The NBA Thread (43 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Its posts like this that make me wonder

I don't see what Lebron did that was sooo wrong. He was part of the greatest free-agency period in NBA history. ESPN made a big deal out of it, not Lebron. He was gonna get his money and publicity anyway but the fact of the matter is that he didn't really have a choice in the spotlight.

He didn't owe Cleveland, its fans or the team a damn thing. Anyone that thinks so is an utter moron. For those of you who don't know, Cle is not the place where anyone would want to spend their career.

Stop the hating on Lebron and his decision to go to Miami. I don't care if the Heat win or lose, but the bottom line is that he made the right choice to leave Cleveland.
Actually Dru, the whole 1 hour wankfest was proposed by LeBron's media team. So it was LeBron that made things such a big deal. He could have kept things low key, returned calls to the guy that paid him for seven years, paid a little homage to the home team and then gracefully left town. Dude's an egomaniac, which really isn't surprising since he's been the next big thing for 3/4s of his life.

However, I could care less that he went to the Heat. Shaq did the same thing when he went from Orlando to LA. Though he did it a bit more gracefully. It's the NBA, people move on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Actually Dru, the whole 1 hour wankfest was proposed by LeBron's media team. So it was LeBron that made things such a big deal. He could have kept things low key, returned calls to the guy that paid him for seven years, paid a little homage to the home team and then gracefully left town. Dude's an egomaniac, which really isn't surprising since he's been the next big thing for 3/4s of his life.

However, I could care less that he went to the Heat. Shaq did the same thing when he went from Orlando to LA. Though he did it a bit more gracefully. It's the NBA, people move on.
:tup: :tup:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Haters would hate on Lebron on whatever decision he made.

All those years all we've been hearing from the Lebron haters is that he only thinks about the money and about his brand and that the game is secondary to him. Now that he made the choice that goes against everything the haters have been saying all those years in leaving crazy much money on the table and risking his brand by sharing the stage with Wade and Bosh just to win they start calling him a glory hunter.

Lebron joins NY
"OMG Lebron is such a douche. He is just thinking about his brand and he is not even a basketball player, fucking celebrity wannabe"

Lebron joins Chicago
"OMG Lebron is such a coward. He knows he's not good enough so he joins the most championship ready team. LEBRON YOU SUCK!"

Lebron stays with Cleveland
"OMG HAHA fuck u Lebron u stay with the Cavs cause of the money. That bitch only thinks about the money"

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's all hail Lebron James then, cuz everything he has done up to this point in his career has been class.

Marketing team to televise his decision on ESPN: Check

Teaming up with Dwayne Wade and Bosh in Miami, instead of joining Chicago, or renewing with the Cavs, as it potentially represents an easier path to ring: Check

Look at Durant ffs! He renewed with the Thunder without much fanfare. He decided to stick with his team cuz he wants to help them win.

Durant is class; Leblown Games is not!

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Let's all hail Lebron James then, cuz everything he has done up to this point in his career has been class.

Teaming up with Dwayne Wade and Bosh in Miami, instead of joining Chicago, or renewing with the Cavs, as it potentially represents an easier path to ring: Check

Look at Durant ffs! He renewed with the Thunder without much fanfare. He decided to stick with his team cuz he wants to help them win.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

You're hating on James for dumb reasons. Staying in Cle would have been dumber than going to Chi. Why follow Jordan's path? Why not join up with 2 other great NBA player to form an unprecedented squad? Something neither Cle or Chi could ever offer.

Plus, Durant signed the extension with OKC because he wouldn't get big money from other teams since there were obvious bigger named free agents on the upcoming market. His value is still accruing. Its better for a player like him to play amongst shitty players on a shitty team which allows him to shine even brighter. Thus when his true FA period strikes then he can ask for top dollar.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not hating on James. I just think he is a coward and a douche.

Bottom line is: He stays in Miami, it's Dwayne Wade's team, and no matter how many rings he gets, he will always have one less than D-Wade.

The man has a huge ego, and is a hypocrite. He hasn't accomplished anything in his career yet, and yet people are idolizing him and granting him iconic status.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Bottom line is: He stays in Miami, it's Dwayne Wade's team, and no matter how many rings he gets, he will always have one less than D-Wade.

The man has a huge ego, and is a hypocrite. He hasn't accomplished anything in his career yet, and yet people are idolizing him and granting him iconic status.
So basically what youre saying is that he hasn't accomplished anything yet(Back-to-back MVP!) cause he still hasn't won? So normally, you should respect him by now cause he turned his back on a lot of money and he's taking a risk on his legacy just so he can win.

And hey, btw. People say Lebron is cheating and taking the easy way for the rings while nobody mentions that Kobe is surrounded by better players?

Blake vs Chalmers = Blake
Kobe vs Wade = Kobe
Artest vs Lebron = Lebron
Gasol vs Bosh = Gasol
Bynum vs Ilgauskas = Bynum

And, lets not forget that Phil fucking Jackson is leading that team.

Look, I love both Kobe and Lebron but the Kobe fans are going apeshit on Lebron for "cheating". Cavs never surrounded Lebron with a good #2 cause nobody wants to play in that tiny market. Lebron did as much as he could do without any good help. See how Cavs will go from winning 60+ games two seasons in a row to missing out on the playoffs next season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

How does he have an ego if he is playing on "Wade's team"?? How is he a coward if he makes the right choice for HIS career and HIS future??

And its not his fault that people are idolizing, and giving him iconic status. Yes, he hasn't accomplished anything as of yet but then again he's not walking around proclaiming that he has.

He is actually one of the few athletes that doesn't have an ego, that chose winning over cash, and maintains himself as a positive role model. Unlike rapist Kobe or gun possession Iverson.

Your hate for Lebron is petty and personal. No real substance or criteria which substantiates or validates any ill will toward the guy. He has done everything the right way while everyone around him have tried to defame and milk him.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As much as the NBA sucks as a league at least they have rookie salaries in check.

Fucking limp wristed Sam Bradford is going to get 45 million in guaranteed cash.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
BTW, before anyone starts making their assumptions. I'm not an NBA fan (since 99) and I'm not a James fanboy.

Its simple, game recognize game. And those who don't resort to hating, as we are witnessing in here.

As much as the NBA sucks as a league at least they have rookie salaries in check.

Fucking limp wristed Sam Bradford is going to get 45 million in guaranteed cash.
Don't forget about the great Jamarcus Russell :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
BTW, before anyone starts making their assumptions. I'm not an NBA fan (since 99) and I'm not a James fanboy.

Its simple, game recognize game. And those who don't resort to hating, as we are witnessing in here.

Don't forget about the great Jamarcus Russell :D
Can't wait to see Bradford take his first big league hit.:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So basically what youre saying is that he hasn't accomplished anything yet(Back-to-back MVP!) cause he still hasn't won? So normally, you should respect him by now cause he turned his back on a lot of money and he's taking a risk on his legacy just so he can win.

And hey, btw. People say Lebron is cheating and taking the easy way for the rings while nobody mentions that Kobe is surrounded by better players?

Blake vs Chalmers = Blake
Kobe vs Wade = Kobe
Artest vs Lebron = Lebron
Gasol vs Bosh = Gasol
Bynum vs Ilgauskas = Bynum

And, lets not forget that Phil fucking Jackson is leading that team.

Look, I love both Kobe and Lebron but the Kobe fans are going apeshit on Lebron for "cheating". Cavs never surrounded Lebron with a good #2 cause nobody wants to play in that tiny market. Lebron did as much as he could do without any good help. See how Cavs will go from winning 60+ games two seasons in a row to missing out on the playoffs next season.

Hey Genius, he didn't turn down a lot of money. Please know what you are talking about before you go spouting off at the mouth. He is making 15 million less over the lifetime of the contract, but there is no personal income tax in florida. Miami had to give up first and 2nd round draft picks to the Cavaliers and Raptors for the next 5 years so that James and Bosh could each get 6 year contracts. SO, if this experiment blows up, which most of the NBA is hoping for, they are seriously fucked for the future.

Lebron James giving up money. Yeah right. You are one of the lemmings who believes that shit. And the "no personal income taxes" also happens to go for all of his endorsements as well.

Bottom line. I don't care that he left Cleveland. THe way he did it was beyond classless and he is forever a douchebag for doing it that way. How anyone can defend the way he treated the Cavaliers and the people of Ohio are beyond me.

The fact that at 25 years old, he feels he needs to hook up with a superstar in order to win titles, instead of being "The Man" and being the leader, is the sign of someone who doesn't want to deal with the pressures of failure, and is instead begging to be loved.

Larry, Magic, Michael, and Kobe all laugh at you, Lebron.

And stop bringing Kobe into this. He has been with one team for 14 years, he did not bail when the going got tough. Yeah, he bitched about not getting help, but every supersar does. and in fact, before the Gasol trade, it is well known that Lebron had received more help than Kobe Bryant did.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
About Lebron's money. It's easy to give up 15 million in salary in Cleveland when you're going to make Tiger endorsement cash in Miami.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Magical deals become norm for Cavs' GM Danny Ferry
Share_email E-mail Story | Share_print Print Story | Comments | ShareThis
By R-C Staff
March 3, 2010

Staff report

When the Cleveland Cavaliers signed Danny Ferry on June 28, 2005, to become the franchise’s eighth general manager, his $10 million deal gave him final say in all basketball operations.

Judging by the choices Ferry has made with the Cavaliers, it appears that his “final say” is one that can be trusted.

Not only has Ferry been a huge part in creating an identity for the Cavaliers, along with majority owner Dan Gilbert and head coach Mike Brown, but he has also created a roster absolutely loaded with depth and talent.

Ferry has been unable to secure a perennial All-Star alongside megastar LeBron James, but the cumulative talent of what the Cavs have now may trump that.

No one is perfect, with Ferry having some black marks on his choices that looked good initially, including the signing of Larry Hughes, then Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall in the same off-season. He also drafted Shannon Brown in the first round of the 2006 draft, but he never caught on in Cleveland and now is a key contributor for the Los Angeles Lakers after he was scooped away from the Cavs.

However, since those flops, Ferry has hit a home run on nearly every pitch he has seen.

• He was able to unload Hughes’ overpriced contract in a multi-team deal on Feb. 22, 2008. The deal brought in Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West. Only West remains from that quartet, but the other three made positive contributions. West was the gem in that deal, though. The fact that he remained in Cleveland made the deal a positive one in itself.

• Acquired guard Mo Williams on Aug. 14, 2008, from the Milwaukee Bucks in a three-team trade that also involved Oklahoma City. Part of the deal sent Joe Smith and Damon Jones packing only for Smith return after the Thunder bought out his contract and waived him. In essence, the Cavs traded Jones for Williams, who has blossomed into an All-Star.

• Signed undrafted free agent Jawad Williams, who took awhile to mature, but worked hard and developed himself into a player that is now part of the rotation.

• Drafted forward J.J. Hickson in the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft. Hickson has shown flashes of brilliance as he still develops into a consistent player, but has shown he can make an impact on the game as a starter or off the bench.

• Acquired Shaquille O’Neal on June 26, 2009, from the Phoenix Suns. Ferry sent Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic and a second-round selection to the Suns to obtain the Hall of Fame center. The Suns bought out and waived Wallace and Pavlovic — both of which were role players for the Cavs.

• Signed highly sought after free agents Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon and Leon Powe during the 2009 off-season. All three have quickly become a integral part of the team’s current rotation, with Parker the team’s starting shooting guard.

• Acquired Antawn Jamison from the Washington Wizards on Feb. 18 in exchange for Zydrunas Ilgauskas, a first-round draft pick and the rights to Emir Preldzic. With Preldzic currently playing in Europe and Ilgauskas being bought out and waived by Washington — with all signs pointing to his return to Cleveland on March 22 — the Cavs essentially received Jamison, an All-Star, for only a first-round draft pick. The key to considering that deal a steal is whether or not Ilgauskas does officially return the Cavs — a decision he is expected to make in the next couple of weeks.

The argument can be made that there is no team deeper than the Cavs, with many of the team’s bench players having the capabilities to start for many of the NBA’s other teams.

The talent is in place, but the ultimate goal of an NBA championship will be the only prize that will measure of Ferry’s moves go from good to great.

Hey look, Lebron never got any help, especially when they basically got Jamison and O'Neal for free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 40)