? I don't think so. I am sure if any of our forwards, and I mean ANY, was receiving balls properly we wouldn't have had this problem. A few players must be sold and ONE midfielder must be bought and that is all. Enough of this drama and Gilardino went to Milan now they will win all their games and all their tournaments and sack Capello, sack Moggi crap.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

merely a figment of your imagination, he is not leaving ;)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a DP fan.. :D I just think it would be better if he moved on to a team where he can feel that he is contributing, and not being criticised everyweek..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Do you really believe our attack set up is worthy of a team that reaches the level of real CL contenders?
Hell yeah.We don't need anyone else in the attacking department, Few teams in the world can boast a forward lineup of Zlatan, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zalayeta and Miccoli.

How you could be unhappy with that is beyond me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Hell yeah.We don't need anyone else in the attacking department, Few teams in the world can boast a forward lineup of Zlatan, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zalayeta and Miccoli.

They want Cassano, Gilardino, Toni, Tevez, Baptista, Ronaldo, Owen and Van Nistelrooy instead.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
Don't get me wrong, I'm a DP fan.. :D I just think it would be better if he moved on to a team where he can feel that he is contributing, and not being criticised everyweek..
there is no such team, he will always be criticized. Probably even in Japan :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Do you really believe our attack set up is worthy of a team that reaches the level of real CL contenders?
Yes, I'm quite certain of that actually. We don't need to score five goals a game to win the CL you know. Look at the last two CL winners. Baros, Cisse, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Derlei, McCarthy, and co don't come close to Trez, Zlatan, DP, Mutu and Zala. Also, we would have been a lot better going forward last season if we had someone like Pizarro partnering Emerson. Playing with two defensive midfielders limited us, the forwards weren't to blame.

As Martin said, the purchase of Cassano would only make things chaotic as Del Piero is not leaving, Ibrahimovic is not leaving and Trezeguet probably isn't leaving. Even if Trez was leaving Casso isn't going to replace him.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Something that will not give you any trophies.
hehe.. I was just kidding.. I'm actually pretty satisfied with our attack, and I do agree that Cassano would be surplus, but a very nice surplus indeed.. :p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

hehe.. I was just kidding.. I'm actually pretty satisfied with our attack, and I do agree that Cassano would be surplus, but a very nice surplus indeed.. :p
In addition to Miccoli, you have to get rid of another forward to get Cassano. Getting Cassano means he has to be a starter and things have to revolve around him. Our team found some sort of momentum by the end of last season, it is a crime to try to disturb it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Word :thumb:

What we need is a centre mid who can pass well and add a bit of creativity to the team, a RB and perhaps a young CB (or we can promote Masiello to the first team permanently). Anything else would be a bonus, and in Cassano's case a very nice but unnecessary bonus.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

In addition to Miccoli, you have to get rid of another forward to get Cassano. Getting Cassano means he has to be a starter and things have to revolve around him. Our team found some sort of momentum by the end of last season, it is a crime to try to disturb it.
I see your point.. And I do suppose that Mutu+cassano+dp in a team would be too much..

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Yes, I'm quite certain of that actually. We don't need to score five goals a game to win the CL you know. Look at the last two CL winners. Baros, Cisse, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Derlei, McCarthy, and co don't come close to Trez, Zlatan, DP, Mutu and Zala. Also, we would have been a lot better going forward last season if we had someone like Pizarro partnering Emerson. Playing with two defensive midfielders limited us, the forwards weren't to blame.

As Martin said, the purchase of Cassano would only make things chaotic as Del Piero is not leaving, Ibrahimovic is not leaving and Trezeguet probably isn't leaving. Even if Trez was leaving Casso isn't going to replace him.
thats why we dont need cassano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)