zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I like these guys in these positions:

_____/Rondo
Green/KCP
James/_____
______/Kuzma
Davis/Cousins

I think if you fill those gaps, it would be a great team. They could have easily done it if the Kawhi thing never happened.
I agree with the 2nd unit, just needs Iggy. A better shooter than KCP woukd also have been welcomed. Id get another starter wing and have James as the nominal PF however. On offense it doesnt matter much, it will be James running the pnr with AD and the rest spacing. I just like to have more perimeter defenders out there in todays game, especially with Davis protecting the paint and James being a glue guy. Starting PG is definitely missing, we better watch out for those on the buyout market

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Caruso has huge upside. Had the best defensive rating of anyone on the Lakers last year (102) to appear in more than 20 games. Had a 57.3% true shooting. Has decent size at 6'4. And we outscored opponents by 3.8 p/100 with him on the floor. Doesn't need to be ball-dominant, as he is a good catch-and-shoot player. If he can continue to develop he'll take the starting PG spot from Rondo eventually.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I agree with the 2nd unit, just needs Iggy. A better shooter than KCP woukd also have been welcomed. Id get another starter wing and have James as the nominal PF however. On offense it doesnt matter much, it will be James running the pnr with AD and the rest spacing. I just like to have more perimeter defenders out there in todays game, especially with Davis protecting the paint and James being a glue guy. Starting PG is definitely missing, we better watch out for those on the buyout market
Ya actually I agree, if James would play PF for a whole season, that is. Also offensively, Green is probably one of the worst ball handling SG in the league so you'd prefer to have another wing that can drive and kick.

It would have been amazing if they traded Kuzma instead of Ingram.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They couldn't trade Kuzma. The salaries wouldn't have matched. Kuzma makes 1.9 million, Ingram nearly 8 million.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Westbrook is looking to leave OKC!

Not worth the contract. His numbers are the definition of empty calories. He scores 50, team loses by 30. Not for 42 million per year, at the style he plays. He'll hit his decline faster than Chris Paul did.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They couldn't trade Kuzma. The salaries wouldn't have matched. Kuzma makes 1.9 million, Ingram nearly 8 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Not worth the contract. His numbers are the definition of empty calories. He scores 50, team loses by 30. Not for 42 million per year, at the style he plays. He'll hit his decline faster than Chris Paul did.
He can still thrive under a good coach tho. I want to see him with Pop. Complete polar opposites that would make an interesting combo. Pop would have him playing lights out

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He can still thrive under a good coach tho. I want to see him with Pop. Complete polar opposites that would make an interesting combo. Pop would have him playing lights out

The problem is that his playing style does not ensure a prolonged career. The dude can't shoot. He is 100 MPH for 40 minutes.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ya actually I agree, if James would play PF for a whole season, that is. Also offensively, Green is probably one of the worst ball handling SG in the league so you'd prefer to have another wing that can drive and kick.

It would have been amazing if they traded Kuzma instead of Ingram.
James and Davis at PF and C makes so much sense to me, you simply dont need another post presence on defense with them. Lets see if them 2 and the coach see it that way as well.

Ingram was impossible to keep, and yes hed have been a better fit as the roster is right now, but Kuz fits in with James and Davis as well and just the fact we managed to hang onto one of our youngsters is good enough for now. I wonder what wings will become available during the season. I think Galinari could be one candidate if RW gets traded

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
AD is not playing Center. That has been established. What would the point be of signing both McGee and Cousins if that were not the case?

- - - Updated - - -

James is going to be a point forward this year, if anything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
AD is not playing Center. That has been established. What would the point be of signing both McGee and Cousins if that were not the case?

- - - Updated - - -

James is going to be a point forward this year, if anything.
:agree:

We signed two centers. AD has repeatedly said he doesn’t want to play center, and his best position is PF.

Not sure how much more clear it needs to be.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah. AD isn’t slow at all. Both AD and Cousins are passable 3 pt shooters for big men, both can space the floor. Cousins is a very good passer. And 3 pt shooting is apparently what we’ve had Javale working on all summer.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You need the Lebron/AD pick and roll all game :tuttosport: There's no way the Lakers should ever play Davis and McGee at the same time. At least Cousins can theoretically shoot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You need the Lebron/AD pick and roll all game :tuttosport: There's no way the Lakers should ever play Davis and McGee at the same time. At least Cousins can theoretically shoot.

Cousins can definitely shoot. And I’ve said multiple times the reports are that Javale has been working all offseason on adding an outside game to his repertoire. We shall see how that goes, but if he becomes a passable 3 pt shooter (anywhere above 33%) then that will be big for this team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’d temper my expectations on McGee btw, some thirty something year old dude taking threes in the gym is not the same as making them against NBA defenses.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’d temper my expectations on McGee btw, some thirty something year old dude taking threes in the gym is not the same as making them against NBA defenses.
Lol

You mean like Brook Lopez and Al Horford who both went from shooting zero threes to shooting 35ish percent at 29-30 years old.

If he works hard at it, there’s no reason he can’t add a passable 3 point shot to his game.

- - - Updated - - -

McGee shot 8-16 or 50% on 16-24 ft shots last year. He shot 8-15 or 53% on them the year before.

Of course small sample size and it doesn’t mean he’ll succeed, but obviously as a Lakers fan I hope he does develop a 3 pt shot this year.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah. AD isn’t slow at all. Both AD and Cousins are passable 3 pt shooters for big men, both can space the floor. Cousins is a very good passer. And 3 pt shooting is apparently what we’ve had Javale working on all summer.
You have James and AD running the pnr, so how you use Boogie with them? Have him stand at the 3pt line? Around the basket clogging the lane? Its a missuse of a very talented center, hes better off playing (most of his minutes, he will obviously still find himself on the court with the other 2 at times) with the 2nd unit where he will be the guy we run the offense through, have Kuzma as a off ball scoring option and Rondo running the point for him. With KCP and hopefully Iggy, thats just a better fit for his abilities.

AD isnt slow by any means, he can switch on most guards and hold his own, but you still want him protecting the paint, which makes Cousins redundant especially with james also being there. Note that im talking about matchups vs playoff opposition, if Boogie starts vs the bottom teams and wants to play with James and AD, they can do that for all i care

- - - Updated - - -

McGee wont play much anyway imo, if he gets 15mpg he should be happy. He should pace himself for the playoffs, so take it easy early unlike past season

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

You mean like Brook Lopez and Al Horford who both went from shooting zero threes to shooting 35ish percent at 29-30 years old.

If he works hard at it, there’s no reason he can’t add a passable 3 point shot to his game.

- - - Updated - - -

McGee shot 8-16 or 50% on 16-24 ft shots last year. He shot 8-15 or 53% on them the year before.

Of course small sample size and it doesn’t mean he’ll succeed, but obviously as a Lakers fan I hope he does develop a 3 pt shot this year.
Yes but werent those 2 competent midrange shooters all along? Cant say i remember Javale shooting much/at all from outside the paint. I love the guy and wish him well, but id be surprised if he comes back and stretches the floor effectively for us

- - - Updated - - -

The guys im looking at are KCP and Kuz. They need to him them 3s at 35%+, especially KCP to justify being on the team. Defense and shooting, thats his 2 roles, he better be good at them

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 74)