The NBA Thread (49 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lonzo does not "blow ass". If his last name wasn't "Ball" and had a petulant old man, people would step back and look at the whole picture and say "He had trouble shooting, and he needs to fix that, and he needs to get stronger. But he can also develop into a triple double threat every night."

But because his last name IS Ball, and he not only has his dad to deal with, but Magic himself did him absolutely no favors when he told the world at his introductory press conference that he expects Lonzo to have his number in the rafters, then his year gets looked at in a whole different context.

I'll tell you this. D'Lo may be a better shooter, but I would take Lonzo all day, every day over the last PG of the future we had strolling through the halls.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

But who is playing in our front court? Are we seriously going to start Javale or use him for serious minutes? He hasn't played more than 15mpg in a season in 5 years and is lower-end of bench material at best. :sergio:

Something doesn't add up right now with losing Randle. Small ball with Ingram-Lebron-Kuzma might be fine in specific situations, but where's our rebounding? And rim protection?

Are we bringing Brook Lopez back? Are we going to stretch and waive Deng and hope we get a discount for Cousins? I don't get what we are building here right now unless we're just playing for 2019-20 season.
i have no idea. Zubac, Wagner, McGee, Kuzma is who we currently have at PF and C, and id like to count James as a PF as well. Lopez makes sense

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dude. Come on. You're better than this.
Ofcourse Lonzo should start to develop him. But who's better shouldn't be a doubt right now.

Rondo is exceptionally super high IQ and experienced playoff guard. Ofcourse he will bench Lonzo when's there tough games tho. Rondo Vs GSW was fantastic in latest playoff series.

Kinda funny you signed him, he's essentially Lonzo's future if Lonzo doesn't develop a shot. High IQ playmaker and defender who finds ppl on pure instinct. So will be great tutor for him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Someone humor me. How much does a backup PG usually make and what is Rondo making?
depends what kind of quality youre looking for. guys like Calderon, Nelson, Felton, Napier, J.Jack or Chalmers earn around the 2M mark, Marcus Smart was getting over 4M last season. then you have Barea who will get almost 4M from Dallas next season, or Livingston with 8.3M for next season. but depends on how good said player is and the market, if you have a rookie/young player, someone in his prime, or a 30+ year old veteran. VanVleet will get 18M over 2 years from Toronto next 2 seasons for example. Clarkson (if you could call him a point i guess) will get 12.5M next season, Jeremy Lin 12M, Cory Joseph over 7M. id say Rondo at 9M is decent, but i would sure hope he takes less if he stays beyond this season

edit: Dellavedova gets almost 10M as well

- - - Updated - - -

8.612 million.

See: Jerryd Bayless :D

- - - Updated - - -

Randle 2/ 18 million with New Orleans. He asked for his release
does that mean Boogie stays there as well? heard they are very close....

and how does that makes sense for him? neither the length nor the amount. he wont be a 7 year veteran after the 2 years, to get the 30% max. and 9M a year? seriously? id have given him 15M a year here easily

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wait you gave Rondo over the minimum? And you gave up Randle for him? The fuck?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm just waiting to see at this point what this roster will be when it all the smoke clears. And it looks as if it will take a little while for it to clear. I hope these 2 know what they are doing

- - - Updated - - -

depends what kind of quality youre looking for. guys like Calderon, Nelson, Felton, Napier, J.Jack or Chalmers earn around the 2M mark, Marcus Smart was getting over 4M last season. then you have Barea who will get almost 4M from Dallas next season, or Livingston with 8.3M for next season. but depends on how good said player is and the market, if you have a rookie/young player, someone in his prime, or a 30+ year old veteran. VanVleet will get 18M over 2 years from Toronto next 2 seasons for example. Clarkson (if you could call him a point i guess) will get 12.5M next season, Jeremy Lin 12M, Cory Joseph over 7M. id say Rondo at 9M is decent, but i would sure hope he takes less if he stays beyond this season

edit: Dellavedova gets almost 10M as well

- - - Updated - - -

does that mean Boogie stays there as well? heard they are very close....

and how does that makes sense for him? neither the length nor the amount. he wont be a 7 year veteran after the 2 years, to get the 30% max. and 9M a year? seriously? id have given him 15M a year here easily
No idea, to be honest.

I truly don't have a clue. I even reached out to a couple of my buddies in LA, and they are just as confused as I am right now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
One of the text messages I received from one of my buddies in LA

"Man. This is the type of shit I make up in my head when I am high AF. But I'm not even high right now. And it's all happening. Imagine if I was, the shit I could make up?"

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cousins to the Warriors? How in the fuck can they afford that?

- - - Updated - - -

They are 30 million over the cap with the players they have now. And that is ONLY 9 PLAYERS signed.

How are they possibly doing this?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The league is turning into a joke. And people cheer for this disgusting overpowered team with a group of stars taking the easy way out. This isn't a big 3, it's 5 player who are all-NBA level when healthy. Retarded.

There were better teams in the past, pre salary-cap era but they had competition always because other teams could build without cap constraints. Now, no one can come close to building a competitive team with this because of cap restrictions, yet the Warriors can go further into luxury tax, sign players on ridiculously underpaid contracts, and follow the perfect set of circumstance to build a team that literally no on can challenge for the foreseeable future.

NBA cap rules are broken.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This is some NBA 2K18 shit with all of your GM attributes maxed out.

"Demarcus, we would love to have you on the Warriors"

"That's great. I would like a 5 year deal starting at 150 million"

"Well, we would love to, but I'm afraid that all we can give you is 1 year/ 5.3 Million"

"OK, I'll sign. I'm honored to be a part of this franchise"

- - - Updated - - -

The league is turning into a joke. And people cheer for this disgusting overpowered team with a group of stars taking the easy way out. This isn't a big 3, it's 5 player who are all-NBA level when healthy. Retarded.

There were better teams in the past, pre salary-cap era but they had competition always because other teams could build without cap constraints. Now, no one can come close to building a competitive team with this because of cap restrictions, yet the Warriors can go further into luxury tax, sign players on ridiculously underpaid contracts, and follow the perfect set of circumstance to build a team that literally no on can challenge for the foreseeable future.

The hell with this being an All NBA team. This is Team USA right here at the olympics.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what we get for stealing Javale Mcgee from them :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This may be the biggest "Hold my Beer" moment in NBA free agency history.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I really disagree about there having been a better team. The Warriors have the two best shooters of all time and KD.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There is nothing the league can do about it. The Warriors are playing within the rules. Be mad all you want, but it is what it is.

What I think though, is that the NBA didn't expect All-NBA type talents to take much less money just to win a ring. They underestimated their own brand, and players don't need mega contracts to make mega dollars anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I really disagree about there having been a better team. The Warriors have the two best shooters of all time and KD.
The two teams that could be on their level I think are the Showtime Lakers and the Bulls of the 90's if we go back to the last 30 years.

Anything prior to 1985 though, just forget it. The athleticsm gap is simply too great

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There is nothing the league can do about it. The Warriors are playing within the rules. Be mad all you want, but it is what it is.

What I think though, is that the NBA didn't expect All-NBA type talents to take much less money just to win a ring. They underestimated their own brand, and players don't need mega contracts to make mega dollars anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The two teams that could be on their level I think are the Showtime Lakers and the Bulls of the 90's if we go back to the last 30 years.

Anything prior to 1985 though, just forget it. The athleticsm gap is simply too great
Agreed. I think the Warriors would destroy both those teams just because the three pointer was not utilized back then

- - - Updated - - -

But talent wise, yeah. Agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 39)