The NBA Thread (44 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sarcasm is all the basketball pundits who started the season saying that last season's GS Warriors was a fluke and they'd fade from the best teams in the league quickly at the start of this season. :pumpkin:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Curry has hit 402 threes this season which is insane. No one has ever hit more than 300 threes in a single season. Previous record was also held by Curry when he hit 286 threes last season. In addition, Klay Thompson has hit 276 threes this season which is 3rd best all time, behind Currys records from this and last season

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Brandon Bass declined his player option. Brings the Lakers' cap space to 60 million for next year.

That is a ton of cap space. Spend it wisely.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Brandon Bass declined his player option. Brings the Lakers' cap space to 60 million for next year.

That is a ton of cap space. Spend it wisely.
im reading about DeRozan. id personally try to draft Simmons and go for Whiteside. but then they would need a 3 point threat on 3 or 4 instead of Randle... wonder if they keep rebuilding or try to build a competitive team again

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If they Kepp their pick, they should trade it for Cousins, and go all out for Durant/Butler..
Depends on what else the Lakers have to give Sacramento.

If they want the #2 AND Russell or Randle, then no way. Never. Cousins has a terrible attitude.

What I would like to see, and I think this is prudent and possible, is the following.

Do not under any circumstance, think that you can build it all back up again in 1 year, because you just can't.

So, priority #1 is re-signing Clarkson so that the backcourt can be set for the next 5 years.

Priority #2, is determining whether they should keep that #2 pick, and whether the value they can get for an established player is better than the potential of drafting an all-star, of which I think there are three potential players, (Simmons, Ingram, Murray), but only 2 of them (Simmons and Ingram) with the potential to not only be all-stars, but all-NBA type players. If it were up to me, I'm keeping that pick.

So, let's say that Philadelphia takes Simmons #1. That leaves Ingram (my favorite player in this draft), as the #2, and he moves right into the small forward spot, where his athleticism and his NBA 3 point shooting range just opens everything up and is a perfect fit for what they have right now.

So, with that, you have 4 million in cap space taken for the #2 slot, and with clarkson signing a deal somewhere in the 15-16 million per year range, that leaves you with around 40 million.

What to do, what to do.

First thing I would do is get a rim protector, and there is no better one right now than Hassan Whiteside. He should be the first priority.

Next, I would get a swingman who can play the 2 or 3, and do it very efficiently. Hello Nicholas Batum.

So, the roster would be like this, and still have cap space

PG-Russell
SG- Clarkson
SF-Ingram
PF- Randle
C- Whiteside

Bench

Lou Williams
Nicholas Batum
Larry Nance Jr
Anthony Brown

I will take that any day of the week as a good start for the future.

- - - Updated - - -

im reading about DeRozan. id personally try to draft Simmons and go for Whiteside. but then they would need a 3 point threat on 3 or 4 instead of Randle... wonder if they keep rebuilding or try to build a competitive team again
Read Just below you :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
was reading it now :D no idea how good Ingram is, ive seen a lot of videos of Simmons and i love his vision and playmaking abilities for a player his size. if he can get his shooting to atleast a decent level you get a top 5 player in the league out of him. from what you just said Ingram has a 3 point shot so he would be the better fit for what we already have, but Simmons is just too tempting to not build a team around him. agree on Whiteside, we wont get a better opportunity for a potential top center anytime soon, absolute beast under the basket

about Batum, wouldnt sign him on a long term contract. 1+1 player option or 2+1 team option, something like that would be good. your team looks good but still lacks a backup PG and center. wonder if Brandon Jennings would be a good backup PG. hes born in LA so im sure hed love to play for the Lakers. no idea about backup C/PF

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
was reading it now :D no idea how good Ingram is, ive seen a lot of videos of Simmons and i love his vision and playmaking abilities for a player his size. if he can get his shooting to atleast a decent level you get a top 5 player in the league out of him. from what you just said Ingram has a 3 point shot so he would be the better fit for what we already have, but Simmons is just too tempting to not build a team around him. agree on Whiteside, we wont get a better opportunity for a potential top center anytime soon, absolute beast under the basket

about Batum, wouldnt sign him on a long term contract. 1+1 player option or 2+1 team option, something like that would be good. your team looks good but still lacks a backup PG and center. wonder if Brandon Jennings would be a good backup PG. hes born in LA so im sure hed love to play for the Lakers. no idea about backup C/PF
I love Brandon Ingram. I just love him. He can shoot, he can rebound, he can play defense, he has tremendous wingspan, and once his body fills out, he is going to be really dangerous. As far as simmons in concerned, I am really disturbed by his nonchalant attitude. Being a Kentucky fan, I watch a lot of SEC basketball, and whenever Simmons is on, when things are going well, he's great, but when they are not, he totally disappears. And furthermore, a team like the one LSU had should have easily made the NCAA tournament. Not only did they not make it, but they embarrassed themselves in the SEC tournament as well.

Ingram came from a well established program, and came to play in the big games. That is the kind of kid I want on the Lakers. I chose Batum because he can be a swing 2-3, whereas nance can also be a swing 3-4 off the bench.

As far as point guards go, they can get themselves a defensive stopper that would cost a lot less than a Brandon Jennings would. Same with the Center position, but they could go small if needed on occasion as well

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I love Brandon Ingram. I just love him. He can shoot, he can rebound, he can play defense, he has tremendous wingspan, and once his body fills out, he is going to be really dangerous. As far as simmons in concerned, I am really disturbed by his nonchalant attitude. Being a Kentucky fan, I watch a lot of SEC basketball, and whenever Simmons is on, when things are going well, he's great, but when they are not, he totally disappears. And furthermore, a team like the one LSU had should have easily made the NCAA tournament. Not only did they not make it, but they embarrassed themselves in the SEC tournament as well.

Ingram came from a well established program, and came to play in the big games. That is the kind of kid I want on the Lakers. I chose Batum because he can be a swing 2-3, whereas nance can also be a swing 3-4 off the bench.

As far as point guards go, they can get themselves a defensive stopper that would cost a lot less than a Brandon Jennings would. Same with the Center position, but they could go small if needed on occasion as well
didnt know about that, i saw videos of Simmons and 1-2 full games because i heard how talented he is and the Lakers could get him with a top pick but had no idea about his attitude problems. i never saw Ingram but im gonna trust you here, ill check him out next few days.

i would like Batum as a 6th-7th man kinda guy, im just not sure he would accept such role and im not sure if his salary demands would be acceptable. if yes, then id love him. backup PG and C/PF is not that important anyway, i just liked Jennings since his Euroleague year and would like to see him play for the Lakers.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
didnt know about that, i saw videos of Simmons and 1-2 full games because i heard how talented he is and the Lakers could get him with a top pick but had no idea about his attitude problems. i never saw Ingram but im gonna trust you here, ill check him out next few days.

i would like Batum as a 6th-7th man kinda guy, im just not sure he would accept such role and im not sure if his salary demands would be acceptable. if yes, then id love him. backup PG and C/PF is not that important anyway, i just liked Jennings since his Euroleague year and would like to see him play for the Lakers.

Who does he remind you of?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
huge guy running the floor like that, id say Durant

- - - Updated - - -

7-3 wingspan wtf :dazed:

Bingo

And with a wingspan like that, what small forward would be able to block his shot?

Which is why I don't understand where it is practically written in stone that Simmons is the better prospect.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bingo

And with a wingspan like that, what small forward would be able to block his shot?

Which is why I don't understand where it is practically written in stone that Simmons is the better prospect.
i checked them both now, Simmons has the better stats (which is probably why people see him as the bigger prospect) but Ingram is a whole year younger. i know 2 people that follow NCAA on a weekly basis atleast, and they both told me to check Simmons out when i asked them about interesting prospects (that was 4 months ago though). i dont watch NBA as regularly as i used to, yet alone the NCAA of which i know as little as about the Chinese Basketball League nowadays (i didnt even know who Ingram was until half an hour ago). i'll watch some more Ingram videos, physically hes awesome and has a great shot too. could be the type of player i love

- - - Updated - - -

oh and he plays for Duke, i always liked their players. Mike Krzyzewski is a fantastic coach for developing young players. another + for Ingram

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 41)