The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (312 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Gilardino's specialties:
1. Holding up the ball --wait for supporting players
2. Spreading the ball -- he makes good passes that makes counter attacking all the more effective.
3. Striker's instinct -- he is deadly in the penalty area, always knows where the goal is and seems to be there when the ball is loose
4. Finisher -- he only needs half a chance to score goals

Trezeguet's speacialties:
1. Great First touch passes/shots -- probably the best at vollies
2. Finisher -- like Gila, only needs half a chance to score
3. Acrobatic -- sorry about the poor choice of words, I mean his legs are so flexible, a ballet sort of thing
4. Srike's instinct -- he is also deadly in the penalty box

Now, to me, Trez would suit Milan/Barca better because he is a true finisher, at Juventus we lack the attacking movements for him to finish. That is why he hasn't always been effective, I know he hasn''t been at his best because of injuries but that to me is a part of his package.

While Gila, can hold up the attacks and create them. By that I mean that he can create opportunities for others simply because he can hold the ball and has the vision to spread the ball to players who will create a dangerous attack.

I see Gila as the best suited striker for Juventus, I really feel he can link up well with Zlatan, although we wouldn't have as pacey of a striking line up as say with Cassano,but I feel we would have a more effective attack.
This is a question of philosphy. What do you want a striker to be? Pure finishing or actually playing?

Trez is one of the best finishers is the world, but has to be backed by a player who creates the chances, and an out of form DP or Zlatan dont provide him the right oppotunities.

Gilardino would suit our team perfectly right now, in the place of trezeguet no doubt about that. But if we get a good support striker or a creative midfielder, Trez will do great. If he's not injured.

About the Acrobacy of Trez I totally agree. I still haven't figured out how he scored that Real goal, it's like his leg was elastic or smthg, X-Men style... and that's what I mean with a support striker. Zlatan did great in that action, instead of heading it to the goal (no hope of getting it in) he headed back at Trez and boom another Trezegol.

There is 1 thing I disagree with in your post: the passing abilities of Trez.

and @ Juve_Kosova: how can you say Trez sucks?

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

This is a question of philosphy. What do you want a striker to be? Pure finishing or actually playing?

Trez is one of the best finishers is the world, but has to be backed by a player who creates the chances, and an out of form DP or Zlatan dont provide him the right oppotunities.

Gilardino would suit our team perfectly right now, in the place of trezeguet no doubt about that. But if we get a good support striker or a creative midfielder, Trez will do great. If he's not injured.

About the Acrobacy of Trez I totally agree. I still haven't figured out how he scored that Real goal, it's like his leg was elastic or smthg, X-Men style... and that's what I mean with a support striker. Zlatan did great in that action, instead of heading it to the goal (no hope of getting it in) he headed back at Trez and boom another Trezegol.

your right dude..can't inderstand why people say that Trez sucks..the man is majic:cool:

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Massimo ] ++

if you think Trez sucks than you are watching the wrong sport and supporting the wrong team;)
Nope... I Love Trez, but he simply CANT do ANYTHING with a ball.. i agree that he is a great finisher, but he cant finish from the stands, i mean, the man is injuerd all the time... sooo yeah.. IMO he should leave as soon as posible...!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Trezeguet is the perfect centre forward in my opinion. Hes very agile and has great finishing skills. He's excellent on volleys, and really does the job hes supposed to. Its uur lack of creativity that actually doesnt support his style of play, which is why hes made to look like a liability on the pitch. Our midfield should be taking the blame for not giving Trez even half the support he needs to score goals. There is no link between attack and the rest of the team as far as im concerned. Even the little that is there goes out of the window if Neddy or Camo are injured. Midfield definitely needs to be spruced up and i dont see then, how Trez wont be bringing anything to the table thereon in.

Jul 28, 2002
gr8 post m8, u brought up a serious point.

If trez had tyhe support he would score....but dont we need a self suficient forward like sheva or adriano?

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
trezegoal doest suck, but i watch enough of him, i want gilagoal now haha, does this make a good excuse?
why get Trez out? whats the kick in that? jeezzzzzzzzzz:yuck:
keep trez and get another one..:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

This is what I mean, and seeing that Juve have not been playing all that creative and I don't expect them to be all so different next season under Capello, I'd put Gilardino as the better fit. That doesn't mean Trez is less.

As for the passing abilities of Trez, I dont mean his passes rather his vollies whether it is a pass or a shot on target.

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,914
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Nope... I Love Trez, but he simply CANT do ANYTHING with a ball.. i agree that he is a great finisher, but he cant finish from the stands, i mean, the man is injuerd all the time... sooo yeah.. IMO he should leave as soon as posible...!
    The last player (before Trez) who can not start any thing with the ball was Oliver Bierhoff.. he was terrible too.. but I think Trez is even worse..
    He is a good finisher(not great).. look at other great strikers, Van nistelroy Makaay, Shevchenko, Drogba, Henry, we need some thing like this..
    Well Zlatan is on the best way to be like them. an Gilardino would build a great duo with him.
    Zlatan-Dp-Mutu-gilardino, and...Zalayeta

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    no matter who we get, no matter what we do, David Trezeguet HAS TO LEAVE Juventus !!!!!!!!! He SUCKSSSSSSS!
    tell me again does Trez suck or did he just gave us the scudetto???
    answer on that domass:devil:

Sep 1, 2002

I don't know what a domass is- and the language could be more temperate- but you have a point.

There ar many- for reasons beond me- that have a negative view of our best goalscorer. Maybe they should see try to consider his value now.

This person, Juve_Kosova, must not like his look or something, but whatever it is, he is wrong, my friend , and you are right.

Keep up the good work.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++

I don't know what a domass is- and the language could be more temperate- but you have a point.

There ar many- for reasons beond me- that have a negative view of our best goalscorer. Maybe they should see try to consider his value now.

This person, Juve_Kosova, must not like his look or something, but whatever it is, he is wrong, my friend , and you are right.

Keep up the good work.
    i was right all along;)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004

well domass, ill answer u then!
    i still think trez sucks... no matter how many goals he score, that is my opinion... + he is injiurd all the time !
    he is a nice finisher as i said, but he just isent good in our team, imo he would be great in barca, as he would have ronaldinho, etoo, guily and deco to give him the ball and he would score ALOT there!!..

i still think we should get Gilardino.. if we cant get him, then go for Cassano..!

Forza Gilardino / Cassano :p

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++

Keep up the good work.
    :LOL: nah, its not that..!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 310)