The NBA Thread (63 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

With his seventh assist during the third quarter of the Lakers' Game 1 win over the Nuggets, Rajon Rondo took over the 10th spot on the NBA's all-time playoff assists list.

He passed Michael Jordan's tally of 1022 assists (in 179 playoff games) with a bounce pass to Anthony Davis in his 111th postseason appearance.

Next on the list for Rondo, at the ninth spot, is Lakers' legend Kobe Bryant with 1040 career playoff assists.

He's sure to pass him in the Conference Finals against the Nuggets and given his assists average in the 2020 playoffs, he could possibly rise to as high as sixth surpassing Hall of Famers like Scottie Pippen, Steve Nash, and Larry Bird.
:green:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's nice but MJ was also scoring 33 ppg in the play-offs.

The comparisons with other point guards are the key thing - he's ahead of Nash in terms of apg, which is very impressive, even though Nash never played on a championship team.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Media has been saying for some years that Lebron is the best passer in the league. But watching the game last night, I feel Rondo is a better pure passer than Lebron. Bounce pass, bullet pass, lobs, thread the needle in general. I feel he can do those Bron passes with less turnovers...

Also, he got a funny advantage. He´s hitting that 3 on a consistent basis in the playoffs, but the defense still disrespect him and sag off. It gives him space to pick people out with ease.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
ANTHONY DAVIS !!!

James went retard mode in the 4th but we escape with the win. Now let's clinch this

- - - Updated - - -

Jokic with another master piece as well

- - - Updated - - -

Plumlee on the last possession tho :lol3:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
ANTHONY DAVIS !!!

James went retard mode in the 4th but we escape with the win. Now let's clinch this

- - - Updated - - -

Jokic with another master piece as well

- - - Updated - - -

Plumlee on the last possession tho :lol3:
Yeah lol. James went full retard in the 4th tonight after dominating 4th quarters the last two series. Was hilarious how bad he was in the 4th tonight. Yet still had more 4th quarter pts than Kawhi in game 7 :lol3:

I mean we wouldn’t have built up the lead we had without James absolutely dominating first half, so I guess there’s that...

But holy shit AD was clutch as fuck tonight. The 3 alone was incredible :delpiero: But he dominated the entire 4th. Such a beast right now.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah lol. James went full retard in the 4th tonight after dominating 4th quarters the last two series. Was hilarious how bad he was in the 4th tonight. Yet still had more 4th quarter pts than Kawhi in game 7 :lol3:

I mean we wouldn’t have built up the lead we had without James absolutely dominating first half, so I guess there’s that...

But holy shit AD was clutch as fuck tonight. The 3 alone was incredible :delpiero: But he dominated the entire 4th. Such a beast right now.
I was talking about last night's game tho, not games before this and not Kawhi either. He was responsible for turning this from a comfortable win to a almost blew it game. His decision making in the 2nd half and especially in the 4th was bad. Dribbled the ball for too long without making plays, threw hot potatoes at teammates in final seconds of possessions, didn't attack mismatches after forcing switches with Davis (either his own or put Davis to work), couple of turnovers and offensive fouls... All in the 4th after he re entered the game for Rondo with 5-6 minutes left. The team looked much better whenever Rondo or Caruso brought up the ball (either with James playing or with him on the bench) and got others involved early, than when James did it. Luckily Nuggets kept missing FTs late, Murray himself was doing retarded stuff and Davis went mamba mode (in the whole 2nd half, but especially late when Jokic was making a comeback) so we escaped with a win.

We were actually 29-11 in the ~5 minutes he rested in the 1st half. I think we would manage with him letting others do the lifting early in the game while he goes up a gear later when the intensity of the game goes up

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
AD will win this for Lakers.. Like Chuck said, no one has the answer to the bigs at Lakers.. Boston or Miami wont really be much of a problem either.. Jokic and Jamal deserves all the respect though, Denver are gonna be a monster after the next season..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
AD will win this for Lakers.. Like Chuck said, no one has the answer to the bigs at Lakers.. Boston or Miami wont really be much of a problem either.. Jokic and Jamal deserves all the respect though, Denver are gonna be a monster after the next season..
I'm a little worried about Miami, was surprised how good they play since I never saw them before the playoffs. But I think we would have no problems against Boston

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Operative word - COULD! They're still down 2-1 and they almost blew a 20 point lead in game 3.

I want the Nuggets to win, but I see LeBum and AD regrouping and taking game 4, especially with the way Rondo has been playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)