The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Kobe is done sadly. hes clearly not a forward, shoots way too many 3s, is a liability defensively and is nowhere near the player he was. hope he plays this season out and retires or goes to Europe/China if he still insists on playing.

as for the Lakers, i dont know how good the draft class is this year but they should spend another year at the bottom of the league and try to draft one more (or two) young talented player(s). at this point, i think we have no chance on Durant or any other top free agent (was hoping we could get Durant this year and either trade for Westbrook or get him a year later, but that wont happen sadly), so getting a new coach (sorry Byron) and try to get back to the top with this group of young players.

it will take a while, but i dont think we have any other choice
The problem with this year's pick is that it is only Top 3 protected. They will have a gazillion dollars in Cap Space next year, but it all depends on who they get. I want them to suck really really badly, but still see improvement with Randle, Clardson, Russell, and Nance. The only way I think that this can happen is if they all play 36 minutes per game.

Maybe get lucky and get the 1st pick in the draft and get Ben Simmons

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The problem with this year's pick is that it is only Top 3 protected. They will have a gazillion dollars in Cap Space next year, but it all depends on who they get. I want them to suck really really badly, but still see improvement with Randle, Clardson, Russell, and Nance. The only way I think that this can happen is if they all play 36 minutes per game.

Maybe get lucky and get the 1st pick in the draft and get Ben Simmons
they suck so much this year that i think they will have no problem keeping the pick, even if its protected. i read about Simmons a little and it would be amazing if he comes to the Lakers. he seems like something between a 3 and 4 though so i dont know how hed fit with Randle and Nance already here but thats a different topic.

i really wish they kept Upshaw and Jabari Brown, and got rid of Kelly, Sacre and traded Young for a draft pick or something. Anthony Brown is still here but he doesent even play so i have no clue how good he is. think he was a great defender in college, he should get a chance atleast

getting the top pick and drafting Simmons should be the goal for the summer. Russell, Clarkson, Simmons, Randle starting with A. Brown, Nance, Black + another player from the next draft eventually (not sure if we have any more picks), maybe getting Upshaw and Jabari back if possible, add a few solid veterans and that looks like a good team with lots of potential. maybe we will be able to attract atleast some all star calibre player in 2017 if we cant get the superstars

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Kobe :sigh:

Please let this be it, man. This is such a bad way to go out. No more after this season. Please.

And can someone tell Byron Scott that it is perfectly OK to play Randle, Clarkson, Russell and Nance in the 4th quarter even if they are getting blown out by 40? These kids need to play, and play a lot
Yeah.... I think it's time. It's super sad to see him decline like this.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
good luck in your post basketball life champ, the NBA will never be the same without you

the only thing i can do now is enjoy the remaining games with him :sad:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He needs to be in the TNT studio for the playoffs this year. He, Shaq, Barkley, Kenny, and Ernie in the same studio.

It would actually give me a reason to watch the playoffs.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
NBA - where fans wanting their team to lose happens :D

seriously though, it was really nice to see Kobe winning a game like this again. but get back to losing games again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)