The NBA Thread (88 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Green is the only shooter that you can actually play though. Cook/Dudley/Daniels can't play. Cook didn't even play with all those injuries to GSW. Dudley and Daniels? You cannot be serious.

And Davis always had better numbers with Mirotic beside him, not Cousins. And this was prime Cousins.

Edit: Actually I don't really mind Cook for 10-15 mpg in the regular season but in the playoffs, in order for him to actually play, you realize he has to guard Lillard/McCollum, Murrary/Harris, CP3/Harden, Conley/Mitchell, etc.
Lol. None of these guys are starters. They're role players.

Why the fuck would we be relying on Dudley/Daniels to play big minutes. They'll be 5-10 mpg, and when rotations get shorter in the playoffs, on the low end of that.

Cook played 15 mpg in the regular season for GSW, 11 mpg in the playoffs. And 10-15 mpg is about what will be expected here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't even know why I should basketball this year. After all, there's no point in watching a team with two of the top 6 players in the league, a 23 year old who is on the verge of averaging 20 pts per game, and potentially the best front court in the league if Cousins is even 80% of what he was.

I mean, what's the point?
So many people get so butthurt about anything the Lakers do.

Our front court is far and away best in the league if Cousins gets to 80% of what he was.

His /36m in GSW were actually very good this year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So many people get so butthurt about anything the Lakers do.

Our front court is far and away best in the league if Cousins gets to 80% of what he was.

His /36m in GSW were actually very good this year.
His per 36 was 20 and 10. He averaged 16 and 8 while playing 28 minutes per game, coming back from an Achilles injury

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612740&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*G*500&GroupQuantity=2

Mirotic-Davis = 10.2 Net
Cousins-Davis = 5.3 Net

As I said, Davis better with Mirotic. And this was prime Cousins.
But what the hell does that have to with anything? Mirotic is not here. He's not even on the same continent anymore. There is still nothing wrong with a +6 when those two were on the floor together,

- - - Updated - - -

Las Vegas has the Lakers at 4-1 odds to win the title, so how bad are they really?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But what the hell does that have to with anything? Mirotic is not here. He's not even on the same continent anymore. There is still nothing wrong with a +6 when those two were on the floor together,

- - - Updated - - -

Las Vegas has the Lakers at 4-1 odds to win the title, so how bad are they really?
We should probably sign Ian Clark and E'Twaun Moore, seeing as they had the best net rating on the Pelicans that year. :seven:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He also just showed a best lineup (only 200 minute sample) that just showed Rondo - Davis was in that best combination. But Rondo apparently sucks. Talk about twisting stats to suit your point. :lol3:
All it shows is that Davis’s game is largely assist dependent. So of course he’d do better with players who are good at distributing the ball. He should be fine playing with LeBron and Green.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I take back what I said about Demarcus Cousins. He didn't play 28 minutes per game last year.

He played 26.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4258/demarcus-cousins
All it shows is that Davis’s game is largely assist dependent. So of course he’d do better with players who are good at distributing the ball. He should be fine playing with LeBron and Green.

And Cousins, as he is one of the best passing centers in the league

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What? It clearly shows a big increase in Davis' effectiveness based on his position on the court. He was much better with a stiff like Mirotic, just by virtue of the court spacing and being allowed to play centre.

The Lakers best frontcourt will almost certainly be James-Kuzma-Davis. The Cousins signing is almost completely irrelevant in my eyes. And has more risk than reward in my opinion.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What? It clearly shows a big increase in Davis' effectiveness based on his position on the court. He was much better with a stiff like Mirotic, just by virtue of the court spacing and being allowed to play centre.

The Lakers best frontcourt will almost certainly be James-Kuzma-Davis. The Cousins signing is almost completely irrelevant in my eyes. And has more risk than reward in my opinion.

Except he won't be playing Center for the Lakers. He doesn't want to, and the Lakers don't want him to. He is playing PF.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't even think our roster is fantastic, dominant, great whatever other epithet. Past the top 3 players (Lebron, AD, Green) I think it's a pretty good roster, with some good potential upside, and could get better dependent on who we get for the last two roster spots.

But calling it "very bad" is just dumb imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cousins signing irrelevant. A guy who was a superstar and one of the best passing bigs in the NBA before his injury is irrelevant. Cuz AD gonna play 48 minutes a game, and even if Cousins isn't a starter, he has little to no role, and won't be useful at all. :baus:

If Cousins gets back to near his best and is our 6th man, we have the best 6th man in the league by a country mile. lol

Talk about taking the piss. :rofl:

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Just follow Laker Film Room on Twitter if you're a Lakers fan. He will explain it all a lot better. For instance, how could Rondo have a -5 net playing beside Lebron?

I would start Caruso honestly. Actually I think Caruso is one of the better players on the roster.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I actually want AD at center too, for most of hia minutes. I mean, are we gonna play James-AD-Boogie for large parts of the game? There is not enough defenders out on the perimeter that way. Imo, Boogie and AD dont stay on the floor together all that much, and Boogie sits in the last 5-6 minutes of the game

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't even think our roster is fantastic, dominant, great whatever other epithet. Past the top 3 players (Lebron, AD, Green) I think it's a pretty good roster, with some good potential upside, and could get better dependent on who we get for the last two roster spots.

But calling it "very bad" is just dumb imo.
Fair point but...

So is expecting Troy Daniels and Quinn Cook to be a major part of your season.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I actually want AD at center too, for most of hia minutes. I mean, are we gonna play James-AD-Boogie for large parts of the game? There is not enough defenders out on the perimeter that way. Imo, Boogie and AD dont stay on the floor together all that much, and Boogie sits in the last 5-6 minutes of the game
I like these guys in these positions:

_____/Rondo
Green/KCP
James/_____
______/Kuzma
Davis/Cousins

I think if you fill those gaps, it would be a great team. They could have easily done it if the Kawhi thing never happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)