The NBA Thread (45 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
They were talking about either the Rockets or the Cavs last night. I just had the info before you. The Rockets offered to Asik which was stupid IMO. If they got Bynum, that would be awesome. But now they're going to end up with all these prospects and picks and nothing to show for it.
The Bulls will likely match Asik contract, Morey the GM of the rockets is a great GM but he's in a tricky situation, Les Alexander the owner don't want to thank and wants to remain competitive and Morey needs to deliver a Star player, there are two ways for that, either to Draft very high, ( Rockets won't get that ) or through FA, and Morey still can't get any big name to sign. He kept on stocking picks and prospect for 3 years now but he can't get his hand on the right player, he wanted to pair M.Gasol with Pau but failed, he wanted Deron and failed and now he wants dwight at all coasts, i'm intrigued how he will proceed if he can't get dwight!.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cheesio, u mad?????

Salvo, come on down and give me a smooch.

Of course, it's "Pending League Approval"

Thankfully, the league does not own any of these 4 teams

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Iggy, it's been real. I really really liked the dude and am sad he gets to go. I guess we get Bynum but it doesn't really help.

And fuck the Lakers. Heat will screw them over easily.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol:

Easily? Going to be a good matchup for sure. Couple good, but undersized bigs in Miami; really don't see them being able to handle Howard & Gasol.

Anyway, forget Miami and LA.

Going to be all about the Raps this year. Lowry, Fields, Valanciunas, and Ross - look out, world. This might be the most exciting offseason for Toronto fans in 5+ years :p

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:lol:

Easily? Going to be a good matchup for sure. Couple good, but undersized bigs in Miami; really don't see them being able to handle Howard & Gasol.

Anyway, forget Miami and LA.

Going to be all about the Raps this year. Lowry, Fields, Valanciunas, and Ross - look out, world. This might be the most exciting offseason for Toronto fans in 5+ years :p
Easily. Take my word for it.

And yeah, good luck with the Rapids.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But then again, ALC, as is par for the course, you absolutely do not see the forest for the trees here, and realize that the Sixers got the 2nd best player in this trade.

But you would rather choose to hate on the Lakers instead of being happy that your team has just acquired a 24 year old All Star Center

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:57 ----------

Yeah, I'd say Bosh is better than Gasol.

Yeah, you would, because after all, Bosh shoots for a higher FG%, averaged more rebounds, assists, sand block shots than Gasol last year.

Oh, wait a minute.

He didn't.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Deal not completed YET Sergio, Talks will continue on friday.

Don't Think the lakers will be getting both Iggy and D12 without the inclusion of Gasol in the deal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Deal not completed YET Sergio, Talks will continue on friday.

Don't Think the lakers will be getting both Iggy and D12 without the inclusion of Gasol in the deal.

Deal is done, dude.

The conference call is to the league tomorrow to finalize the trade

And the lakers are not getting Iggy. Just Howard.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Deal is done, dude.

The conference call is to the league tomorrow to finalize the trade

And the lakers are not getting Iggy. Just Howard.
Yeah, Still Stern need to approve it. I was replying to Rollie's post about both Iggy and Howard to LA.

Great deal for the lakers, Magic are basically a screwed franchise, taking Aaron affalo as the center piece for the best center in the NBA :sergio:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
But then again, ALC, as is par for the course, you absolutely do not see the forest for the trees here, and realize that the Sixers got the 2nd best player in this trade.

But you would rather choose to hate on the Lakers instead of being happy that your team has just acquired a 24 year old All Star Center

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:57 ----------

Yeah, you would, because after all, Bosh shoots for a higher FG%, averaged more rebounds, assists, sand block shots than Gasol last year.

Oh, wait a minute.

He didn't.
To be fair here, Bosh was injured for a large portion last season, and in his role he's gotta leave all the points to Lebron, Wade, and even Chalmers. But whenever I've seen him, his impact on a game is amazing. Wasn't it when he came back that the Heat steamrolled Boston?

And yeah, I'm really glad we're getting Bynum but Iggy was our main dude. It's painful to see him go. But hopefully this starts a new chapter for Philly. All our young players could do something next year, and there is a lot more room for growth with Bynum.

But don't forget Iggy's pretty good too. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, Still Stern need to approve it. I was replying to Rollie's post about both Iggy and Howard to LA.

Great deal for the lakers, Magic are basically a screwed franchise, taking Aaron affalo as the center piece for the best center in the NBA :sergio:
Stern has no reason not to approve it.

All of the salaries match.

The reason why the call is happening tomorrow is because the trade happened after the league office closed

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 23:11 ----------

To be fair here, Bosh was injured for a large portion last season, and in his role he's gotta leave all the points to Lebron, Wade, and even Chalmers. But whenever I've seen him, his impact on a game is amazing. Wasn't it when he came back that the Heat steamrolled Boston?

And yeah, I'm really glad we're getting Bynum but Iggy was our main dude. It's painful to see him go. But hopefully this starts a new chapter for Philly. All our young players could do something next year, and there is a lot more room for growth with Bynum.

But don't forget Iggy's pretty good too. :D

You should be very happy that the Sixers are getting Bynum. He's the 2nd best center in the league, and is still young. The Sixers made out the best after the Lakers in this trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 43)