The NBA Thread (46 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You made the remark that he should go and find another super team. My point is that for the past 50 years, it has always been super teams that have won the title.
I used to hope Iverson would been the exception to that rule. Didn't even like 76ers but man was Iverson such a goat level underdog player.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I used to hope Iverson would been the exception to that rule. Didn't even like 76ers but man was Iverson such a goat level underdog player.

The last guy to basically do it on his own was a former 76er.

Wilt Chamberlain

- - - Updated - - -

So any team that has ever won had 3 superstars in it?
Basically, for the most part. Or at least 2.

Go back to the Celtics an Lakers of the 80's, and the hall of famers on those rosters.

Go back to The lakers of the 2000's.

Or the Bulls of the 90's. That team had 3 hall of famers in it.

Th Knicks, Bullets, and Sonics of the 70's had loaded rosters.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Kevin Durant (top 3 player in basketball) joins the 73 win Warriors, and people actually thought Lebron and his Cavs had a chance this year? :lol:

Lebron put up a triple double last night, in 3 quarters. Shot 12 of 18, 14 assists, 11 boards. A very efficient and effective performance, and his team got slaughtered.

The benches are scoring at a similar rate per game. The big difference is that Tristan Thompson and JR Smith as 4th and 5th starter for the Cavs scored a grand total of 11 points in the first two games combined. Add to that Kyrie shooting in 36% range, and the Cavs are getting smashed.

The Cavs need Smith and Thompson to be more effective, and Kyrie to find his shooting stroke. If those things don't happen this a 4 game sweep with 15+ point wins in every game, even if Lebron shoots 60% and averages a triple double.
Oh noes, poor King James - his self-assembled, Madden-like super-team is having their asses handed to them ... oh dear lord :sad:

You know what - would have loved to see Lebron play just one game in the era of real, physical, hand-checking basket. I am pretty sure by HT he would shit his pants, being all curled up and whining like the mental midget of a bitch he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Lebron the whiny bitch, MJ would be averaging 60+ pts per game in this bitch fest that the NBA is these days.
MJ was doing 35+ pts with 2-3 physical guys hanging off his ass in the hand-checking era of basket, ffs.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh noes, poor King James - his self-assembled, Madden-like super-team is having their asses handed to them ... oh dear lord :sad:

You know what - would have loved to see Lebron play just one game in the era of real, physical, hand-checking basket. I am pretty sure by HT he would shit his pants, being all curled up and whining like the mental midget of a bitch he is.
One of the dumbest posts I've read from you. You're such an idiot about Lebron. :lol: He would have physically dominated pretty much everyone from that era.

And of course he would have played the physical game that was allowed then. Lebron would have dominated any era. Just like Jordan. Just like Kareem. Just like Magic. Just like Kobe. Only a complete moron thinks otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

And MJ averaging 60+ :lol:

More retardation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The last guy to basically do it on his own was a former 76er.

Wilt Chamberlain

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, for the most part. Or at least 2.

Go back to the Celtics an Lakers of the 80's, and the hall of famers on those rosters.

Go back to The lakers of the 2000's.

Or the Bulls of the 90's. That team had 3 hall of famers in it.

Th Knicks, Bullets, and Sonics of the 70's had loaded rosters.
2 superstars/allstars is not really a superteam though.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Hakeem and those Rockets teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure Hakeem was the only hall-of-gamer.

Edit. Forgot Drexler in year 2.
Hakeem as the only allstar on the 6th seed (?) Rockets winning a title against Robinson and Ewing. Epic. Then added Drexler and repeated

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Acmilan about LeBron reminds me of Post Ironic about Napoli Higuain or Messi. Super intense biased hatred :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Lebron the whiny bitch, MJ would be averaging 60+ pts per game in this bitch fest that the NBA is these days.
MJ was doing 35+ pts with 2-3 physical guys hanging off his ass in the hand-checking era of basket, ffs.
So true. Defensive 3 second rule and no handchecking ruined NBA. The lane is wide open for anyone to drive in and dunk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
2 superstars/allstars is not really a superteam though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hakeem as the only allstar on the 6th seed (?) Rockets winning a title against Robinson and Ewing. Epic. Then added Drexler and repeated
Most impressive thing I ever watched in an NBA finals. The crazy part is Hakeem was even better the next year when he absolutely dominated a young Shaq.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
One of the dumbest posts I've read from you. You're such an idiot about Lebron. :lol: He would have physically dominated pretty much everyone from that era.

And of course he would have played the physical game that was allowed then. Lebron would have dominated any era. Just like Jordan. Just like Kareem. Just like Magic. Just like Kobe. Only a complete moron thinks otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

More retardation.
Dominating in a physical game isn't just about height and talent, fucknuts, it also requires mental toughness.
No one is denying Lebron's pure, natural talent, in fact, in that department he may well be the most purely talented player ever.
What he lacks, by the ton, however is mental toughness and that is a huge factor in dominating a physical sport ... so no, you Lebron nut-grabber, it's not a given at all that he would have dominated back in those days, if anything, it's a given he wouldn't have.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Acmilan about LeBron reminds me of Post Ironic about Napoli Higuain or Messi. Super intense biased hatred :D

:lol:

This is true. It's so hard to keep myself from bashing Higuain now that he's our player. It takes far too much self-control. :D

I don't think I hate Messi as much as some on this forum though. I think he's the best player of this generation. I just think the margins are much smaller than some do.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

More retardation.
No one today would be able to guard MJ 1on1, and no handchecking and soft ass calls would give him 15 ppg from the freethrow line alone. 60 is maybe exaggerated but on a bad team and 3rd-4th year Jordan on it? Id give him 50

- - - Updated - - -

Most impressive thing I ever watched in an NBA finals. The crazy part is Hakeem was even better the next year when he absolutely dominated a young Shaq.
Too bad he only got Drexler so late in his career. Could have won 3-4 probably

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dominating in a physical game isn't just about height and talent, fucknuts, it also requires mental toughness.
No one is denying Lebron's pure, natural talent, in fact, in that department he may well be the most purely talented player ever.
What he lacks, by the ton, however is mental toughness and that is a huge factor in dominating a physical sport ... so no, you Lebron nut-grabber, it's not a given at all that he would have dominated back in those days, if anything, it's a given he wouldn't have.
Only fools glorify the past to this extent. I grew up watching those players. The athletes were in nowhere near the shape and condition they are in now. They were tougher, sure, but that's a product of the era and the style of player. Only a complete dunce would think Lebron would be the exact same player if he was growing up with the basketball style of that era.

You're really not worth responding to here. Onto ignore. I'm tired of reading rubbish.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I seen Wiggins have a game where he scored 24 pts just from free throws alone (48 in total), for a new viewer it was defenitely a glaring example of how soft NBA is now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No one today would be able to guard MJ 1on1, and no handchecking and soft ass calls would give him 15 ppg from the freethrow line alone. 60 is maybe exaggerated but on a bad team and 3rd-4th year Jordan on it? Id give him 50

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad he only got Drexler so late in his career. Could have won 3-4 probably
Sorry. No on is scoring 50ppg in this era. :lol:

How anyone can think such nonsense is beyond me. The top scorers in the current NBA each year are +- a couple points either side of 30. And you guys think MJ is going to come in and score 20 ppg more than that. Just pure nonsense. I'd give him 10% more than each years number 1 at best. Maybe 35 ppg.

Schemes are far more advanced defensively than they were back then.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sorry. No on is scoring 50ppg in this era. :lol:

How anyone can think such nonsense is beyond me. The top scorers in the current NBA each year are +- a couple points either side of 30. And you guys think MJ is going to come in and score 20 ppg more than that. Just pure nonsense. I'd give him 10% more than each years number 1 at best. Maybe 35 ppg.

Schemes are far more advanced defensively than they were back then.
The guy scored 37ppg as a 3rd year player after an injury that sidelined him for most of previous season. Sorry but early Jordan was unstoppable at the rim on teams filling up the paint with HOF 7footers and with no 3pt shooters around him. Now, with the NBA doing everything they can to make the game more attractive and easier for offensive players, by introducing the defensive 3 second rule and removing handchecking? Boy, whos gonna stop him from scoring at will? And how?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Jordan was outscoring 2nd place by about 2 ppg each season, back then. The scoring leaders charts were almost identical, only a couple % lower. One guy (Jordan) just over 30 ppg, and another half dozen between 24-29 ppg.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy scored 37ppg as a 3rd year player after an injury that sidelined him for most of previous season. Sorry but early Jordan was unstoppable at the rim on teams filling up the paint with HOF 7footers and with no 3pt shooters around him. Now, with the NBA doing everything they can to make the game more attractive and easier for offensive players, by introducing the defensive 3 second rule and removing handchecking? Boy, whos gonna stop him from scoring at will? And how?
:lol:

No one is scoring these huge numbers you two are talking about. Kobe didn't. Durant doesn't. Iverson didn't. Steph doesn't. Westbrook doesn't. No one does it.

The fact you guys think Jordan could average 50+ per game shows how delusional people get when glorifying the past. It's bizarre, unprovable, and incredibly unlikely. No evidence bears it out.

Jordan would be the top scorer in today's game. Just like he was then. But he'd be 2-3 ppg higher than the best scorers today, just like he was then.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I seen Wiggins have a game where he scored 24 pts just from free throws alone (48 in total), for a new viewer it was defenitely a glaring example of how soft NBA is now.

The softness in the game, players' mentality and referee calls is astounding, downright unwatchable. And it's been the case for many years now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 31)