The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (287 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

It's interesting that you brought this up because I was having a look at some of Capello's past teams and he has indeed used trident attacks in the past. IMO both Del Piero and Cassano are better in slightly withdrawn roles and Capello has said that he wants Zlatan closer to the box so we could play Cassano and Del Piero supporting Ibrahimovic or what you suggested but where does that leave Nedved? It's fairly obvious that if Capello plays three upfront he'll field two defensive midfielders so unless he goes with a back three only one more midfield place will be available and that'd have to go to Camoranesi.

This would be one hell of a team:

Buffon
Bonera? Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Essien
Del Piero/Ibrahimovic Cassano
Ibrahimovic/Trezeguet

Zambrotta, Del Piero and Cassano could all provide width on the left hand side if needed.
Zlatan doesn't have to be closest to the box, as he does like to drift outside to the flank to take on defenders. We need one targetman in the box at all times during an attack, and Trezeguet will most likely be that man. I mean he's still our most lethal finisher, and with the trident attack he will be getting more service than usual.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Zlatan doesn't have to be closest to the box, as he does like to drift outside to the flank to take on defenders. We need one targetman in the box at all times during an attack, and Trezeguet will most likely be that man. I mean he's still our most lethal finisher, and with the trident attack he will be getting more service than usual.

exacly.. i would be SO happy if Capello would chooes to play the trident the hole next season..

as u say trez as targetman and Zlatan + [Cassano] right behind him :D

----Trezeguet
Cassano-Zlatan

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
a little bit tragic to a player named del piero and their fans obviously wont agree... hahahahaha
and you love it?why you all prefer Trez to DP?or Zlatan to both of them.right now Alex form is much better than Trez.when the season is started,we should see which of them is in the better form.then obviously that one should play in the first 11.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
zlatan guided us throughout last season... alex only found his touch (not his old touch tho) at the end of season and trez injured himself all the time... made no mistake.. i am a fan of DP.. but no player is bigger than a club...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
zlatan guided us throughout last season... alex only found his touch (not his old touch tho) at the end of season and trez injured himself all the time... made no mistake.. i am a fan of DP.. but no player is bigger than a club...
I said it?Alex was an important player for Juve last season.ppl bash Ale because of the number of his injuries but you don't judge Trez because he was injured?Alex was BETTER than Trez(an injured one..yes)and only the most inform players should play.Ale?Trez?Zlatan?Cassano?Zalayeta?I don't care.only the best ones.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
you've been emotional my brother.. i never judge alex because of his injury.. instead, i waited for 7 frigging years to see him like he was (1998). but that doesnt seem to come... but that's ok.. i appreciate for what he's done to juve... he's the icon, yes... but with his high wage and below par performances, it will undermine juve if he's still in the starting line and and still cannot perform.. and worse, some think that he shouldnt be benched... so what is the use of rotational system and backups if it cannot be used...come on, you people shoud built a club name FC Del Piero..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I agree with you but I remember Capello saying that he didn't want Zlatan coming too deep because he's more dangerous when closer to the box sometime last season. Perhaps it was because he was playing alongside DP, I dunno.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

I apologise. :)
No need to :)

++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

for those of you that did see someof Juve's matches at the end of the season, was DP as improved as I've read?
DP finished the season very well with solid performances against Milan, Parma and Cagliari.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Sunday 12 June, 2005
Diego Armando Maradona visited Roma’s training ground yesterday and reveals he had some advice for the fiery Antonio Cassano.

“I have always been very impressed with Cassano,” said ‘El Pibe de Oro’ as he left the Trigoria complex. “From a very young age you could clearly see he was a quality player.”

Maradona flew in to the Peninsula for Ciro Ferrara’s testimonial at the Stadio San Paolo, but stopped off in Rome for a visit to old friend Bruno Conti.

Francesco Totti also met with the legend and confessed, “My legs were shaking when he walked in. It was an incredible feeling.”

But the ex-Napoli hero only had eyes for Cassano and was given a tour of the facilities by the young Italian international with the notoriously fiery temper.

“He has to understand his own path,” revealed Maradona after counselling Cassano. “Above all, he must realise the importance of mutual respect within a team. It’s key to be respected by the group and this is what I spoke to him about.”

Cassano is expected to leave Roma this summer, as he only has one year left on his contract and renegotiations are not going well. The arrival of Monaco’s Shabani Nonda on a free transfer also suggests he will be pushed out.

Juventus and Inter are battling for the ex-Bari boy’s signature and it’s reported the Bianconeri have offered £10m plus the loan of Adrian Mutu. The San Siro giants are said to have countered with a joint £20m bid for both Cassano and teammate Amantino Mancini

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
you've been emotional my brother.. i never judge alex because of his injury.. instead, i waited for 7 frigging years to see him like he was (1998). but that doesnt seem to come... but that's ok.. i appreciate for what he's done to juve... he's the icon, yes... but with his high wage and below par performances, it will undermine juve if he's still in the starting line and and still cannot perform.. and worse, some think that he shouldnt be benched... so what is the use of rotational system and backups if it cannot be used...come on, you people shoud built a club name FC Del Piero..
A number of us DP fans know that Alex will never regain the form that made him one of the world's best in 1998 but that doesn't mean that he's completely useless. He has made telling contributions in Juve's last three Scudetti which all came after his injury and his salary is hardly a problem considering his marketability and how much his sponsorship deals bring in. Just last week we got 3m for going on tour to Japan, thanks mainly to Del Piero. He's more valuable on and off the pitch than many give him credit for.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed, no player is bigger than the club, but to say that DP only played well at the end of the season is unfair. His form was up and down. He had his moments and then there were the times when he was poor, but he was pretty good throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 287)