The NBA Thread (86 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yep, and if they give him tiny bit of leeway expect mediocre Klutch sport players.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
How many roster spots do you think the Lakers have? :lol:

The only other player on the roster who is part of that group is KCP, and although he is not a star, he isn't mediocre either.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is now a Lakers fan. Get ready.
Oh, I can't wait.

Yay

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Um, this is the guy who thought trading for JR Smith was a good idea. LeBron may have ok'd Lance but his history of picking players to play with is pretty bad. Look at who he surrounded himself with during his Cleveland stints. Now Stevenson isn't so surprising.
JR was an important supporting piece of the Cavs winning that title in 15-16, so let's now go too far there. The problem is giving players like him longer contracts, which is in large part Lebron's fault, advocating for his guys like JR and TT to get paid. And the Lakers aren't doing that here. All these guys are on 1 year deals. I seriously doubt Lebron is going to be given the keys like he was for his second Cavs stint.

As an aside, Lebron had nothing to do with the shit Cleveland surrounded him with in his first stint there. That's why he left.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How many roster spots do you think the Lakers have?

The only other player on the roster who is part of that group is KCP, and although he is not a star, he isn't mediocre either.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I can't wait.

Yay
I'm sorry to break it you you Serge....

But KCP is a total scrub

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

But KCP is a total scrub

he had career years in 3pt shooting (almost 40% from 3) and rebounding, was very good on defense, while he had some off the field issues in the middle of the season when he was facing jailtime. im OK with that from a role player

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

But KCP is a total scrub

13.4 5 rebounds 1.4 steals a game playing good defense. I'll take that. And that was without a player like Lebron on the team.

Look, you can say what you want about him, but KCP being re-signed to a 1 year deal was as big of a factor in the Lakers signing Lebron as anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

he had career years in 3pt shooting (almost 40% from 3) and rebounding, was very good on defense, while he had some off the field issues in the middle of the season when he was facing jailtime. im OK with that from a role player
Don't bother. He woke up this morning and realized that the Minnesota Timberwolves' chance of actually competing for a title this year just went out the window. He needs to vent his frustration somewhere, so I, and the Lakers, are an easy target.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know he is a decent defender. But I seen him be such a knuckle head on offense that I would be frustrated if he was starting for my team. 1 year deals are smart, but put them together and he is essentially getting 30m in 2 years from you. Certainly can get someone better for that money. Which is why it's one year deals anyway (prolly could done lower then 12m a year this time to be able to afford to get better options for other positions).

Don't think him re-signing is related to LeBron anyways. What I would expected is someone like Bledsoe aka mini LeBron lol.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Don't bother. He woke up this morning and realized that the Minnesota Timberwolves' chance of actually competing for a title this year just went out the window. He needs to vent his frustration somewhere, so I, and the Lakers, are an easy target.
i thought one would come to terms with that the moment they chose to support that franchise? oh well

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Randle is meeting with the Lakers today. He is apparently very excited about Lebron being there.

In other words, that is exactly how would feel if I woke up and Beyonce was lying next to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he is part of a sign and trade for Kawhi................................

Just saying.................................................

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People like you are the reason no one likes the Lakers
But the real question is, am I one of those Laker fans that gives you reason to believe that there are some intelligent hoops fans who support LA?

- - - Updated - - -

But the real question is, am I one of those Laker fans that gives you reason to believe that there are some intelligent hoops fans who support LA?

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying that @zizinho is not intelligent. Far from it.

But he is so fucking millennial :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers meeting with Tyreke Evans.

If they get Tyreke Evans and re-sign Randle, then I am honestly thinking that Hart, Randle will be a part of a package to send to San Antonio.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
because i made a joke? makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If they get Tyreke Evans and re-sign Randle, then I am honestly thinking that Hart, Randle will be a part of a package to send to San Antonio.
wtf does millennial even mean :D

Tyreke would be a great 6th man here. but i thought hed be getting much more money this season than we would possibly offer

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
13.4 5 rebounds 1.4 steals a game playing good defense. I'll take that. And that was without a player like Lebron on the team.

Look, you can say what you want about him, but KCP being re-signed to a 1 year deal was as big of a factor in the Lakers signing Lebron as anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I didn't take you for the butthurt babies kind?

Zero to do with Timberwolves or any other teams. I seen more of KCP in Pistons then with you and never found him as anything but a mediocre player, who's biggiest positive was defense and being on cheap contract.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You’re cool, I’ll admit that. But you know what they say - one had apple...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But he is so fucking millennial

- - - Updated - - -

But he is so fucking millennial

- - - Updated - - -

Tyreke Evans would be an amazing 6th man (or starter for many other teams). Give him the reins of the bench unit and he will give you 20 a game, tho it will be adjustment for him to play in a system or non iso ball since he used to having all of the ball in shit teams. Not a spot up shooter (hence more bench then starting with LeBron), tho very versatile in playing 1-3 equally well and can create for others.

Man it's tough time to be Philly, I thought Tyreke Evans is the best free agent left they could get.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Tyreke Evans would be an amazing 6th man (or starter for many other teams). Give him the reins of the bench unit and he will give you 20 a game, tho it will be adjustment for him to play in a system or non iso ball since he used to having all of the ball in shit teams. Not a spot up shooter (hence more bench then starting with LeBron), tho very versatile in playing 1-3 equally well and can create for others.

Man it's tough time to be Philly, I thought Tyreke Evans is the best free agent left they could get.

I think we’re fine. Resigned Redick and the boys will have experience. Think we’ll be favorites for the East.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think we’re fine. Resigned Redick and the boys will have experience. Think we’ll be favorites for the East.
i dont have you as favorites unless you get Kawhi. Boston already beat you without Kyrie and Hayward, why would the outcome be different now? plus you lost Ilyasova and Belinelli, who played major minutes in the playoffs

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol I didn't take you for the butthurt babies kind?

Zero to do with Timberwolves or any other teams. I seen more of KCP in Pistons then with you and never found him as anything but a mediocre player, who's biggiest positive was defense and being on cheap contract.

I'm not butthurt at all. Far from it. You just have a tendency to underrate anyone who is a Laker. And it would make sense if your retort to that was "Well, it's because you overrate anyone who is a Laker." But you know that I don't do that. Even Kuzma, whom you were absolutely drooling over during the summer and pre-season. Was there anything that he did during the regular season that made him change your mind? You said the other day that they didn't have any Alpha type rookies, when I could have sworn I saw about 15 games last year where Kuzma was totally unafraid to take the last shots.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like Phillys team alot.

But easy favourites are the Celtics who won you with over a 3rd of their cap budget out injured.

They won you with the talented kids and dynamic backup players plus Horford because they have bigger athletic players who can attack the rim(create for themselves), shoot and defend in elite level.

While non of your wing/guards could do that (offensively), only spot up shoot, and lost because they couldn't adjust to being closed down due to athletic inferiority, nor create their shot if Simmons wasn't passing them open.

Celtics abused Reddick (and Belli and McConnell) on D because of the lack of size and D ability. Simmons is amazing, but flawed in this match up aslong he can't shoot, they clog the lane and say to him now what, and cover Embiid and your spot up shooters.

This mismatch nightmare for you was WITH a depleted Celtics.

So yeah you defenitely needed a Paul George or Kawhi level wing player to have competitive edge and become a legit top level contender.

If you want to compete further you need to bridge the game aside resigning Reddick. Especially when Ilya and Belli have you 44 pts off the bench and are now gone. One of them can be replacdd by a raw Zhaire and a healthy Fulltz ( he needs to deliver big time), but you still need 2 or 3 other good bench players to withstand these grueling playoff series.

I genuinely hope you get Kawhi, would make NBA so much more fun.

Otherwise you have to wait til 2019 summer free agency. Few good opportunities there with klay and few other marquee possibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 79)