The NBA Thread (35 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2014
Still cant believe they didnt use their last timeout and tried for a 3 instead of just going for an easy 2? that was such an anti climax after getting calls their way.. Raptors really need to focus if they want to win this Final..
Raptors fuck themselves when Lowry called for timeout while they were on the roll and then GS caught up after that. Plus as you mention why go for a 3 at the last seconds.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don’t know if it tore but it is certainly not good. Not good at all.
It was probably partially torn already. You don't sit out a month with a calf strain. Dude is already 30, right? Which means that if he does miss all of next year, he will be 32 going into the 2020-2021 season.

Max contract for a guy coming off a torn achilles at the age of 32? That could be a gamble.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@Post Ironic @zizinho

It looks like it is going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

This is getting interesting.

The Pelicans are doing some research as to what they can get for the #4 pick.

The #4 pick that currently belongs to the Lakers.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It could. For sure. But I’d like one of the youngsters to stay. It’d be nice to have that potential for 4 all-star calibre starters if we got a max free agent along with Lebron and AD.
It could be Kuzma and Hart that stays. Put those two with Lebron, AD, and another max salary guy and its off to the races we go.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lebron, AD, and a max cap space.

I mean, it could be a lot worse.
Exactly how id describe it, could be worse. It would suck seeing all the young guns go, but if KD sits the season out, James-Davis gives us a chance to build a contender for next season, assuming both are healthy. Depending on if and who the 3rd guy is, we might go into the season as favorites. Lets see if we can do these deals 1st though

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Exactly how id describe it, could be worse. It would suck seeing all the young guns go, but if KD sits the season out, James-Davis gives us a chance to build a contender for next season, assuming both are healthy. Depending on if and who the 3rd guy is, we might go into the season as favorites. Lets see if we can do these deals 1st though
My therapist says that it’s important to have dreams.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just wait to see who we get 1st. No KD means there isnt a clear cut favorite next season

Come ooooon, Lakers is a mess right now, they have alot of work to do, you cant just jump lots of key steps and expect Lakers the be the favourite for a championship? Seriously, settle the heck down.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Come ooooon, Lakers is a mess right now, they have alot of work to do, you cant just jump lots of key steps and expect Lakers the be the favourite for a championship? Seriously, settle the heck down.
But thats why i said, depending on who else we add after James and Davis. The west has been pretty deep but also not much difference in quality (except KD Warriors) among the playoff teams. But we havent even done the Davis trade yet and might not even do it, i was definitely too early to bring that up

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, I’d say Portland and Denver will still be better. Also, let’s see who the Clippers get, they’re a really good team with a lot of cap space and young talent. Not to mention the East coast lol, Toronto, Sixers, and Bucks will still be good next year.

In my harsh opinion, as long as the Lakers have that retard Jeanie Buss and snake Pelinka running the show, they aren’t going anywhere.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
TO be fair, both the Heat and Cavs jumped multiple steps when they built their big 3s. As did the Celtics before that. It happens.

There's no way Kawhi comes here imo, but if we got AD and Kawhi with Lebron, we'd clearly be amongst the favourites. Hypotheticals though, and right now I don't really even see us trading for AD, let alone the massive unlikelihood of signing Kawhi or anyone close to his level.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If they get Kawhi with AD and James, they are THE favorites. Thats 3/10 best players in the league on the same team, no one has anything like it (except again Warriors with KD) in terms of star player quality

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why would Kawhi go to LA? The dude is on the verge of leading a Raptors franchise to a title. He doesn't and shouldn't want to play with a toxic Alpha primadonna in Lebron. I feel Kawhi is the kind of guy who wants to win on his own terms; he'd only go to LA once Lebron is irrelevant or retires.

He's going to the Clippers, maybe the Knicks, and potentially staying in Toronto for one more season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)