The NBA Thread (20 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There are rumors that Pau Gasol could go to the Thunder or the Spurs via a sign and trade for a young player and an expiring contract. Don't know what the Spurs would offer, but I hear Kendrick Perkins and Jeremy Lamb for Gasol.

- - - Updated - - -

And in other, more important news, I think I've fallen in love with Josina Anderson

- - - Updated - - -

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers?

You better be giving us some first round draft picks to take on that joke of a player

- - - Updated - - -

Lin and a 1st round pick to the Lakers :howler:

Oh, thank god his contract expires next year, or I would have had a stroke
oh wtf? i thought we were getting him. i wanted the pick.

how's Nash doing lately?
he hasn't been doing anything.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Martin is right, it could be worse. He could be Kobe where he earns 30 million and doesn't play.
Kobe got injured because he was trying to come back too soon from his achilles.

Nash is different because his contract got vested once his buddy D'Antoni did him a solid and played him in just enough games to qualify.

Big difference.

And Kobe, for all his faults has earned that money far more than Steve Nash could EVER hope to.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys got greedy, wanted one of our good picks.
I don't even know what pick the Lakers got back

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You guys got greedy, wanted one of our good picks.
Exactly why I was looking forward to Lin.

Kobe got injured because he was trying to come back too soon from his achilles.

Nash is different because his contract got vested once his buddy D'Antoni did him a solid and played him in just enough games to qualify.

Big difference.

And Kobe, for all his faults has earned that money far more than Steve Nash could EVER hope to.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know what pick the Lakers got back
I know, was just teasing :p

The Rockets to win the West imo. Or maybe not, a lot of competition over there now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
A 1st rounder plus "future draft considerations".
I'm just wondering what 1st round pick it is.

See, the thing is, I want the Lakers to suck badly again this year, because their pick that is supposed to go to Phoenix is Top 5 protected this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant for him.
Well, if you were getting paid 10 million knowing that nothing is expected of you, how would you feel? :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm just wondering what 1st round pick it is.

See, the thing is, I want the Lakers to suck badly again this year, because their pick that is supposed to go to Phoenix is Top 5 protected this year.
It's next year's pick. It's not the Pelicans pick, which we don't even really have yet.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This wasn't just about Basketball.

This was about his attachment to where he is from. This is about trying to right the wrong. This meant more to him than basketball. This meant returning home
Yes. Because as I said before when we were having discussions, Lebron doesn't need LA or NY. He's too massive to be dependent on markets. The only thing he needs is winning and his home can offer him that for a long, long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)