The NBA Thread (56 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why? Basketball is huge where I come from. In some European countries it's bigger than football. Following NBA or European basket is like following CL and EPL.
I know that. It's just funny how so few American members here care about the NBA.

Personally, I hate it. When I was a kid I used to love it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I know that. It's just funny how so few American members here care about the NBA.

Personally, I hate it. When I was a kid I used to love it.
I'm not following it that much either. I used to watch everything back in the days, from NBA to domestic league. Now 90% of the sport events I watch are football.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
It's funny how there are more foreign basketball fans than Americans here in this thread. :howler:
International players are slowly taking over. :p There's even a possibility of an NBA team in Europe someday, it's not impossible.

I'm not following it that much either. I used to watch everything back in the days, from NBA to domestic league. Now 90% of the sport events I watch are football.
I have NBA League Pass Premium, but during regular season I only watch 3-4 games a week and highlights. Playoffs now, I watch half of the games.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
International players are slowly taking over. :p There's even a possibility of an NBA team in Europe someday, it's not impossible.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but until teleportation becomes a little more mainstream, it pretty much is impossible. :D

I would think the next step in this process might be something akin to the FIFA club world cup. That would be very possible, and kind of fun - although it would likely have to happen before the season started, which would somewhat diminish the quality of the event.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I guess thoese where the times of MJ?

Loved the matches between Jazz and Bulls, though it's a shame Malone with Stockton didn't win it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
For me its the other way around, this past year I've been watching NBA basketball more and more to the point where I would say that I'm more interested in that. Juve is the only football I watch these days.

CP3 won't go to New York, he'd be a retard if he did. You can't go to a team built around superstars(Melo and Amare) that play ZERO defense. If he's smart he should either join Dwight in Orlando or Blake Griffin in Clippers.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but until teleportation becomes a little more mainstream, it pretty much is impossible. :D
I'm not saying that it's likely to happen, it probably won't, but it's also not impossible. It's all about money and if people don't fill up stadiums in cities like Sacramento and Memphis, their owners will take the teams elsewhere. Las Vegas or even London. This season was also first time ever that 2 NBA teams played regular season games in Europe (London). If I remember correctly they also wanted a team in Mexico in the 90s but it never happened. Me personally, I don't really care about a possible NBA team in Europe.. Barcelona Bulls, Belgrade Bobcats, London Lakers etc :p

I guess thoese where the times of MJ?

Loved the matches between Jazz and Bulls, though it's a shame Malone with Stockton didn't win it.
Same here, 90s was a good time for NBA.. too bad Malone & Stockton never won a championship. I remember supporting the Jazz in those 97 & 98 finals vs Bulls.

CP3 & Melo are good friends, they also know Stoudemire from US team. I think CP3 will most likely go to NYK after next year when he's a free agent. During game 1 or 2 in the Miami-Boston series, CP3 was sitting front row with a NY cap.

If he really goes to NY, Miami-NYK games will be very interesting: Lebron, Wade & Bosh vs CP3, Melo & Amare. :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Same here, 90s was a good time for NBA.. too bad Malone & Stockton never won a championship. I remember supporting the Jazz in those 97 & 98 finals vs Bulls.
Malone and Stockton, the memories... I was always rooting for them to win it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 43)