The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (297 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
ud rather keep mutu. although cassano is better, but its not worth swapping. hes hear already. it would just be a hassle
Mutu is the better player for Juve. Even if Cassano tecnicaly is the better one... Wich i doubt...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, but Juve has disagreed to those terms. Balzaretti or Chiellini will be key to this deal in my opinion. Coupled of course with the cash a Del Piero sale brings in.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Yea, but Juve has disagreed to those terms. Balzaretti or Chiellini will be key to this deal in my opinion. Coupled of course with the cash a Del Piero sale brings in.
In your opinion.
What are the odds in favor of a sale according DP?

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Incontro Moggi-Prade': Cassano vicino alla Juve

Matrimonio doveva essere e matrimonio sara'. Antonio Cassano e' a un passo dalla Juventus. Il lungo e discreto corteggiamento della Signora al talento della Roma sarebbe infatti giunto al culmine. Proprio oggi all'Hotel Hilton, nella sala "executive floor", sede del Consiglio Federale della Figc, Luciano Moggi si sarebbe accordato con Daniele Prade'. In cambio di Cassano, nella capitale arriverebbero l'annunciato Chiellini e Adrian Mutu, oltre a un conguaglio economico.

L'annuncio potrebbe essere dato gia' venerdi', nell'immediata vigilia della prima di campionato.

Proprio Cassano, che sembrava un titolare inamovibile per Luciano Spalletti, e' stato fischiato e lasciato in panchina nella presentazione della Roma all'Olimpico contro gli arabi dell'Al Ain giocando solo nel secondo tempo (la partita si e' conclusa 2-0 per i giallorossi grazie ai gol di Montella e Taddei).

Dec 26, 2004
I've read this article somwhere ...

Totti said: "Within a year I will consider my options. It all depends on Roma. If within a year I still can't see the team progressing forward, then I will seriously consider the idea of leaving.

"I have only stayed up until now because of the Roma tifosi.

"If I had gone to Milan or Real Madrid , by now I would have won five or six Scudettos at least."

So Totti thinks he can win the Scudetto with Real Madrid :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Incontro Moggi-Prade': Cassano vicino alla Juve

Matrimonio doveva essere e matrimonio sara'. Antonio Cassano e' a un passo dalla Juventus. Il lungo e discreto corteggiamento della Signora al talento della Roma sarebbe infatti giunto al culmine. Proprio oggi all'Hotel Hilton, nella sala "executive floor", sede del Consiglio Federale della Figc, Luciano Moggi si sarebbe accordato con Daniele Prade'. In cambio di Cassano, nella capitale arriverebbero l'annunciato Chiellini e Adrian Mutu, oltre a un conguaglio economico.

L'annuncio potrebbe essere dato gia' venerdi', nell'immediata vigilia della prima di campionato.

Proprio Cassano, che sembrava un titolare inamovibile per Luciano Spalletti, e' stato fischiato e lasciato in panchina nella presentazione della Roma all'Olimpico contro gli arabi dell'Al Ain giocando solo nel secondo tempo (la partita si e' conclusa 2-0 per i giallorossi grazie ai gol di Montella e Taddei).

****. That means we'll sell Miccoli, raise the cash, give Chiellini and Mutu in exchange for Cassano and retain Del Piero. What in hell is the management thinking? Del Piero doesnt have more than another season in him. Mutu is the future man, somebody wake them up.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

****. That means we'll sell Miccoli, raise the cash, give Chiellini and Mutu in exchange for Cassano and retain Del Piero. What in hell is the management thinking? Del Piero doesnt have more than another season in him. Mutu is the future man, somebody wake them up.
I dont think so, I think were bluffing all the way, the same way we did when we said Roma could have Davids. And then we retained him. This way Roma wont get Cassano sold, not for a good price anyway, and in 6 months he can discuss terms about a free transfer..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No, i seriously think we're getting him come August 31st. Although like you rightly said, Moggi isnt someone who'd trade two superhot prospects for one. With cash on top of it all. I think it could well be cash + Chiellini and Miccoli though. Just hoping Mutu's versatility helps him retain Capello's confidence.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
No, i seriously think we're getting him come August 31st. Although like you rightly said, Moggi isnt someone who'd trade two superhot prospects for one. With cash on top of it all. I think it could well be cash + Chiellini and Miccoli though. Just hoping Mutu's versatility helps him retain Capello's confidence.
The thing with Mutu is that he´s "free cash".
We didn´t pay one dime for him and now Juve has built up a reputation during "la primavera". And Juve always do good business. Bying cheap, selling expensive...

For the record i want to ceep Mutu..., but when did Juve start caring about my opinion? :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Damn it, I knew this would happen. Mutu being shipped off that is. Capello is so set on creating 'his' perfect little team, with 'his' players- he doesn't see what kind of superplayers he has in front of him!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Roma Fans Jeer Cassano During Olimpico Debut
8/25/2005 10:37:00 AM
Antonio Cassano’s relationship with AS Roma is probably living its last days.
Last night, during the team’s Olimpico debut against Al Ain, Cassano started on the bench, but once he made his way onto the pitch during the seocnd half, the 30,000 of the Roman Arena jeered him, calling him a clown.

It now appears inevitbale that the Bari-born Peter Pan will leave the Giallorossi before August 31st, probably to go to Roma’s archrivals Juventus.

The friendly match ended 2-0 in Roma’s favour, with Taddei and Montella the Roman heroes.

Both hit the target during the course of the first half.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i really cant see were we can keep cassano:
ibrahimovic, trezeguet, del piero, mutu, miccoli, zalayeta... we are already jam packed with attackers... if we get rid of miccoli and zalayeta then we still have 4 starting attackers and having cassano as well will create many problems, trezeguet, del piero and muitu will all want to play

avinash

Aug 25, 2005
Zlatan, Trezeget, Mutu are 3 top strikers.
As back-up the ageing Alex and Zalayeta should prove sufficient.

No team canhave more than 3 top strikers without making players discontent. Look at Michael Owen at Real for instance.

Using Miccoli to get a good full-time back up for Buffon may be a better idea...now that the defence and mid-field have also been bolstered

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
i really cant see were we can keep cassano:
ibrahimovic, trezeguet, del piero, mutu, miccoli, zalayeta... we are already jam packed with attackers... if we get rid of miccoli and zalayeta then we still have 4 starting attackers and having cassano as well will create many problems, trezeguet, del piero and muitu will all want to play
Miccoli will go for sure. Zalayeta won play anything so he will only be there as backup or he´ll go in a near future.
I agree with Axel that both Mutu and DP is overkill.
But this problem wont be a problem if we play with a trequartista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 295)