The NBA Thread (70 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I would rather try to sign Bledsoe and Monroe and keep some Cap flexibility over the next two seasons, to be honest. Nash's contract expires next year, so there's another 10 million off the books, Kobe's expires in 2016, and there's another 23 million off of the books. If you have a trio of Bledsoe, Randle, and Monroe to build around, with all that cap space available to you, well, you could do a lot worse than that.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to have players to have a bench, and so far they only have 5 :D. Bench won't be the problem, I would think.
:D

Yeah, but I can't see all three of them starting.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They would find a way, I'm sure. I really don't want it to happen though
didnt Melo play some kind of a stretch 4 last season? i think they would find a way to play all 3 if they sign them.

btw. thanks for sharing your point of view. i think you have a good point there but i think the Lakers dont look at the things the same way as you. they have Bryant for "just" 2 more years and they gave him 24M a year. it doesent look like rebuilding to me. Bledsoe, Monroe and Parsons/Deng would make a great team too together with Bryant, Gasol and the 2 rookies, but i think they are looking for a superstar this summer and what you said is probably the plan B if they fail to get Melo and/or LBJ. also, another problem is Nash. they can either trade him and lose more picks or keep him and dont have enough cap space. but would anyone be ready to take Nash... i also think if they fail to land a franchise player this summer, they will try to make a team that would allow them to chase Love in 2015. and Durant in 2016. those 2 strike me as the players the Lakers would try to sign :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Lebron going back home? Damn, that would be something..

Also with Irving, Wiggins and potentially Love who says he'd love to join the Cavs if Lebron signs.. why not?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lebron going back home? Damn, that would be something..

Also with Irving, Wiggins and potentially Love who says he'd love to join the Cavs if Lebron signs.. why not?
i doubt he would go back there. he left in a "not nice" way and the fans havent forgot that. also, i think he wants to play in a bigger market (LA, NY, Chicago, Miami, Houston, Dallas) where he could earn a lot of money off the court. he will also ask for a max contract which Cleveland cant give him

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I do think he'll go for a bigger team than Cleveland. I see Lakers as a possibility but the East is too easy to pass up.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
i doubt he would go back there. he left in a "not nice" way and the fans havent forgot that. also, i think he wants to play in a bigger market (LA, NY, Chicago, Miami, Houston, Dallas) where he could earn a lot of money off the court. he will also ask for a max contract which Cleveland cant give him
His intensions were never to not leave in a bad way. The decision was blown out of proportion.
I do think he'll go for a bigger team than Cleveland. I see Lakers as a possibility but the East is too easy to pass up.
This is the NBA, not football. Big team don't mean as much. Good rosters is everything. Cleveland has players for Lebron to compete until his late 30's. Cleveland have declining Kobe who is owed tons of money the next two years and will limit their potential. Cleveland has it all, the roster, the young stars, plenty of pieces to trade for better players and a future. Miami don't have that with Wade declining pretty hard and Bosh being as old as Lebron.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
His intensions were never to not leave in a bad way. The decision was blown out of proportion.

This is the NBA, not football. Big team don't mean as much. Good rosters is everything. Cleveland has players for Lebron to compete until his late 30's. Cleveland have declining Kobe who is owed tons of money the next two years and will limit their potential. Cleveland has it all, the roster, the young stars, plenty of pieces to trade for better players and a future. Miami don't have that with Wade declining pretty hard and Bosh being as old as Lebron.
are you from USA? do you know the difference between the big markets like LA, NY, Chicago and a unattractive city like Cleveland?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
are you from USA? do you know the difference between the big markets like LA, NY, Chicago and a unattractive city like Cleveland?
not the point, players have no time to waste seasons on rebuilding and waiting for cap space to clear up.

also lebron isn't dependent on big markets

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
not the point, players have no time to waste seasons on rebuilding and waiting for cap space to clear up.

yes, thats why the big 3 chose Miami and not Toronto or Cleveland. also, he would make a contender team in most of the big markets he could join

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think the Lakers could be contenders next year if they get LeBron. Add K.Love and you already have a Kobe who will be ready for the playoffs and Gasol on top of that. Its far fetched but it could happen. Not to mention all the veterans that are free agents and may be willing to play a year for chump change just to get a ring.

I hope it doesn't happen but it definitely could.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
yes, thats why the big 3 chose Miami and not Toronto or Cleveland. also, he would make a contender team in most of the big markets he could join
Miami is not a big market.

And they chose Miami because it was the only place that could have the 3 of them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

From a basketball standpoint, no. But for the big picture, and where he wants to be as he transitions himself from the sports world to the business world, he absolutely needs to do what he is doing in a big market.

this isn't just about winning titles with him anymore. This is about building his brand and his cache for when he goes into the business world.

Magic and MJ don't become who they are in the financial world if they had won their titles in Seattle and Milwaukee, respectively. They have both said as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 54)