The NBA Thread (105 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is so ridiculous I can't believe you think this. I watched that series as closely as anyone else and it's simply not true. He scored whether Leonard was on the floor or not, scored in all quarters, but his team was blown out of the water by a far superior team.

You literally cannot suck while shooting 57%, 52% from 3 and putting up a line of 28.2ppg-7.8rbg-4apg-2bpg. This is basketball, it's not some esoteric sport where there are bizarre intangibles that can completely negate those stats.

You could have made a reasonable statement and said he could have performed better, a couple more ppg, a little more aggression, but to say he "sucked" or choked is the definition of being an irrational hater à la Skip Bayless and blindly ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

And yes, I think he could have done even better than he did, but he played damn well and his team got destroyed anyways. That series was always a loss with the way his teammates failed to show up.
Since you love stats so much, Wade 15, Bosh 14, Allen 10 ppg and even Beasley and Lewis had 9ppg. Isnt this enough help for the best player in the league in his prime coming of 2 title/MVP seasons? Leonard did a fantastic job on him defensively and shut him down during the periods the game was within reach (ofcourse he still scored, do you expect a 3rd year Leonard to hold him on 0-10 shooting when guarding him). But fact is, James scored most his points on blowout situations and was outplayed by Leonard on both ends of the floor when the games were still there to grab for each team. He also managed to be useless on defense the entire series for the supposed great defender he is. Yeah, he was terrible

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Since you love stats so much, Wade 15, Bosh 14, Allen 10 ppg and even Beasley and Lewis had 9ppg. Isnt this enough help for the best player in the league in his prime coming of 2 title/MVP seasons? Leonard did a fantastic job on him defensively and shut him down during the periods the game was within reach (ofcourse he still scored, do you expect a 3rd year Leonard to hold him on 0-10 shooting when guarding him). But fact is, James scored most his points on blowout situations and was outplayed by Leonard on both ends of the floor when the games were still there to grab for each team. He also managed to be useless on defense the entire series for the supposed great defender he is. Yeah, he was terrible
Yeah. You're really just making shit up man. It's cool if that's what you want to do. :lol:

And no, that's not enough help. His teammates just didn't make shots. And James was useless defensively? :lol:

Wade was useless defensively in that series. Bosh was useless defensively in that series. Beasley was also useless defensively. Allen was a cripple who actually didn't play defense.

It's hard to be an amazing defender when the other team is blowing your teammates off the floor.

I really don't think you paid attention to that series at all, aside from selectively picking out any poor minutes from James which were few. James engaged in a tough series long battle with Leonard and the rest of his team got destroyed. That's exactly what that series was.

I'm done with this argument. There's rational: he slightly underperformed; and there's full-blown absurd: he sucked. Way to choose the Skip Bayless version.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah. You're really just making shit up man. It's cool if that's what you want to do. :lol:

And no, that's not enough help. His teammates just didn't make shots. And James was useless defensively? :lol:

Wade was useless defensively in that series. Bosh was useless defensively in that series. Beasley was also useless defensively. Allen was a cripple who actually didn't play defense.

It's hard to be an amazing defender when the other team is blowing your teammates off the floor.

I really don't think you paid attention to that series at all, aside from selectively picking out any poor minutes from James which were few. James engaged in a tough series long battle with Leonard and the rest of his team got destroyed. That's exactly what that series was.

I'm done with this argument. There's rational: he slightly underperformed; and there's full-blown absurd: he sucked. Way to choose the Skip Bayless version.
:lol::sergio:

im ok that youre done with this because its pointless and you simply dont want to accept facts. "James engaged in a tough series long battle with Leonard and the rest of his team got destroyed." :lol:

also the way you bring up skip bayless constantly :sergio:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Because you sound exactly like him. :p :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't talk about not accepting facts, you're arguing entirely subjective opinions, I'm the one providing facts. Not you.

We disagree. It's not the end of the world. It's kind of fun. :weee:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Because you sound exactly like him. :p :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't talk about not accepting facts, you're arguing entirely subjective opinions, I'm the one providing facts. Not you.

We disagree. It's not the end of the world. It's kind of fun. :weee:
youre not :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

when is the draft anyway

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So is no one considering the possibility that the reason other Warriors are stepping it up is because teams focus on shutting Steph down, this leaving his teammates open?

That's what it looks like to me. No way the Warriors win or get that far without Curry.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So is no one considering the possibility that the reason other Warriors are stepping it up is because teams focus on shutting Steph down, this leaving his teammates open?

That's what it looks like to me. No way the Warriors win or get that far without Curry.
Teams have been doubling and tripling Lebron for 10 years. They did the same to Kobe. Neither of these guys got a free pass for anytime they played as poorly as Curry has.

Shooting percentage dropped 8 points. PPG dropped 7.5 - Assists dropped 1.5 - steals dropped 1.5 - From regular season to finals. That's just poor regardless of how he's being guarded.

Yes, he's still a massively important part of his team. But his level of play has been very mediocre in these finals for the first unanimous MVP of all time.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Teams have been doubling and tripling Lebron for 10 years. They did the same to Kobe. Neither of these guys got a free pass for anytime they played as poorly as Curry has.

Shooting percentage dropped 8 points. PPG dropped 7.5 - Assists dropped 1.5 - steals dropped 1.5 - From regular season to finals. That's just poor regardless of how he's being guarded.

Yes, he's still a massively important part of his team. But his level of play has been very mediocre in these finals for the first unanimous MVP of all time.
His ppg dropped all the way to 26. Come on, that is not a significant decrease at all. And small guys like Curry are easier to guard up on, he doesn't have the ability to power through, but he still gets it done.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention he gets rotated a lot more than opposing players so he doesn't get to see as much of the ball.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His ppg dropped all the way to 26. Come on, that is not a significant decrease at all. And small guys like Curry are easier to guard up on, he doesn't have the ability to power through, but he still gets it done.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention he gets rotated a lot more than opposing players so he doesn't get to see as much of the ball.
Nah. I'm talking about the NBA finals, not the playoffs.

He's averaging 22.2 (30.1 regular season) points per game 42.4% (50.4% regular season) shooting in the finals. And his assists are only at 4.6 per game (6.7 regular season)... So he's not making for his reduced scoring by creating baskets for others. That's very poor. He's not getting it done in my opinion. He's playing alright, but decidedly mediocre as I said, for a guy that's supposed to be the best player in basketball.

He's being hailed as the best player in basketball, he should be judged by that standard. By the stand MJ was judged by, Kobe was judged by, Lebron is judged by. And he's not even close to living up to it in this finals so far. A dominant Game 6, or if it goes to 7, in game 7 could completely change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, that's just my opinion on it. I find it amusing that certain players get a pass from the media and fans... Durant and Curry are prime examples. While others get constantly bombarded no matter how well they perform.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cool. I was just wondering if he was this year's Porzingis. I know very little about him.

So Ingram it is then, eh...
The problem with Bender is that teams know very little about him as well. He barely played in Israel.

Yes, Ingram is my guy. Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy with Simmons as well. Either one of those two. As long as they don't trade the pick or go in a different direction

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nah. I'm talking about the NBA finals, not the playoffs.

He's averaging 22.2 (30.1 regular season) points per game 42.4% (50.4% regular season) shooting in the finals. And his assists are only at 4.6 per game (6.7 regular season)... So he's not making for his reduced scoring by creating baskets for others. That's very poor. He's not getting it done in my opinion. He's playing alright, but decidedly mediocre as I said, for a guy that's supposed to be the best player in basketball.

He's being hailed as the best player in basketball, he should be judged by that standard. By the stand MJ was judged by, Kobe was judged by, Lebron is judged by. And he's not even close to living up to it in this finals so far. A dominant Game 6, or if it goes to 7, in game 7 could completely change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, that's just my opinion on it. I find it amusing that certain players get a pass from the media and fans... Durant and Curry are prime examples. While others get constantly bombarded no matter how well they perform.
I agree that he's getting more of a pass than say, Lebron. But I wouldn't call his numbers mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 98)