The NBA Thread (57 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lebron with the best 2 game stretch in finals history. Especially considering they were elimination games.

Fucking incredible. What an absolute monster:

Game 5: 16-30 / 4-8 (3pt) / 41 pts / 16 boards (4 offensive) / 7 assists / 3 steals / 3 blocks / 2 turnovers

Game 6: 16-27 / 3-6 (3pt) / 41 pts / 8 boards (2 offensive) / 11 assists / 4 steals / 3 blocks / 1 turnover

Best 2 game finals stretch ever. :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

Skip Bayless going mental bashing Lebron on twitter. :lol:

LeBron is talkin' big bad stuff after he blocked the shot of a 6-3 guard who can't really jump??? Give me a break.
What a weak sixth foul call on the 2-time MVP. What a bunch of tacky-tack calls on Steph Curry. Refs are all Witnesses.
No Bogut protecting rim. Iguodala has kept LeBron from rim 5 straight games - now HE can't move. NO WONDER LEBRON HAVING "GREAT" GAME.
This adoration of LeBron James is highly amusing.
No greater frontrunner than the King.
:lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Last 3 players to have back-to-back 40 point games in NBA finals:

Lebron James - 2016
Shaq - 2000
Michael Jordan - 1993

Now that's some rare company.

And to average 12 boards, 9 assists, 3.5 steals, 3 blocks in the 2 games as well. Insane.

Mar 9, 2006
Golden State fans butthurt is something special - "nba is rigged" "they need money so referees gonna help Cavs"
[video=twitter;743659380202049536]https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/743659380202049536[/video]

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
1993, Jordan did 4 games straight with over 40 points. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Has this ever been done before:

Barring an absolutely disastrous Game 7, clearcut finals MVP, even if Cleveland loses.
Ahh no wonder, the GOAT would be the one and only, I dont think that record would be beaten anytime soon..

On Lebron, yes, and I am not even a fan of his, but yes, he deserves the Finals MVP!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ahh no wonder, the GOAT would be the one and only, I dont think that record would be beaten anytime soon..

On Lebron, yes, and I am not even a fan of his, but yes, he deserves the Finals MVP!
I never liked him in the past... Great player, but always annoyed me...

But starting with coming back to Cleveland and putting that team on his shoulders in the NBA finals last year with Kyrie and Love injured like he did, and taking responsibility for the loss, not blaming it on the injuries, I really began to like him a lot more. And seeing him play in this finals again this year, and the absolutely immense impact he has on every facet of the game. Incredible.

I checked. From 1960-2014, no player ever led an NBA finals in points, assists, rebounds... Lebron was the first, last year... This year he could repeat that, plus lead the finals in blocks and steals. Crazy to witness this.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah let's see him do it vs malone, stockton, magic, drexler, ewing etc.
Jordan will always be the greatest in my opinion. No one comes close.

But what Lebron is doing against a 73 win team is incredible. It's "Jordan-esque", and it's damn cool to see.

Oct 30, 2013
WOW he was unbelievable! Bow to the KING!

+ Watching post game interviews, you can see the fear of losing title in Thompson's choice of words! Really hope Cavs take the last game as well. They certainly can beat the Warriors in their home turf.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Slept this one out, i knew Cavs will win the next 2 once Green got suspended. The momentum is clearly shifted to them now, should take this home

James with a great performance i see, Curry fouled out. What was with iguodala, i read he got some injury? Hopefully it is nothing serious so we see a real fight in game 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 49)