The NBA Thread (103 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Was Lavar part of the deal in lonzos college season?

No. So why assume an NBA franchise would have any issue with him? He just promotes the heck outta his sons brand in media, that's it.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Exactly. And Lonzo is the complete opposite of his father. He's very quiet. And besides, there is no way in hell that Magic would put up with that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For as long as he has influence over Lonzo, which he seems to have a lot of, he will be part of the deal, even if indirectly.
If you just watch their interaction during interviews and such when they are together, you have to wonder just how deep in his son's head Lavar really is. This should be the #1 concern for any team looking to draft Lonzo.
Isn't it exaggerated tho? He takes the forefront too much when it comes to career decision like where to go, but why do we assume he will intefer when deal is done and basketball season starts?

Granted I find him very annoying too, using his son as a puppet, but essentially he wants the best for his son and is a former player who knows you need to focus on your game when things get started.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Was Lavar part of the deal in lonzos college season?

No. So why assume an NBA franchise would have any issue with him? He just promotes the heck outta his sons brand in media, that's it.

Who gives a fuck?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
My brother who follows NBA much more in depth then me kept saying before final bench is GS weakness and Cavs strength, that might be a significant factor . But God knows that's totally the reverse in these 2 games so far. Korver, Williams, Shumpert (he did alright last night), Frye etc were absolutely shit. Even starters like Jr and Thompson were completely useless.

Only Jefferson was useful in game 1.

Bench depth could be a weakness/strength during the reg season where injuries may occur at any moment thru that 80+ game marathon. Same during the early stages of the postseason.
Now that we are in the finals and the Warriors have made it to this point without any injuries, and there only a few games left, their top-heavy roster is still deep enough and proving to be the difference.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Isn't it exaggerated tho? He takes the forefront too much when it comes to career decision like where to go, but why do we assume he will intefer when deal is done and basketball season starts?

Granted I find him very annoying too, using his son as a puppet, but essentially he wants the best for his son and is a former player who knows you need to focus on your game when things get started.

I have seen like a couple of interviews or so where they were both together and the interaction was scary at times. It gave me the impression that Lavar may be an abusive, controlling father (and probably husband too) and Lonzo just looked completely docile and even downright scared in his presence. Lonzo was acting like a kid, not a man with a mind of his own.
Even when Lavar isn't around, Lonzo exhibits the behavior of an abused child - quiet, withdrawn, even lacking in self-confidence, not a vocal leader.
That's the part I would be worried about.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
My brother who follows NBA much more in depth then me kept saying before final bench is GS weakness and Cavs strength, that might be a significant factor . But God knows that's totally the reverse in these 2 games so far. Korver, Williams, Shumpert (he did alright last night), Frye etc were absolutely shit. Even starters like Jr and Thompson were completely useless.

Only Jefferson was useful in game 1.

when we look on paper then hes completely right, Cavs added Deron and Derrick Williams, Korver while Warriors lost some of theirs from last few years like Barbosa, Ezeli, Speighs + Bogut and Barnes to make room for Durant. but they couldnt make a difference so far at all. so much for Bron making everyone around him better i guess, or is Warriors defense just THAT good

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Warrior defensive Super underrated, I did not realize it was this great. And all they did was add a complete clutch beast like Durant while losing 2 defensive role players but still play this near perfect system b ball.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have seen like a couple of interviews or so where they were both together and the interaction was scary at times. It gave me the impression that Lavar may be an abusive, controlling father (and probably husband too) and Lonzo just looked completely docile and even downright scared in his presence. Lonzo was acting like a kid, not a man with a mind of his own.
Even when Lavar isn't around, Lonzo exhibits the behavior of an abused child - quiet, withdrawn, even lacking in self-confidence, not a vocal leader.
One thing that Lonzo does not lack is self confidence. No college freshman would take the ball up court and casually take, and make, 28ft 3pt shots if he didn't have that self confidence. He's quiet, but he's absolutely a team-first guy, with the best court vision since Magic and Larry.

He's dragging two other UCLA guys into the first round because of how he played.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well, Lebron could always ask Adam Silver for more special treatment in the form of extra cap room just for the Cavs.
or he could go try make a super team elsewhere, looks to me like this one has reached its limit.

btw. no idea why Cavs are trying to compete with them at running up and down the pitch, they should try to slow the game down and kill the rhythm as much as possible. no one is gonna outrun and outshoot the Warriors

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I haven't seen interviews of them together so you may have a point. In fact I barely seen any impression of Lonzo the individual, seems camera shy, no hint of personality. Seen bit and pieces of profiles on Fulltz, Fox, Jackson, Smith Jr etc.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
or he could go try make a super team elsewhere, looks to me like this one has reached its limit.

btw. no idea why Cavs are trying to compete with them at running up and down the pitch, they should try to slow the game down and kill the rhythm as much as possible. no one is gonna outrun and outshoot the Warriors
Please name me the last superstar that one an NBA title on his own.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
but what interests me the most at the moment, when will we finally get to see the legend that made 7 straight finals with Miami and Cleveland, winning 3 in the process, on the court. im talking about none other than the former 3pt champion and all time great, James Jones

- - - Updated - - -

Please name me the last superstar that one an NBA title on his own.
whos playing on his own in these finals?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but what interests me the most at the moment, when will we finally get to see the legend that made 7 straight finals with Miami and Cleveland, winning 3 in the process, on the court. im talking about none other than the former 3pt champion and all time great, James Jones

- - - Updated - - -

whos playing on his own in these finals?

You made the remark that he should go and find another super team. My point is that for the past 50 years, it has always been super teams that have won the title.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

That is true, also what my brother said. But thing is, they can't defend GS fast tempo multi threat attacking game, and every time GS score Cavs feel rushed to score quickly too, before defense settle, because GS crowd the interior and barely let much chance to get into the paint. Mainly was James bullying his way through on occasion or Love having stellar game catch and shooting close, but most of the others attempts got bullied. Irvings driving game had it very difficult facing this GS defence. Thompson was non entity taking it to the rim, despite all the great passing by James.

And every other schmuck in Cavs team kept bricking corner 3s and some mid range shots. Game plan became hopeless for them.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

With the Celtics having that #1 pick, watch King James take his talents to the Mystic :p

I think they tried to do just that by acquiring Bogut but he got broke in like his first dribble series for the Cavs, so now they are back to playing small personnel vs the team that thrives on it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Kevin Durant (top 3 player in basketball) joins the 73 win Warriors, and people actually thought Lebron and his Cavs had a chance this year? :lol:

Lebron put up a triple double last night, in 3 quarters. Shot 12 of 18, 14 assists, 11 boards. A very efficient and effective performance, and his team got slaughtered.

The benches are scoring at a similar rate per game. The big difference is that Tristan Thompson and JR Smith as 4th and 5th starter for the Cavs scored a grand total of 11 points in the first two games combined. Add to that Kyrie shooting in 36% range, and the Cavs are getting smashed.

The Cavs need Smith and Thompson to be more effective, and Kyrie to find his shooting stroke. If those things don't happen this a 4 game sweep with 15+ point wins in every game, even if Lebron shoots 60% and averages a triple double.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 96)