The NBA Thread (81 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Cleared almost 10 million without giving up Waiters, Irving, Bennett, or Wiggins.

that sound you are hearing are all the #23 cavaliers jerseys being taken off the discount rack and back in regular rotation.

Dude deserves a lot of credit for this. Going back and building bridges again. Really makes you think what these other eastern conference teams are thinking when they are willingly making these trades with a team that now has eliminated you as having even a remote chance of competing
Wouod do wonders for his image and his legacy if he can bring a championship to Cleveland.

As for your second point, a good GM will do what is best for his team regardless, Boston made out very good of this deal, Zeller and thornton are good assets plus a first round pick, those are valuable.
Billy king of the nets is dumb tough.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a done deal?
No, between the heat and the Cavs but the rumors are strong that he's coming back and this last deal only confim it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wouod do wonders for his image and his legacy if he can bring a championship to Cleveland.

As for your second point, a good GM will do what is best for his team regardless, Boston made out very good of this deal, Zeller and thornton are good assets plus a first round pick, those are valuable.
Billy king of the nets is dumb tough.

- - - Updated - - -

No, between the heat and the Cavs but the rumors are strong that he's coming back and this last deal only confim it.

Boston now has 65 million in guaranteed contracts, and the first round pick is Top 10 protected. If they are trying to get Love, I don't know if they have the pieces to do so, and now with Zeller and Thornton on the team, they can't move them for another 90 days. The real reason why Boston made this trade was to get another 1st round pick, but it will be an awful pick if Lebron goes back to the Cavs. THe players acquired were a necessity because they had a trade exemption that was expiring on Saturday.

I'm watching ESPN, and they are saying that the Cavs are going after Ray Allen and Mike Miller now as well

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shit, I forgot that they have Tristan Thompson as well. Goddamn, what a young stable of players they have.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

The heartbreak tough if Lebron snubs the cavs again after everyone started believing he is coming back !!
You can see why I can't understand why Boston would have made this deal. I mean Zeller is OK but Thompson is a chucker, but Boston already has Rondo, Smart, Bradley, Pressey, et al in the backcourt. I think that they could have done something better with that trade exception.

And it would suck for Cavs fans if this doesn't happen

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
They are also rumours that they are in advanced talks with the wolves for KLove with Wiggins going the other way.

Irving-Waiters-James-Love-Varejao

Game over :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They are also rumours that they are in advanced talks with the wolves for KLove with Wiggins going the other way.

Irving-Waiters-James-Love-Varejao

Game over :D
It would require Wiggins and Tristan Thompson, at the very least, to get him. If they do that, though, their bench will be, well, Bennett, you, and me. And Ray Allen. And honestly, Love would ruin the floor spacing for them, at least Thompson is down low type of Power forward. You will have plenty of perimeter dudes in Waiters, Irving, and Lebron, you need bangers and rim protectors.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
It would require Wiggins and Tristan Thompson, at the very least, to get him. If they do that, though, their bench will be, well, Bennett, you, and me. And Ray Allen. And honestly, Love would ruin the floor spacing for them, at least Thompson is down low type of Power forward. You will have plenty of perimeter dudes in Waiters, Irving, and Lebron, you need bangers and rim protectors.
They could fill bench with ring chasers for the vet min. IDK that lineup looks very strong. Klove is a beast and would benefit from playing with lebron, kyrie is kyrie and waiters is very talented. Varejao is great pick n roll player and a capable defender, i think that team would be favourite !!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They could fill bench with ring chasers for the vet min. IDK that lineup looks very strong. Klove is a beast and would benefit from playing with lebron, kyrie is kyrie and waiters is very talented. Varejao is great pick n roll player and a capable defender, i think that team would be favourite !!
The problem is that Love is awful defensively. Beyond awful. Yes, he's a good shooter and great rebounder, but when I see him play, the dude is a stat padder to me. He would have trouble functioning in this type of offense, where he would be the third option. Yes, I said third option, because Kyrie Irving would have to be the 2nd option. He is getting paid as such.

All this talk about Melo to the Lakers is depressing the mighty fuck out of me.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
now this is an interesting thing to happen. with these trades the Cavs seem to be in pole for Lebrons signature. more will be known after his meeting with Riley (is it today?). i still think he will stay in Miami

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Fuck the Cavs. Seriously, fuck the Cavs. Two #1 picks in a row and now Lebron? No fucking way. Fuck them and I hope they burn in hell. This will not happen.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If I were Lebron, and I have said that he should stay with Miami and continue what they have going there if they can get help, but the Cavs situation is such an enticing one.

They are young, talented (Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Wiggins), to the point that even if it takes a couple of years and Lebron is 32 by the time they win a title, his game has evolved in that losing a step won't hurt him like it would most players. His basketball IQ is off the charts, and he finally has a post up game. He could evolve later in his career to where they won't be able to label him by position. He could literally be whatever the Cavs need him to be.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:D ???? - Kobe - Melo - Randle - Gasol looks really good on paper. im curious to see how Kobe and Melo would work though...

No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Kobe- Bledsoe-Monroe-Randle-???

Much more athletic, quicker, defensively sound team with outside shooting, penetrating capabilities, and rim protection.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Kobe- Bledsoe-Monroe-Randle-???

Much more athletic, quicker, defensively sound team with outside shooting, penetrating capabilities, and rim protection.
that would be better, but do Buss and Kuptchak think the same? and your ??? could be one of Luol Deng/Chandler Parsons. could they afford one of them after adding Bledsoe and Monroe???

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
that would be better, but do Buss and Kuptchak think the same? and your ??? could be one of Luol Deng/Chandler Parsons. could they afford one of them after adding Bledsoe and Monroe???

Well, who could they afford if they add Melo and Gasol?

They would need to get a point guard in that instance, and who would they be able to pick up?

IN the 2nd scenario, they would need to get a SF. That is lower hanging fruit than Point guards happen to be these days.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
idk man. there's so many point guards out there right now. good ones too.

But who could they get for the veteran minimum or the MLE? LA's biggest problem is they don't have a PG who can play defense, and aside from Bledsoe, there aren't any available.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm looking at the list of free agent point guards available.

Isaiah Thomas is the 2nd best point guard available. ANd not the 50 year old Thomas either. The munchkin who played for Sacramento.

Yeah. No.

Try and get Monroe and Bledsoe, move Monroe to the 5, and see if they can get a Trevor Ariza to defend the wing and stretch the court on offense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 75)