The NBA Thread (72 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i really hope this doesent result in trading Ingram for Kawhi

:agree:

Ingram is the one young star that should be untouchable in all trade packages. Our front court future just got massacred if we were to lose all of Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and bring in just Lebron and Kawhi.

If we're waiting on Kawhi for next summer, it looks like they're just trying to build some random semblance of a contender to bring back some excitement before going all in next summer and letting all these one year contract players walk.

Lebron and Rondo both need shooters around them though...

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I read 5.7 mil now. So they might need to trade Deng in order to pay Boogie.

I've said before that Ball's upside is a Rondo (during Celtics prime) type and level player. Perhaps they are bringing him in for a year to mentor Lonzo... I don't know.

Or perhaps so they can keep Ingram, they are using Ball as the centrepiece of a package for Kawhi, and Rondo is the replacement. :shifty:

Either way, it's fucking chaotic, and a complete mess right now.
i think we have less than 3M left:

James 35.65M, Deng 18M, KCP 12M, Rondo 9M, Stephenson 4.4M, Javale no idea, Lonzo 7.5M, Ingram 5.8M, Kuzma 1.7M, Hart 1.7M, Zubac 1.5M, Wagner 1.5M, adds up to almost 99M without whatever Javale gets

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don’t think the Spurs give two shits about Lonzo and Lebron would most likely prefer Rondo as a PG over Lonzo which explains the move. Rondo can win chips, Lonzo blows ass.
lol and you say everyone hates the Lakers because of the likes of me. every single opinion you have about anything Lakers related is beyond terrible

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I like Phillys team alot.

But easy favourites are the Celtics who won you with over a 3rd of their cap budget out injured.

They won you with the talented kids and dynamic backup players plus Horford because they have bigger athletic players who can attack the rim(create for themselves), shoot and defend in elite level.

While non of your wing/guards could do that (offensively), only spot up shoot, and lost because they couldn't adjust to being closed down due to athletic inferiority, nor create their shot if Simmons wasn't passing them open.

Celtics abused Reddick (and Belli and McConnell) on D because of the lack of size and D ability. Simmons is amazing, but flawed in this match up aslong he can't shoot, they clog the lane and say to him now what, and cover Embiid and your spot up shooters.

This mismatch nightmare for you was WITH a depleted Celtics.

So yeah you defenitely needed a Paul George or Kawhi level wing player to have competitive edge and become a legit top level contender.

If you want to compete further you need to bridge the game aside resigning Reddick. Especially when Ilya and Belli have you 44 pts off the bench and are now gone. One of them can be replacdd by a raw Zhaire and a healthy Fulltz ( he needs to deliver big time), but you still need 2 or 3 other good bench players to withstand these grueling playoff series.

I genuinely hope you get Kawhi, would make NBA so much more fun.

Otherwise you have to wait til 2019 summer free agency. Few good opportunities there with klay and few other marquee possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Good points. I’m thinking the guys will be much better with a year under their belt. Especially Saric and Simmons. But yeah, it’s between the Sixers and Celts for the East. The Raptors might make some noise too now that lebron left but they also got a new coach. I see the Pacers being really good as well.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

James 35.65M, Deng 18M, KCP 12M, Rondo 9M, Stephenson 4.4M, Javale no idea, Lonzo 7.5M, Ingram 5.8M, Kuzma 1.7M, Hart 1.7M, Zubac 1.5M, Wagner 1.5M, adds up to almost 99M without whatever Javale gets

- - - Updated - - -

lol and you say everyone hates the Lakers because of the likes of me. every single opinion you have about anything Lakers related is beyond terrible
Everywhere i'm reading is saying around 5mil. And that would go to 16mil with Deng stretched and waived. Can't imagine that would be enough for Cousins.

That turns into 20 something if we trade Deng.... but hard to imagine many suitors for him and his contract.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's 5.6 left over.

Stephenson and McGee are exemption signings, and don't count against the cap until the cap is full with non-exempt signings.

If they waive and stretch Deng, then you can add another 10.4 million to the cap, which would be 16 million, which can be used on Boogie, if he is willing to go that low on a 1 year deal, or re-sign Randle.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:agree:

Ingram is the one young star that should be untouchable in all trade packages. Our front court future just got massacred if we were to lose all of Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and bring in just Lebron and Kawhi.

If we're waiting on Kawhi for next summer, it looks like they're just trying to build some random semblance of a contender to bring back some excitement before going all in next summer and letting all these one year contract players walk.

Lebron and Rondo both need shooters around them though...
this looks likely to me. maybe we can convince KCP to take a minimum salary next season so we get his bird rights after 2019/20, and maybe we overpaid a little for Rondo (i didnt think hed get 9M, not enough playoff teams with cap space iirc) so he also takes less next summer, and we get to keep them while adding Kawhi. Randle would have likely signed a 15M or more multi year contract, could give us trouble getting Kawhi next summer if we dont get his salary right. still hate that we let him go, just trying to find a reasonable enough explanation. or maybe we doing some other team that wanted to sign him a favor so they take Deng next summer? who the fuck knows, this is incredibly weird and out of blue.

KCP, Kuzma, Wagner, Hart are shooters, and should all get minutes with Rondo (2nd unit, im assuming) and James. but i would have liked another one maybe (Belinelli got 6M a year for 2 years from Spurs :sigh:), as all these guys can struggle from 3land

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, Rondo being better than Lonzo is not a terrible opinion. One has shown he can win a chip, always turns it on during the playoffs, and has one of the highest b-ball IQs in the league. The other is a writ behind the ears rookie who makes terrible videos, thinks Migos are the best rappers, and was raised in a family where they think Philadelphia and Detroit are states.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Trust me, Rondo being better than Lonzo is not a terrible opinion. One has shown he can win a chip, always turns it on during the playoffs, and has one of the highest b-ball IQs in the league. The other is a writ behind the ears rookie who makes terrible videos, thinks Migos are the best rappers, and was raised in a family where they think Philadelphia and Detroit are states.
Dude. Come on. You're better than this.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Do you honestly think Lonzo Ball will start over Rondo? With Lebron pushing for a ring? Think about it. I personally don’t think so.
saying Rondo is better is one thing, saying Lonzo blows ass is another. but you also think you guys are favorites over Boston, so should i really be surprised here?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Do you honestly think Lonzo Ball will start over Rondo? With Lebron pushing for a ring? Think about it. I personally don’t think so.
I think Ball will start. I think he should start. Unless Lonzo is part of a trade package. If Lebron was pushing for a ring, do you think he would have signed with the Lakers in the first place?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
alright then, 5.6M left. use it on a shooter rather than plot for trades
But who is playing in our front court? Are we seriously going to start Javale or use him for serious minutes? He hasn't played more than 15mpg in a season in 5 years and is lower-end of bench material at best. :sergio:

Something doesn't add up right now with losing Randle. Small ball with Ingram-Lebron-Kuzma might be fine in specific situations, but where's our rebounding? And rim protection?

Are we bringing Brook Lopez back? Are we going to stretch and waive Deng and hope we get a discount for Cousins? I don't get what we are building here right now unless we're just playing for 2019-20 season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
saying Rondo is better is one thing, saying Lonzo blows ass is another. but you also think you guys are favorites over Boston, so should i really be surprised here?
Lonzo does not "blow ass". If his last name wasn't "Ball" and had a petulant old man, people would step back and look at the whole picture and say "He had trouble shooting, and he needs to fix that, and he needs to get stronger. But he can also develop into a triple double threat every night."

But because his last name IS Ball, and he not only has his dad to deal with, but Magic himself did him absolutely no favors when he told the world at his introductory press conference that he expects Lonzo to have his number in the rafters, then his year gets looked at in a whole different context.

I'll tell you this. D'Lo may be a better shooter, but I would take Lonzo all day, every day over the last PG of the future we had strolling through the halls.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think Ball will start. I think he should start. Unless Lonzo is part of a trade package. If Lebron was pushing for a ring, do you think he would have signed with the Lakers in the first place?
I think that was a compromise for him. Would all these moves have happened if Lebron hadn’t joined? No.

The chances of winning aren’t as big as if he joined the Sixers or Rockets but he’ll still try to win.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the dude is not a Lakers fan. He doesn’t care what the team will look like once he’s done there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But who is playing in our front court? Are we seriously going to start Javale or use him for serious minutes? He hasn't played more than 15mpg in a season in 5 years and is lower-end of bench material at best. :sergio:

Something doesn't add up right now with losing Randle. Small ball with Ingram-Lebron-Kuzma might be fine in specific situations, but where's our rebounding? And rim protection?

Are we bringing Brook Lopez back? Are we going to stretch and waive Deng and hope we get a discount for Cousins? I don't get what we are building here right now unless we're just playing for 2019-20 season.
I think that they are going to stretch Deng and bring back Randle on a 1 year deal. IF they do that, I believe that they can get some type of Bird rights on him for next year.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Rondo was a good defender in his Celtics heyday, but has been an awful defender since, getting marginally better come playoff time.

Lonzo is a far superior defender, and his excellent defense was the reason his rookie season cannot be called a bust.

I'd assume we will see a lot of both. Point guard by committee. Interesting, because both these players being PG here suggests the ball being taking out of Lebron's hands more.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rondo is good backup find. Tho you collecting the most amount of tough weird characters in the league...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)