The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lebron is a Laker - Finally I can return to watch some NBA games - Stopped watching after Kobe left as The Lakers were woeful and while I support them I am not half the fan of the Lakers that I am of Juve..

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
isn't he a bit old to be able to wait one year for a proper team though? if I just got Lebron, I'd want to capitalize as soon as possible, highly doubt 36 or 37 years old James will be worth the money Lakers are paying him. Kobe was 32 or 33 the last time Lakers made playoffs, right?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're right. I forgot the deal was that long.

I like 4 years. It means Lebron has bought into the Lakers project and will be finishing his career here (competitive career anyways). Trusts Magic to build a contender. And it doesn't tie us to a 40 year old big money contract. He will be 37 in his last season of this contract.

Really liking these 1 year deals with fairly high upside players. If we strike out on Kawhi and others this summer, shipping off all the 1 years next summer will allow space for another max deal then.
LeBron is 33 though. Any long term contract is mostly to his benefit imo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You honestly think that Lebron had no input in this? There is no way they sign him without Lebron's ok.

Stephenson is a flake, but he can play. Larry Bird loves the guy.
I watched the Pacers, Lance gets lots of buzz for being funniest clown in the league, but no he is not a good player. He barely qualifies for average, does alot of boneheaded things, and his defence nor his shooting is stand out. You you have to ask, what is he supposed to add, if not experience or some bench leadership.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Congrats @zizinho @King of Kings @Salvo @j0ker did I miss anyone else? there's too many of you...anyways, enjoy him. should be awesome to have someone like LeBron on your team, dude makes for exitement and is still the best player in the league after 15 years and shows no signs of stopping

I'm so gonna try to get tix when the Lakers come to town. :D they're gonna be so fucking stupid expensive

Can't fault PG either, gotta get his.

KCP? is that porzingis?
thanks. lets meet in the finals next year :)

- - - Updated - - -

Laker fans freaking out about surrounding Lebron with garbage, but I would say it's pretty clear they are hedging bets for next summer if they can't get Kawhi for a reasonable cost without a trade that ships off most of the young potential star players, and Boogie is a big question mark.

Next summer Kawhi and KD potentially available, so having the cap space then could be super important.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. So many fans not understanding this.

Would you be okay with Randle leaving and Cousins coming in? Randle and Deng gone, Cousins in, and all the one years, would probably allow us to go for Kawhi next summer if Spurs won't trade...

I like Randle, and Boogie is high risk, but if he gets back to top form, that's a pretty tempting move.
lol seriously? people are in for a surprise come playoff time

- - - Updated - - -

i knew it, Lebron loves crazy Lance :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

isn't he a bit old to be able to wait one year for a proper team though? if I just got Lebron, I'd want to capitalize as soon as possible, highly doubt 36 or 37 years old James will be worth the money Lakers are paying him. Kobe was 32 or 33 the last time Lakers made playoffs, right?
do you think we would beat Warriors with whatever possible best players available we surround James with? i dont, atleast not this following season, assuming all Warriors are healthy. better wait for 2019-20 and onwards, gotta keep the young core and possibly add Kawhi, and Warriors will get fatigued mentally and physically at some point

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the Pacers, Lance gets lots of buzz for being funniest clown in the league, but no he is not a good player. He barely qualifies for average, does alot of boneheaded things, and his defence nor his shooting is stand out. You you have to ask, what is he supposed to add, if not experience or some bench leadership.

did you watch them in the series vs the Cavaliers? if that Stephenson shows up come playoff time, its a great addition

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
do you think we would beat Warriors with whatever possible best players available we surround James with? i dont, atleast not this following season, assuming all Warriors are healthy. better wait for 2019-20 and onwards, gotta keep the young core and possibly add Kawhi, and Warriors will get fatigued mentally and physically at some point
with Lebron just having had his arguably best playoff performance I think you stood a good chance next season if you created a mix of experienced winners and youth. I haven't watched Lakers much and don't know how true this is, but the general opinion is that you have some very good young guns. given how shaky the Warriors where already this season (I think they'd have lost against the Rockets if not for Chris Paul getting injured), I think you'd stand a good chance against them with Lebron + Cousins f.e., I wouldn't bet that James will be the same players in 2019/20 and even if he is, it's highly unlikely he'll keep it up for a 3rd or 4th year

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I guess you can ask Lebron that question, since there is no way the Lakers even think of signing him unless Lebron gave him the green light. And if it is for bench help, how is that an issue? There is no way he would be a starter on this team.

- - - Updated - - -

LeBron is 33 though. Any long term contract is mostly to his benefit imo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Not Necessarily. Let's assume that he is still the same Lebron next year. He could have signed a 1 +1 deal where he could have opted out, and re-signed for even bigger money. The trend with Lebron is that he always signs these 1 +1 contracts, just in case the team he is on isn't doing everything they can to win a championship. For him to sign a 4 year deal with the Lakers, at his age, considering the ridiculous amount of money he left on the table not only by not staying in Cleveland, but the exorbitant amount of California income tax, so shows that he has faith in Magic Johnson.

Right now in the NBA there are no peers to Lebron. Lebron on his own changes the entire dynamic of the league whenever he is a free agent. The only person in the basketball world who can be considered as his peer, in terms of NBA career, outside business interests, and philanthropy is Magic Johnson. They are kindred spirits. Magic is possibly the only person who truly "gets" him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ofcourse not starter, not much team left where he can start. But why does it matter if Bird likes him (same Pacers who released him) or if LeBron approves if Lance is still an incredibly blow IQ player who would be shunned already for his on court performance if it wasn't for his colourful character.

It's kinda extra amusing that LeBron contention in Cavs press conferences at end was importance of playing with more high IQ players. And the first two guys signed by Lakers when he joins is Lance and McGee. Can't get more low IQ then that, unless your name is Dwight Howard.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And where the FUCK did all of you Laker fans come from? :howler:

Get the fuck off of the bandwagon

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse not starter, not much team left where he can start. But why does it matter if Bird likes him (same Pacers who released him) or if LeBron approves if Lance is still an incredibly blow IQ player who would be shunned already for his on court performance if it wasn't for his colourful character.

It's kinda extra amusing that LeBron contention in Cavs press conferences at end was importance of playing with more high IQ players. And the first two guys signed by Lakers when he joins is Lance and McGee. Can't get more low IQ then that, unless your name is Dwight Howard.

They already have 2 high IQ players in Ingram and Ball. What they needed was more toughness and playoff experience. Again, we are talking about probably the 9th and tenth players off the bench for the Lakers. The big difference is that the low IQ players Lebron was referencing were players that were in the starting 5. You will not see McGee and Lance on the court in the last minute of an NBA Finals game.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Anyway I hope they don't throw Ingram, Kuzma and Randle away now.

I honestly believe at least two of them will be stars in a couple of years.

Get Kahwi next season for free.

BTW if they sign Boogie will they have space for Kahwi next season?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Anyway I hope they don't throw Ingram, Kuzma and Randle away now.

I honestly believe at least two of them will be stars in a couple of years.

Get Kahwi next season for free.

BTW if they sign Boogie will they have space for Kahwi next season?
If they can sign Clint Capela to an offer sheet that Houston can't match, then you can say good bye to Randle. I would much rather have Capela than Randle, anyway. All of that goes out the window if they renounce randle, stretch Deng, and somehow convince Boogie to come on board.

Can they sign Kawhi next year if they sign Boogie this year? It can be done, but it would be difficult. Hence, the insistence by the Lakers that they are only signing unrestricted free agents to 1 year contracts, to preserve that cap space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 47)