The NBA Thread (97 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cousins to the Lakers. I repaeat. Demarcus Cousins to the Lakers

- - - Updated - - -

If he is healthy this year, this team just got a LOT better
Healthy Boogie off the bench, i like the sound of that. When we run the offense through him, i can see him develop beautiful chemistry with Kuzma whos a off ball scoring threat, and Boogie being a very good playmaker for a center

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Some of the Clippers players are praising him on twitter for this, hes their main asset in that FO. It still comes down to this, superstars want to be on highly competitive teams 1st, and then 2nd in big(ger) markets to grow their brands further and build for life after basketball. The Lakers however are a tier above everyone else because not only is LA their city, but also because theyre a global brand, more so than any other franchise in the NBA. Being a (successful) superstar there > being a superstar elsewhere, its just the way things are, Ballmer or no Ballmer

Dude, stop talking about Kawhi. Focus on our team and the moves we have made just in the last 15 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Healthy Boogie off the bench, i like the sound of that. When we run the offense through him, i can see him develop beautiful chemistry with Kuzma whos a off ball scoring threat, and Boogie being a very good playmaker for a center

He won't be on the bench if he is healthy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He'll be able to rehab that quad over the summer, and the lakers hired a top notch trainer this year. She worked with Kobe through the years.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...-therapist-medical-staff-news-rumors-analysis
Thats a positive signing, we had to many injuries last couple of years. Boogie has shown signs of his old self in the playoffs occasionally, i just think he will need more time to re adjust to the pace of the game. Hopefully hes healthy throughout the RS so hes match fit during the playoffs

- - - Updated - - -

Cook and Rondo are good PGs, but we need a starter caliber there. Hopefully the buyout market can give us one. Green as a starter at SG is great to have, depth is also good. We should look to add Iggy but we still need a starter there. James/Kuzma/Dudley and AD/Boogie/Javale is as good as it gets.

Thats 3 players to complete the team for now, a PG a wing and Iggy. Should be doable

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pelinka has absolutely killed it this summer imo.
He has recovered very nicely. I found out that it wasnt for the vets minimum, but for 3.5 million. This is very important. You cannot sign a player to a vet's minimum and have it counts towards the first of 2 years towards early bird rights. If he delivers this year and they re-sign him for next season, then he would be eligible for that in 2021-22

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think the Lakers roster is very bad. But it's probably the best they could do while they got dicked over waiting for Kawhi.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Post Ironic

Lakers still have the full MLE. Caruso was signed using the early bird rights, so they can exceed the cap. Still have room for Bradley and/or Iggy. Fuck it. Get both

Didn’t Bradley have a pretty awful season?

What about JaMychal Green?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Lakers roster is very bad. But it's probably the best they could do while they got dicked over waiting for Kawhi.
Bad? Good joke, dude. We have just what Lebron and AD need around them with 3 and D players and a wildcard former superstar in Boogie. We also have the MLE still. It’s not perfect, but very bad? Lol

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed, its haphazard bunch. Lacks shooting. Only Green is reliable 3pt shooter (despite the awful playoff shooting he had).

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think they got a bunch of shooters but some of the vets like Rondo are slightly above useless. Remove Lebron and Davis from that roster and it’s dogshit.

With Lebron and Davis, they’re solid. If either one misses significant time, they miss the playoffs. I think Lakers fans are just overrating their current players the way they were overrating their young players last season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agreed, its haphazard bunch. Lacks shooting. Only Green is reliable 3pt shooter (despite the awful playoff shooting he had).
Lacks shooting? Lol. Green career 40% shooter. Jared Dudley, career 39% 3 pt shooter. Troy Daniels 40%. Quinn Cook 41.8% thus far. Caruso 39.8% thus far. Even KCP at 35%. Lebron (has shot over 40% before) and Kuzma at 34%. Even AD and Boogie can space the floor with 33% or thereabouts. Only Rondo and McGee are truly terrible shooters on this team. And we still have the MLE and another roster spot to add more.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lacks shooting? Cook, Green, Daniel's, and Dudley each shot over 39% from 3 last year. Green and Cook were 3rd and 4th in the league in catch and shoot 3 point shots, and they are only going to get more opportunities with Lebron passing the ball. The first and 2nd were Seth Curry and Brogdon. Haphazard bunch. You're not even funny. A frontcourt of Lebron-Boogie-AD is potentially the most fearsome in the league. Even if Cousins is 80% of what he used to be, he is a 20-10 player.

- - - Updated - - -

A roster with Ldbron, AD, Kuzma, and Cousins as its Top 4 players is very bad? What planet are we on here? Be somewhat objective guys. Come on. They filled their biggest need with outside shooting and got a potential steal with Cousins at 3.5 million.

I get it. You guys hate the Lakers. That is well known, but these takes are insane

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Green is the only shooter that you can actually play though. Cook/Dudley/Daniels can't play. Cook didn't even play with all those injuries to GSW. Dudley and Daniels? You cannot be serious.

And Davis always had better numbers with Mirotic beside him, not Cousins. And this was prime Cousins.

Edit: Actually I don't really mind Cook for 10-15 mpg in the regular season but in the playoffs, in order for him to actually play, you realize he has to guard Lillard/McCollum, Murrary/Harris, CP3/Harden, Conley/Mitchell, etc.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Green is the only shooter that you can actually play though. Cook/Dudley/Daniels can't play. Cook didn't even play with all those injuries to GSW. Dudley and Daniels? You cannot be serious.

And Davis always had better numbers with Mirotic beside him, not Cousins. And this was prime Cousins.
Davis and Cousins were a + 5.3 when they were on the court together.in New Orleans

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Edit: Actually I don't really mind Cook for 10-15 mpg in the regular season but in the playoffs, in order for him to actually play, you realize he has to guard Lillard/McCollum, Murrary/Harris, CP3/Harden, Conley/Mitchell, etc.
Uhh. No. Davis and Cousins outscored there opponents by something like 6 pts when on the floor together in New Orleans.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Guys this is not even the final roster. There will be new additions from now until April. What matters is the star power, and ours is pretty good id say

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't even know why I should basketball this year. After all, there's no point in watching a team with two of the top 6 players in the league, a 23 year old who is on the verge of averaging 20 pts per game, and potentially the best front court in the league if Cousins is even 80% of what he was.

I mean, what's the point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)